Aldeer.com

jackson co guys

Posted By: bowtarist

jackson co guys - 10/05/15 10:18 AM

Are you finding any acorns? If so, are they low or high on the mtn? I looked for about 6 hours yesterday and didn't find the first tree dropping fresh acorns. This was all on top or the upper 3rd of the mtn side.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: jackson co guys - 10/05/15 10:41 AM

I found quite a few falling in a creek bed yesterday ... Roughly 650 ft ASL .... in the bottoms
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: jackson co guys - 10/05/15 11:11 AM

Yep, two varieties of red oaks, some white oaks, some chestnut oaks. I haven't seen any Chinkapin acorns yet. All were upper 1/2 of the mountain, chestnut oaks with acorns were on top.

Has the timber been cut in the last 10 years or so where you were looking? Or is it a mature forest?
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: jackson co guys - 10/05/15 01:05 PM

Red oaks dropping, white oaks and I believe water oaks too. The swamp chesnut oaks that I found didn't look to even have acorns on it. I looked with binos and couldn't see any. But the canopy is thick so hard to tell
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: jackson co guys - 10/05/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Yep, two varieties of red oaks, some white oaks, some chestnut oaks. I haven't seen any Chinkapin acorns yet. All were upper 1/2 of the mountain, chestnut oaks with acorns were on top.

Has the timber been cut in the last 10 years or so where you were looking? Or is it a mature forest?

Its a little of both. The trees that were hot last year dont have anything on them. I looked in some new areas to and didnt see anything.
Posted By: demp17

Re: jackson co guys - 10/05/15 08:03 PM

Found a bunch of water oaks falling but that is it and they are low on the mountain. Also found them in the tree lines along row crops in the bottoms. I can't find any white oaks falling other than a few huge white oaks with some acorns on them and those are about 2 benches from the top. Gonna go check a few more spots this weekend.
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: jackson co guys - 10/06/15 08:40 AM

Got good acorns falling all over the place at our house and noticed the same at neighbors... location near Jackson Cty Farmers Market / Turd creek area
Posted By: truedouble

Re: jackson co guys - 10/06/15 09:45 PM

I've been looking and with the exception of some chestnut oaks, I haven't seen anything. No white oaks, at least so far. I was thinking this year was going to be slim pickens for acorns anyway.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: jackson co guys - 10/07/15 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: truedouble
I've been looking and with the exception of some chestnut oaks, I haven't seen anything. No white oaks, at least so far. I was thinking this year was going to be slim pickens for acorns anyway.

x2
© 2024 ALDEER.COM