Aldeer.com

WGI game cameras

Posted By: nock1on

WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 10:04 AM

WGI game camera trade-in/replacement is crap!!!! Ok I feel better.

Moultrie STILL has the best people!
Posted By: SeriousHunter93

Re: WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 11:01 AM

Had 3 WGI cams. all tore up before end of season! I now have all Moultrie and LOVE THEM

Re: WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SeriousHunter93
Had 3 WGI cams. all tore up before end of season! I now have all Moultrie and LOVE THEM

AGREE!
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 04:36 PM

I concur!
Posted By: Kelly_123

Re: WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 05:31 PM

we just found two WGI's still taking pictures from last season. Forgot they were there and had about 800 photos on each. Could not believe the awesome pictures of deer, turkeys and foxes.
I like Moultrie, but I am sticking by the WGI's....
Posted By: BobK

Re: WGI game cameras - 08/31/15 08:26 PM

One I had was Junk.
Posted By: TatSoul

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Kelly_123
we just found two WGI's still taking pictures from last season. Forgot they were there and had about 800 photos on each. Could not believe the awesome pictures of deer, turkeys and foxes.
I like Moultrie, but I am sticking by the WGI's....
800 pics all season?either u need a new spot or that camera is missing a whole Lotta pics.a Moultrie or Bushnell would have filled up a 16 gig card in 2 weeks.I drove by a wgi about 30 times on my tractor and it took about 2 pics.I ended up bushogging the pine it was on with the camera still onit.
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 01:40 AM

MIGHT JUST BE HIS SPOT HE HAD IT IN. SOME PLACES I CAN PUT A CAM OUT IN THE WINTER AND GET 100 PICS A WEEK, THE COME SPRING MIGHT GET 5 PICS A WEEK . IT ALL DEPENDS
Posted By: jono23

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 07:47 AM

i just bought one used, didn't know any better. If I walk in front of it over and over for a few minutes, ill end up with 1 pictures. Meh.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 08:43 AM

My two WGI blade x6c cameras had bit the dust for whatever reason.(age,storing batteries in them, weather, idk) They told me no there was no program to send them in and check them out nor a trade in for a newer or refurbished camera.
BUT I have a Moultrie M80XD that thru the code trail card locked. I call in and ask questions. The kind customer service rep. says you have put to big of memory sd card in the camera and locked it. She said no way to trouble shoot it. So go on line pick the camera of your choice below $300 and we will give you 40% off it. So I screwed up the camera and you are going to give me 40% off of a newer camera. I believe I will continue my run with Moultre.
Posted By: ACT3

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 09:01 AM

I have used moultries because of the customer service that i have experienced. Last year i was given a WGI that has done great over the last year. Probably 8-10,000 pictures and just changed batteries. As a matter of fact, I like it so much that i just purchased a WGI that was on sale at a larger sporting goods store for 39.99. If it works like the other one, it will be well worth it. Might get what i paid for though!! We'll see.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 10:21 AM

I've had mine for 4 years. Still going strong.....so far. Knock on wood
Posted By: bambam32

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 08:53 PM

I've had great luck with WGI cams. I buy the cheapest ones they have and they've always been solid. Had one take a pic of a logging machine cutting the tree down while it was attached to the tree. It cracked the lens but it made it another month until rain got in it. Academy takes back anything. Just save the box just in case.

My Moultrie cams will take pics of a fart in the wind. It never stops taking pics all day. That's my only complaint about moutrie's.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/01/15 09:01 PM

YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE AREA IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA CLEARED FROM ANYTHING THAT WILL MOVE.. OR I BET YOU HAVE IT ON TIME LAPSE WHERE IT TAKES A PIC EVERY 5-30 SECONDS. MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THE SETTINGS
Posted By: NorthernAlpine

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/04/15 02:48 PM

I got a 6-pack of WGI Blade 6's that ran year round the last two years, still going strong. I had bad results when I used regular alkaline batteries the first time out, when I changed them to the lithium batteries they were popping 6-900 pics a week and went right around 2 months before the first battery bar dropped. I've got a few of the older Moultrie M80's that are still going strong as well.

I could care less about the brand name vs. whether or not the gear works as advertised.
Posted By: NorthernAlpine

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/04/15 02:52 PM

From a few days ago from the same ones...note the photo number in the bottom right, thats 5 days worth of pics

Posted By: 5Pages

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/04/15 03:35 PM

I've had good luck with WGI but not Moultrie. I'm thinking of replacing my Moultrie cameras because I've had bad experience with them taking pictures.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/04/15 10:41 PM

Went to check cameras the other day. Brand new moultrie had three energizer batteries with I reckon acid coming out of them(no pics). We go to check some other cameras and low and behold they were off. We both swore the cameras were on when we left. It was like they just turned themselves off. I find it hard to believe anyone would've turned them off. I think it is old age starting to show. We will see.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/04/15 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 5Pages
I've had good luck with WGI but not Moultrie. I'm thinking of replacing my Moultrie cameras because I've had bad experience with them taking pictures.

WHAT KIND OF MOULTRIE
Posted By: mw2015

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/05/15 09:21 AM

I've had problems with all brands except Cuddeback so far. Some Moultrie cameras work well while others aren't worth a cornbread F. I had two of same model where one lasted 3 years and other stopped working just past the warranty. Have a 7 year old Moultrie that still works but newer ones are hit or miss. Moultrie has terrible service. Don't get me started on their feeders and accessories. That plastic funnel for metal feeder isn't worth a cornbread F. Returned 2 Bushnell with problems under warranty. They were great as far as warranty service. Cuddeback cameras both worked well after year and a half but I'm not pleased with picture quality at night. Free 2 year warranty on Cuddeback is nice. I think you take your chances on all of them and are lucky if they last more than a year.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/05/15 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

WHAT KIND OF MOULTRIE

A5
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/05/15 12:08 PM

I quit buying moultries. I had 2 of em and none of mine lasted a year. I got one up overlooking the gate at the camp as an attempt to keep an honest man honest.

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/05/15 06:57 PM

WHAT KIND OF MOULTRIE

A5

IF YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM AWAY ILL TAKE THEM

Re: WGI game cameras - 09/06/15 02:04 PM

WHAT KIND OF MOULTRIE

A5

IF YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM AWAY ILL TAKE THEM

I've got someone I may be trading them for, if it doesn't work out I'll let you know.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM