Aldeer.com

HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT??

Posted By: Northbamabucks

HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 10:53 AM

In my neck of the woods most of our trees are still pretty much green an seem like there gonna stay that way until it really starts to get cooler I have a ghillie suit (not the ones with the leafs on it) and its not one of those cheap mossy oak or realtree ones it's a full military green an brown suit I was thinking about Huntin in that opening day I got a spot were there's not any good trees to put a stand and to crowded to put a bling have yall ever hunted in one ?? Whatcha think about em ?
Posted By: KHOOKS

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 10:57 AM

My buddy hunts in one he loves it. I went song dog hunting with him and it funny how quick your eyes lose him. He'd walk out about forty yards and set in a cutover about two feet deep with grass and weeds. I would hang back and run the call box. The next thing you know he is gone from sight. Can't see him for nothing, then he'd move a little and you see him again. Look away for a few minutes and he is gone again.

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: KHOOKS
My buddy hunts in one he loves it. I went song dog hunting with him and it funny how quick your eyes lose him. He'd walk out about forty yards and set in a cutover about two feet deep with grass and weeds. I would hang back and run the call box. The next thing you know he is gone from sight. Can't see him for nothing, then he'd move a little and you see him again. Look away for a few minutes and he is gone again.

yep it awesome how artificial material blends in so good with the natural resources smile

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 11:43 AM

Posted By: WmHunter

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 12:22 PM

I bought one about 20 years ago. Thought I was going to be Mr. Bad to the Bone invisible camo guy. Wore it one time. And never again. Because I burned slam up in it.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 01:21 PM

I've never fooled with it. Of all the reasons I can't kill a deer, visual concealment is low on the list.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 01:31 PM

Make sure you wear some orange or somebody may shoot at the big foot.
Posted By: Duckshooter

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 09:10 PM

I wonder if Indians wore Ghillie suits?lol
Posted By: Buckkiller77

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Duckshooter

indians did it a better way...they would kill a deer and clean it out completely even the eyes and get up in it and walk on all fours up to other deer and have a knife with them and jump out and stab them.....hmmmm.....i might should try that...cant kill a deer any other way rofl
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/05/15 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Buckkiller77
Originally Posted By: Duckshooter

indians did it a better way...they would kill a deer and clean it out completely even the eyes and get up in it and walk on all fours up to other deer and have a knife with them and jump out and stab them.....hmmmm.....i might should try that...cant kill a deer any other way rofl
I guess that's why you never seen a fat Indian lol

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/06/15 09:57 AM

lol we all need to try that

Re: HUNTING WITH A GHILLIE SUIT?? - 10/06/15 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
Make sure you wear some orange or somebody may shoot at the big foot.

lol shoot ya you aint kiddin people will shoot at anything these days
© 2024 ALDEER.COM