Aldeer.com

LBL

Posted By: YEKRUT

LBL - 08/25/15 03:12 PM

Anyone else get drawn for this year? We got our normal unit and the room is booked already. Yee Yee.
Posted By: Blong

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 03:13 PM

Which days did you book?

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 03:27 PM

12th and 13th. We leave at midnight, drive up and scout the whole day before. Hunt Friday and Saturday and come home Saturday night.
Posted By: Blong

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 03:32 PM

Great dates! We will be in ks a few days before. I have been fired up since turkey season ended. Have y'all ever shot on up to Indiana and hunted gov ground before or after your lbl hunt?

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Blong
Great dates! We will be in ks a few days before. I have been fired up since turkey season ended. Have y'all ever shot on up to Indiana and hunted gov ground before or after your lbl hunt?

That sounds like a lot of effort for a deer. smile this trip is one my uncle and I have been doing for the last 10-12 years and it's more about hanging out than killing anything. we have found some good areas, saw some monsters, and had a lot of fun up there.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 04:53 PM

Bought my point. Got two now. Probably go next year.

Yekrut,

Yout want to go turkey hunting up there? I've thought about the non quota late season
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 04:54 PM

sounds like a fun time Yekrut. Good to keep the tradition going.

Good luck up there this year...hopefully one of those monsters will be close enough for one of you to get a shot.

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: AlabamaSwamper
Bought my point. Got two now. Probably go next year.

Yekrut,

Yout want to go turkey hunting up there? I've thought about the non quota late season

I wouldn't mind goin late season sometime. We always see a lot of birds and find tons of sign while deer hunting up there.

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 06:41 PM

We have had chances at some descent deer in the past, but the getting them out of where we are hunting is another story and why we haven't shot one in the past. We both have agreed if we wouldn't mount it then it ain't getting shot where we hunt. 2 years ago I had one walk right up to me in the dark, I guess it heard me walking and thought i was a deer too.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Anyone else get drawn for this year? We got our normal unit and the room is booked already. Yee Yee.

You're actually excited about hunting a deer? There may be hope for you yet. wink
Posted By: croman69z28

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 07:35 PM

Is there a place to find info on doing a DIY hunt in that area of the country? I'd like to start the process of planning a trip but have NO idea where to start. I want to bowhunt for sure. Location really doesn't matter, price does though. Don't want to invest a ton of money in going and then spend my time trying to figure it out. That make sense? Any pointers you guys could give would be appreciated.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: croman69z28
Is there a place to find info on doing a DIY hunt in that area of the country? I'd like to start the process of planning a trip but have NO idea where to start. I want to bowhunt for sure. Location really doesn't matter, price does though. Don't want to invest a ton of money in going and then spend my time trying to figure it out. That make sense? Any pointers you guys could give would be appreciated.

Google, Kentucky dnr, etc

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

You're actually excited about hunting a deer? There may be hope for you yet. wink

Not so much the deer hunting but hanging out and catching up just us guys.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: LBL - 08/25/15 09:44 PM

I got drawn also, I'll update the unit and dates tomorrow.

Now, if I could just draw the Presidents Island tag, I'd be one happy camper! Robinhedd
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: LBL - 08/26/15 07:55 AM

I put in for the preference point this year.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: LBL - 08/26/15 08:23 AM

I got drawn unit 13, Nov. 13 & 14. Not sure if I'm going, since my Illinois bowhunt came up. I've got that tag & license to buy now! Robinhedd
Posted By: doecommander

Re: LBL - 08/26/15 09:24 AM

I bought a point. Gonna try to go next year.
Posted By: BluffHunter14

Re: LBL - 08/31/15 08:24 PM

My best friend and I were selected for the KY quota hunt in Nov...I realize its a cardinal sin to give advice about public land "secret spots/ honey holes"...but we were given area 3. Does anybody have any guiding advice as to where a good place to start would be. We have hunted LBL on the KY side in area 1 for the last three years with our bows, but have never set foot in area 3. Anything would be helpful...seriously anything. Feel free to PM if you are feeling generous and don't want your advice to be posted all over the public forum. Thanks!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM