Aldeer.com

Rut Question

Posted By: OTOM

Rut Question - 04/17/11 06:24 PM

I know this varies from year to year. However, if you were to have to forecast what the best 2-3 weeks of the season are in central AL what would it be in relation to the rut?
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Rut Question - 04/17/11 06:39 PM

No matter where you hunt in the State it is the two weeks after the season is over! grin
Posted By: OTOM

Re: Rut Question - 04/17/11 06:40 PM

How true!
Posted By: 49er

Re: Rut Question - 04/17/11 08:01 PM

Where I hunt in NE Tuscaloosa County, the chasing phase is best around the week of Christmas most of the time. It was about a week later this year for some reason. I've heard reports of it being a little later in other areas this year as well.

I saw a buck cutting a doe away from two other does near where I used to work in Bessemer a few days before Thanksgiving. That was in the area where Hercules Powder Plant used to be. There seems to be a short period of chasing in late Nov and then it gets really good in late Dec in western Jefferson/NE Tuscaloosa County.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Rut Question - 04/17/11 10:13 PM

Christmas day forward for three weeks should do it....
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: Rut Question - 04/18/11 01:41 AM

This is just my opinion, if I had to pick 2 weeks to hunt Barbour county it would be the 12th through the 26th of January. Most of that time is pre rut. Bucks are ready to go and the does aren't. I see many bucks on the move hunting receptive does. Once the does start going into heat the bucks will stay right with the does, usually around January 20 is the peak breed date. The last couple of days I am still seeing bucks but not as many as I did in the middle of the month. In the southern part of the state they are not going into even pre rut before early February.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM