Aldeer.com

North Dakota

Posted By: 2ndHand

North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:06 PM

So, my mom recently moved to North Dakota, in the Watford City area. I'm planning on visiting her (read taking a hunting trip) sometime this year or next. Anybody have any experience up there?
Posted By: ScentFreeHunter

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:14 PM

Just read an article about hunting in ND. Disclaimer** the article was from 3 years ago, but it mentioned a lottery system for gun tags and that they were pretty hard to get and that the gun season was fairly short. Article said bow tags could be bought over the counter. Better do some research...
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:16 PM

You ought to go up there in October and shoot some ducks. Their deer hunting may be good but their duck hunting is second to none besides Canada

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:26 PM

Never really tried much duck hunting but the Missouri River runs pretty close to Watford. Just don't know if I can afford to add another hobby. Haha

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:27 PM

Yeah. I did a little research last night. If I go it would be bow for sure. Some of the ND hunting forums were talking about residents not even getting gun tags.
Posted By: Clem

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 09:42 PM

North Dakota deer hunting regulations:

http://gf.nd.gov/regulations-hunting-fishing-etc/deer-guide-regulations

Re: North Dakota - 09/01/15 11:09 PM

Thanks. That's really helpful. The last thing I need is to fly to North Dakota to get a fine. Haha.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: North Dakota - 09/02/15 11:56 AM

If you go, take a bunch of pics. I've always wanted to go hunt up there. Best of luck!
Posted By: STALKER8

Re: North Dakota - 09/02/15 01:10 PM

Gun tags are very tough to get for out of state hunters. I have applied two or three years now and haven't gotten lucky enough to be drawn yet. I have family up there so I will continue to put in every year but it takes a while. Pheasant hunting is awesome there as well if you know the right folks. Bow hunting would be really tough unless you have some sort of drainage/river/creek not many trees or at least not where my family is.

Re: North Dakota - 09/02/15 03:18 PM

Yeah. That's what I'm hearing. It would definitely be bow hunting. The area is part of the badlands I think. I've looked on google earth a little bit. It looks like there's some good spots around the river.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: North Dakota - 09/02/15 04:10 PM

Some of the best bird hunting (sharp tail grouse, geese, ducks, pheasants, sand hill cranes, swans) in the country. Can't wait to go back.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: North Dakota - 09/02/15 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
Some of the best bird hunting (sharp tail grouse, geese, ducks, pheasants, sand hill cranes, swans) in the country. Can't wait to go back.

Tickaticka, are you the same Tickaticka from ducksouth? If so, you got to start sharing some of your artifact hunting pics and videos over here
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: North Dakota - 09/03/15 10:04 AM

No. That isn't me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM