Aldeer.com

Hunting lease insurance for small acreage

Posted By: Liberty

Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/06/15 08:36 AM

If I missed another thread for this, my apologies. We are a small club leasing timber company land with insurance included. We have the opportunity to add an 80 acre tract that joins us from a private land owner, but we have to provide insurance. does anyone have suggestions for a cost effective solution for small acreage?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/06/15 08:47 AM

AFOA.org there should be a tab on the left for insurance. Cheap and easy.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/06/15 09:26 AM

AFOA
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/06/15 10:29 AM

Not sure what the cost would be for AFOA but if you are a member of Buckmasters, you can get it for $327.20 with Southeastern INs. LLC.
Posted By: Liberty

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/06/15 10:45 AM

I was able to get liability with AFOA for $112...thanks guys!
Posted By: hitek

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/07/15 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By: muzziehead
Not sure what the cost would be for AFOA but if you are a member of Buckmasters, you can get it for $327.20 with Southeastern INs. LLC.

AFOA would be cheaper than that for 80 acres....

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/07/15 02:46 PM

Just curious as to what type of coverage that got you. Here is what Southeastern issue as their standard coverage. My lessor requires that we carry a $1,000,000 policy per occurrence.
Posted By: hitek

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/08/15 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: muzziehead
Just curious as to what type of coverage that got you. Here is what Southeastern issue as their standard coverage. My lessor requires that we carry a $1,000,000 policy per occurrence.

Everything looks the same except it looks like yours has $100k damages and our has $50k damages. Seems like it is something like $50 for each property, $50 for each property owner, plus $0.18 per acre. Can't remember off top of my head.

Re: Hunting lease insurance for small acreage - 10/08/15 10:07 AM

Thanks, ours is $296 Flat fee then .14 per acre and $20 for each additional landowner. Next year I will definitely get a quote from the same one you have.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM