Aldeer.com

SD card viewers

Posted By: timbercruiser

SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:09 AM

I'm about to buy a SD card viewer, just for still pictures. The Wildgame Innovation unit looks like one of the best for the value, but there are some negative reviews. What is working best for ya'll for a in the field viewer?
Posted By: QDMAlan

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:13 AM

What type of phone are you using? You can buy sd card viewers that plug into your phone and they are much cheaper than that the wildgame viewer.
Posted By: bldevil15

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:21 AM

I have a Wildgame Innovation and in my opinion it is a POS. While flipping thru pics it will "lock-up" and I have to use a paper clip to press the reset then start all over again and it does this almost every time I use it. also sometimes when I put my SD card in it will say card is empty and then after taking the card out and putting it back in several times it will finally display pics.
Posted By: bamamed1

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:32 AM

I think the phone viewer is a good option. I use an SD card reader for my iPad.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:33 AM

I was wanting a stand alone unit. I know about the phone additions.
Posted By: TatSoul

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:50 AM

Just buy a cheap android pad on Craigslist that u can just put the SD card in.get some headphones and you can watch movies on it also.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:55 AM

I have a moultrie viewer that works fine.
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 08:59 AM

i bought An sd card reader from bps(whitetailr card reader ) that plugs into my S4 mini. Says its compatable but will not work. I talked tot eh company and they said it has everything it needs to make it work but for some reason they have tested several s4's and will not work. I may upgrade to an S5 bc i know it works.
Posted By: Tambo252

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 09:09 AM

I wanted a larger display than what's available on most viewers. I ended up buying a $15 SD reader from Amazon that plugs into my Android tablet and it works great.
Posted By: smitty00

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 09:16 AM

I have an old 9 meg digital camera my wife used. She was going to throw it out. It works great !
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 09:59 AM

I went through this about 4 months ago. After talking with several people that had various readers and reading reviews....I bought 2 SD cards per camera. I just go in and swap them out then look a the pics once I get home.

It's also much quicker that way and cheaper.
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:06 AM

I JUST BOUGHT 2 SD CARDS( 2 GB EACH) FOR 10.88 AT WALMART.
Posted By: buck_buster

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Game Hunter
I went through this about 4 months ago. After talking with several people that had various readers and reading reviews....I bought 2 SD cards per camera. I just go in and swap them out then look a the pics once I get home.

It's also much quicker that way and cheaper.

This is what I do.
Posted By: quailman

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:12 AM

I use an old Laptop.
Posted By: Northbamabucks

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:15 AM

I've got the wild game innovations trail pad an it works fine I've never had any problems with it I love it. Put it in your jacket or pants an get in the stand. It's really light in your pockets you can hardly tell it's there it's a great product
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:16 AM

My wife's camera will plug into the tv in about 3 seconds,I use that and use 2 Sd cards like the others have said so I just swap them and wait till I get home to look at the pics,or I've used an old digital camera to look at them while in the woods
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 10:29 AM

I've got an iPhone 6+ but like you I wanted a standalone solution. I just happened to have a CANON Powershot 600 digital camera laying around and it works perfect. I can zoom and pan within an image, I can view images on a card quickly, I can delete images, images are really nice quality too. This was the perfect solution to me. I just toss it in my pocket and when I get to a camera I can pull and view easily

Here's one on ebay for $18

Posted By: msims767

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 11:23 AM

I use a laptop sometimes I take it with me or just wait till I get home
Posted By: Surefire1911

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 12:11 PM

I use an ipad with sd card reader. Works really well.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 12:17 PM

I just go in and swap them out then look a the pics once I get home.

That's how I've been doing it for years. I thought that's how everyone done it. You mean people stand at their camera going through a couple thousand pics in the woods? loco

No wonder people think cameras scare off their deer. rofl
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
I just go in and swap them out then look a the pics once I get home.

That's how I've been doing it for years. I thought that's how everyone done it. You mean people stand at their camera going through a couple thousand pics in the woods? loco

No wonder people think cameras scare off their deer. rofl

My DPS cameras shoot up to 8400 pics per day (every 5 secs) and I have to take them home and process them in a special way so that I can actually make it through all that data ... Imagine 8400 pics per day per 4 cameras for 1 week ... Thats 28 sets of 8400 pics and each set takes me 5-6 minutes to scan over

The motion sensor cameras produce only a few pics per day and those are sure easy to review in the field
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: SD card viewers - 10/09/15 01:51 PM

2 cards, swap them, use old digital camera for a quick review. Because nothing sucks worse than getting home a realizing somethings wrong with the camera, or a limb keeps triggering it, or whatever. At home i use laptop.

I also pair my cards up, the same 2 always goes in the same came. I mark them A1,A2-B1,B2,etc
Posted By: Honolua

Re: SD card viewers - 10/11/15 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaneomac1
I JUST BOUGHT 2 SD CARDS( 2 GB EACH) FOR 10.88 AT WALMART.

they have 8gb ones on ebay for $4.50 free ship
© 2024 ALDEER.COM