Aldeer.com

F@$#ing Trespassers!

Posted By: Honolua

F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/03/15 11:33 PM

Every year at this time we get flooded with morons on ATV's blasting through posted signs, going around posted gates, etc...

Tonight I was loading up my kids old dog that died today, to take her out and bury her when 2 ATV's come flying past and I watched them go down a posted private road and then heard them turn around at the gate and watched them go back around looking for a way around the posted gate.

All the land around our subdivision is either owned, leased or managed by us and every damn bit of it is posted.

The idiots that were trespassing bought my. Uddies house and haven't even lived in it for a complete week yet.

I had my ha ds full with my three little grief stricken kids and couldn't get on these guys like I wanted.

It may be for the best I reckon, since it was such a rough day and there's probably less volatile days to confront these guys.
Posted By: James

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 12:11 AM

I'd pay them a house visit..
Posted By: TDunson

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 02:00 AM

I'm the first to blow my lid and ask questions later but maybe a lil talking to would make a big difference. If not I'll help you hide the bodies.

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 05:42 AM

By God, I'll be knocking on their damn door this morning. I guaran-doggone-tee it.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 10:40 AM

Let us know how it goes. Hope it works out.
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 12:25 PM

punji sticks work well on 4 wheeler tires.
Posted By: ALarcher

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 03:35 PM

Take some roofing nails and put them out where they ride. Works for me. When they stop coming, get a strong magnet on a piece of string and whatever nails they didn't "pick up" with their tires.

Just remember where you put them or you could have a real "doh!" moment later.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 03:44 PM

Its foolish to put roofing tacks out. Youll never get them all.
cut some strips of plywood and drive the roofing tacks thru them. then lay the plywood across the road they use and cover it with dirt. Then after they are sitting there with flat tires drive up and pick up your plywood.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 04:02 PM

1.5" roofing tacks get the word out quick. Don't ask how I know. But I don't have this problem anymore.
Posted By: shooters

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 04:04 PM

Railroad spikes work better, sharpen them and drive them try some paneling and bury them. YOU WILL NOT fix a flat tire after a railroad spike goes threw it! thumbup
Posted By: ALarcher

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Its foolish to put roofing tacks out. Youll never get them all.
cut some strips of plywood and drive the roofing tacks thru them. then lay the plywood across the road they use and cover it with dirt. Then after they are sitting there with flat tires drive up and pick up your plywood.

It's foolish to put plywood out. The beavers will eat it........
Posted By: TDunson

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Honolua
By God, I'll be knocking on their damn door this morning. I guaran-doggone-tee it.

Let us know how it goes...remember there's always landmines
Posted By: rut_n_strut75

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/04/15 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: shooters
Railroad spikes work better, sharpen them and drive them try some paneling and bury them. YOU WILL NOT fix a flat tire after a railroad spike goes threw it! thumbup
Ha I bet!
Posted By: Tambo252

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 10:05 AM

I'm dealing with the same problem on my farm. Two weeks ago I caught a kid out here on an atv...took care of that problem. Now I've got a guy sneaking in & fishing in the early morning hours. Got him on camera three times this week. There aren't many things that make my blood boil like a trespasser.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Tambo252
I'm dealing with the same problem on my farm. Two weeks ago I caught a kid out here on an atv...took care of that problem. Now I've got a guy sneaking in & fishing in the early morning hours. Got him on camera three times this week. There aren't many things that make my blood boil like a trespasser.

Just let me come fish in the mornings?
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 01:46 PM

Rebar pieces about a foot long driven into the ground with 4 inches protruding works well also... Or so Ive heard smile

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 02:34 PM

Tambo how does Brody feel about a stranger catching his fish ????
Posted By: mw2015

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 02:41 PM

I hate people who disrespect private property. If you don't own it and don't have permission to be on it keep out. I also hate bozos driving down the road at night trying to shoot deer out of people's yards. Usually young punks with nothing better to do and parents who didn't raise them to be respectful. Law usually catches them drunk or with drugs.
Posted By: Tambo252

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Tambo how does Brody feel about a stranger catching his fish ????

That boy is madder than a mashed cat!

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/05/15 03:14 PM

give him a switch and turn him loose on'em lol

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/06/15 08:03 AM

I went over to his house and talked to him. He seemed like a nice enough guy but I told him straightup,"This is a nice country town, pretty much everyone within atv distance has been told politely at one time or another to stay off our land. They are also told that the next time we ain't gonna be so cordial and won't hesitate to make an example out of them and the same applies to you."

Then I went on, "Having said all that, if there's anything you ever need help with or if you need help lifting or moving anything while you are moving in, I am happy to help ".
Posted By: Invmp12

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/07/15 08:49 PM

Fair Enough !!!
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 07:53 PM

Some times you gotta go "roy d mercer" on them......

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 08:04 PM

Huh!
Hope you're talking about the Original and not those jack-ass DJ's.

To this day that is the funniest stuff I have ever heard. We still laugh about it.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 08:18 PM

This will be the first year the landowner is willing to go thru with trespassing charges in court where I hunt. Theft and destruction of equipment has made a patient man mad. The usual shucks I'm sorry not going to cut it this year.

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 08:53 PM

I'll tell you what...I'm fed the hell up. Dang it I'm getting fired up.
Posted By: SMB44

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Honolua
I'll tell you what...I'm fed the hell up. Dang it I'm getting fired up.

They did it again?
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/10/15 10:15 PM

Dont sound too good...

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/11/15 07:29 AM

Doggone It...Someone come through a different entrance...fresh ATV tracks all over a creek crossing.

I'm always so excited this time of year with deer season coming up. finishing up the last few things to prepare for it etc...

But Lord Have Mercy i hate dealing with trespassers.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/11/15 09:09 AM

Covert is your friend. Put it on the main rd when it sends you a pic you can greet them with a Leo quickly.

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/11/15 10:16 AM

We had one get stolen after turkey season but you are right we will put some up high with the ladder this weekend.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/14/15 09:33 PM

I just don't understand trespassers. I caught 14 last year. The land owner next to me has the land posted but every body in the county rides there and nobody seems to care. Bastages ride across my place to get to the other property. I put up signs, had them ripped down. Drove T posts on the trails and they pull them up. Got lucky and caught one of "ring leaders" Father in law and 2 of his kids and was going to press on them all and the guy said if I wouldn't press on them he would do every thing in his power to stop every one else from riding across my place. He kept his word and spread the word to so many people to stay off my place that my nephew (who is a rider) called me and told me that a he got stopped by the guy and was warned about my place.
I even got a couple of pics of trespassers this spring and showed him the pics and he told me their names and I took care of them. Luckily I haven't had any problems for the last couple of months.

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/15/15 04:57 AM

I've got a group of people I'm having serious problems with. My place has a creek on it that's decent fishing and the land owner before me (yeas ago) let everyone through. I've since gated the rode due to the drug activity and dumping. It's been 15 years and I still have 2-3 huge situations per year - I've been held at gun point, had lock / chain cut off numerous times, threatened every which way. I enjoy owning land but I have more trouble with people on my private land than on public. It's frustrating
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/15/15 05:38 AM

WELL AS LONG AS THE CREEK IS NAVIGABLE THEY CAN FLOAT IT ALL THEY WANT AS LONG AS THEY DONT GET OUT OF THE BOAT IN THE WATER OR ON THE LAND

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/15/15 06:29 AM

I gated the road....I have zero problems with folks on the creek. It's the dumping, drug use, and unsavory people that were hanging out on the property that resulted in the gate. Place became dangerous- caught people cooking meth right on my property
Posted By: Invmp12

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/15/15 08:21 PM

We had a fella having the same problem in our county. He came by and seen my boss, the Sheriff, explained to him the problem. It was during a time when we were getting 2 meth labs a week. My boss assigned me and 2 others to work a split shift, waiting in the area. 2 weeks later, 9 arrests, 4 meth labs, several foot chases, and all convictions, (hard to defend when caught in the act) problem solved. Word gets out pretty quick. Plus the owner is removed from the equation, we did all the charges. Go pay a visit to your County Sheriff, can't hurt.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/16/15 06:22 AM

It normally don't help either, at least in my county. Been there tried that.

Roofing tacks worked best.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/16/15 07:34 AM

Roofing tacks aren't a good idea, they can buy them also.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/16/15 09:03 AM

if yer going to use tacks get ready to get some in your tires also, it works both ways.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: F@$#ing Trespassers! - 09/16/15 10:35 AM

If you are planning on installing a covert camera and you are worried about them stealing it you can hide it. (hahaha... really make it covert!)

I have one in a birdhouse built out of some old weathered wood. It sits crooked on an old fence and I have to make sure the weeds/vines dont cover up the bird hole where the lens is.

I have another one in an old cracked 5 gallon bucket that used to have hydraulic fluid in it. I then piled some old trash and crap someone had dumped just outside our gate to make it more realistic. Dont use a good bucket, someone might pick it up to use it and get your camera.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM