Aldeer.com

GPS coordinates

Posted By: metalmuncher

GPS coordinates - 09/23/15 08:55 PM

I can find the boundarys on the new lease I have pretty easy by comparing some of the maps I have. None of those have GPS coordinates on them though. What is a good map online site that you can pick a spot and get Coordinates? I was thinking that google earth did this, but now I cant figure it out, if it's even possible.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/23/15 08:56 PM

I would use Jackson county Public GIS to find coordinates for boundary lines and etc. Maybe your county has something like that.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/23/15 08:58 PM

OnX has an app that you can install, The trial membership will show you coordinates with property lines. the free trial only last a week or so though. I bought their sd map card for my garmin.
Posted By: biscuit1979

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/24/15 02:47 AM

http://www.alabamagis.com/
Posted By: JEM270

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/24/15 09:11 AM

Google earth works great. Click on the yellow push pin on the upper left and then move the pin to where you want. It will then show the location. You can also name it.
Posted By: AU_Forester_02

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/24/15 02:08 PM

Google Maps webpage will give you lat/long in decimal degrees when you click on a point.
Posted By: nock1on

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/25/15 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: biscuit1979
x2
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/25/15 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: JEM270
Google earth works great. Click on the yellow push pin on the upper left and then move the pin to where you want. It will then show the location. You can also name it.

^^^ This works well
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: GPS coordinates - 09/25/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket62
Originally Posted By: JEM270

^^^ This works well

Thanks. I did this. It works. I was thinking Google earth would show latitude/longitude coordinates, I just couldn't remember how to do it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM