Aldeer.com

Bill Busbice, class A DBAG!

Posted By: Blong

Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 12:50 PM

Just watched red arrow and first off, bill wouldn't shake the host hand. The host was given a pic of a buck to shoot that he had passed 2x already. He shoots the deer and bill drives under the box stand all the way to the deer without stopping and talking to the host. Makes the host walk 250 yds down to the truck then acts disgusted about the deer he shot. The host explains that matt(bills son) gave him the go ahead on the buck but bill was still a dick about it.
Posted By: tikkaman

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 12:53 PM

I refuse to watch any show he and his sons are on.
Posted By: Reptar

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 01:27 PM

Their shows are terrible. They are trying to piggy back off Duck Dynasty and hit the hunting market along with the reality tv market. Even when the "Buck Commander" show comes on which I can barely tolerate I won't watch it if they are filming at the Busbice place.
Posted By: johndeere5045

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 01:39 PM

For sure POS. I read last year that he basically stole most of his land from the state of Louisiana. All 55,000 acres of it
Posted By: 270koc

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 01:50 PM

He's always been a d-bag cause he is a stingy inconsiderate wannabe hunter that wouldn't kill crap without his money and both his sons are almost following in his footsteps #BillBusbiceyousuck.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 04:10 PM

Stole his land from the state? How did that happen? I need some tips, but they are stupid shows
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: johndeere5045
For sure POS. I read last year that he basically stole most of his land from the state of Louisiana. All 55,000 acres of it

How did he do that? It was my understanding the he bought it from LP.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 04:35 PM

I don't see how you can judge a person's character so harshly, to the point of calling them POS if you don't know them! Bill and Matt both have good hearts and are God fearing people. If you don't like their shows don't watch them, it's that simple!
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 05:29 PM

Don't know who that is so obviously he has never impressed me and from the sound of it, he won't ever impress me.
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 05:34 PM

I watched that too. He acted like a prick plain and simple. If you won't shake a man's hand AND get pissed over a deer like he did.... You're a azzhole
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 05:38 PM

entire thing was probably staged...
Posted By: slick_trick

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 05:57 PM

This is television gentlemen... I wouldn't take it for what it appears.. that being said, I can't watch any of their stuff. I tend to watch the shows that help me age deer or improve the habitat. I dont need to buy some apple smoke infused, molasses laced, corn raging acorn meal by wildgame innovations.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:05 PM

I would say it was staged if it was their show but it was another called Red Arrow. Hell of a way to treat the guest in camp.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:10 PM

Ok, changed my mind…just watched it. What a jerk. by far the most uncomfortable situation I've seen on a hunting show.
Posted By: JAT50

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: johndeere5045

Him and his partner bought almost all the land from Louisiana-Pacific but they did enclose a few tracts they didn't own by fencing it in and then put up internal fences around the enclosed properties, so basically if you don't have a helicopter you are screwed getting to your property!
Posted By: Huntinman

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:22 PM

Not only did the fence out land owners, the ways in which they went about acquiring the land speculate the use of federal funds and then the resale of land to busbice for 'less than $20 an acre'

http://louisianavoice.com/2013/01/15/dis...f-bodie-little/
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:24 PM

Don't like them or their cheap products.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 06:54 PM

Even if it was staged stuff, would you allow it to be staged to make you look like a prick? It's not the first time I've seen that same type of jealous behavior shown on there hunting show.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 07:02 PM

Don't watch their shows or by their products. I talked to a guy that worked for them and basically said the same thing. He said the turn over ratio is unreal. Also said they pay folks to get on the Internet and talk good about them. Worthless
Posted By: Reptar

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 07:24 PM

They may be god fearing people in real life but they are selling out to make tv shows for fame and money. If they were truly the way you mentioned they wouldn't act that way. Real life or television. You don't see the duck dynasty clan acting like that. Every show of theirs pitches some new dumb product they want people to buy.
Posted By: coach41

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 08:38 PM

Just my opinion, I've always had the impression that he was a wanna be hunter who just liked bossing people around. It took a while for him to kill anything on his show, but by then I'd had enough of him. We encounter enough buttheads in real life...don't want to pay to watch them or pay for the commercials that support these shows. ODC...cancelled.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
Even if it was staged stuff, would you allow it to be staged to make you look like a prick? It's not the first time I've seen that same type of jealous behavior shown on there hunting show.

No, I wouldn't but these guys are idiots. I had in my mind that it was a fake confrintation kind of like they do all the time on duck dynasty. After watching the show today it was clearly not stage. Bill was ticked and had a terrible attitude. As someone else said he passed the shooting house without stopping, not even knowing what the deer looked like…almost like he was pissed when he heard the shot.

Everyone should read the article that someone attached. These guys are pretty bad if what the article says is true as well as those commented on the article. No one defending Bill or his crew for sure. I'll never buy anything they sell….
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 09:13 PM

I've never liked any of them (based simply off of watching their shows). I'll NEVER support them by buying their products (Wildgame Innovations)
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 09:18 PM

Who?
Posted By: YAPER

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/18/15 11:57 PM

They're all idiots! But there's millions and millions of more idiots out there buying all their gimmicky products! So I guess that makes them sophisticated idiots! I have a buddy who has filmed Big Bill in several hunts and he said it's a miracle the guy ever kills anything, he only hunts a couple hours when he goes. And I haven't seen this particular episode but I've seen several episodes where he gets pissed at his or his sons guests for shooting small or young bucks. Although I think it is staged I still don't get it, I have a hard time believing they'd actually air episodes where he is really pissed but if it is staged why would they want to make him out to be a Richard Head?! That's the part I don't get.
Posted By: charlie

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 12:51 AM

Look at American chopper. Those guys looked like jerks on every show and it was one of the most watched shows of all. Most of that was staged. Drama sells on tv and if you are just in it to make a buck you don't care if you look like an idiot. Not saying it's right or I would do it but you have to look at it that way to understand what some people do.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: slick_trick
This is television gentlemen... I wouldn't take it for what it appears.. that being said, I can't watch any of their stuff. I tend to watch the shows that help me age deer or improve the habitat. I dont need to buy some apple smoke infused, molasses laced, corn raging acorn meal by wildgame innovations.

^^^^This. I don't enjoy watching their shows, but I haven't ever considered anything about them personally that bugs me. I just don't like the 30 minute infomercial that they call a hunting show. I keep waiting on them to start selling acorn scented Flex Seal.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 06:57 AM

to clarify, the show we are talking about is Red Arrow TV, and is actually a pretty good show in my opinion. He was just hunting at Bill's
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 07:59 AM

I was in the hunting industry as you all know. A friend, ex pro boxer Jerry Goff , a Louisiana resident, was in charge of Hickory Creek archery...which made the Draw Loc.

It is a device that turns a bow into a Cross bow type of device.

He did alot with veterans...and I actually filmed 2 american heroes for his show using them.
One was Jesse greer, an Alabama Marine who was disabled. He was on the cover of the book "the Magnificient Bastards", and was one of the marines who were isolated and surrounded for a month by thousands of NVA.
He was disabled by AK47 fire as he loaded then colonel Weis (now General Weis) onto a chopper after being wounded.

It was a good device for guys who still wanted to bow hunt..though they physically couldnt.

Bill Busbice was the head of Louisiana Fish and Game..and fought to keep the draw loc illegal in the state. No crossbows either.

UNTIL he bought Barnett X bows. Then fast tracked that thru so it was legal...and NOW you see Bill..who fought against X bows and the draw loc..now shooting one every dang show.

Typical politically connected elitest..and obviously a HYPOCRITE!
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 08:51 AM

I never carried their stuff when I sold hunting gear & food plot seed online because their costs wholesale weren't good. Terrible margins and terms compared to other companies. It was obvious they did not care if their potential retailers succeeded or their wholesale prices would be better. Not to mention the quality seemed poor.I stayed away from Wildgame Innovation & Realtree. Two companies I wanted nothing to do with.

Mossy Oak & Biologic are the opposite. Good down to earth folks that treat their distributors & retailers right. Some of the nicest people I've ever met. They're the real deal with no ego.
Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:33 AM

I dont care if it is staged or not or if they are doing all that crap for ratings.I would rather be know as being a kind hearted soul by just a handful as opposed to being known as a dick by a whole multitude.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67
I would rather be know as being a kind hearted soul by just a handful as opposed to being known as a dick by a whole multitude.

Amen. That's worth repeating!
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 11:11 AM

When did Jerry move to Louisiana? He had been in Saucier, MS after retiring from boxing. He opened Hickory Creek Archery there... Of course I haven't heard much about him in a few years..

Article
Posted By: BC

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 11:44 AM

I don't know Bill and I have never met him. I've met both his sons at the NWTF convention and they seem like pretty good ol boys. The older one anyway, the younger one still has a lot of kid in him. Bill however seems like an oddball. He acts really wierd in all the shows I've seen him in. They commisioned a Wildgame Innovation bike to be built by Orange County Choppers a few years back. When they had the big unveil, Bill showed up dressed as a member of Kiss..... makup, tights, boots.... the whole nine yards. The Teutels were like.... WTF??? Bill is a wierd cat.
Posted By: loprofile

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 11:49 AM

Reminds me of a dark haired Donald Trump.
Posted By: Fleahopmayor

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 02:37 PM

Does anyone have a link to the episode in question???
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleahopmayor
Does anyone have a link to the episode in question???

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 03:14 PM

It aires tonight/this evening on outdoor channel at either 4:30 CST. I don't think there is anywhere to watch it over the internet yet, give it a few more days.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 05:04 PM

I just watched it and I don't really know what the OP is talking about. The guy shot a buck on the list and when they came to pick him up they drove past the deer to pick up the hunter. Then they went back and let him recover it without telling him they already had seen it. Bill doesn't shake hands. I don't have a problem with that but he gave the guy 2 fist bumps. I thought they made the hunter feel good about his kill.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: dagwood
I just watched it and I don't really know what the OP is talking about. The guy shot a buck on the list and when they came to pick him up they drove past the deer to pick up the hunter. Then they went back and let him recover it without telling him they already had seen it. Bill doesn't shake hands. I don't have a problem with that but he gave the guy 2 fist bumps. I thought they made the hunter feel good about his kill.

Don't think we are on the same episode. The deer falls in its tracks and the hunter watches bill ride past him to the deer. The hunter then walks to the deer where bill gives him the attitude about the deer.

Red Arrow "another one......and another...."
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 05:11 PM

The other deer he shot is where bill acted like a prick. He killed two, one with a xbow and one with AR.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 06:26 PM

I don't think that was staged at all. He looked pretty bent out of shape about it.
Posted By: ATDH

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 06:28 PM

Looks like they may have cut some of the conversation out about it on there

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 06:50 PM

I don't know if the response by the red arrow host was staged or not, but why in the hell would he beg to come back and agree to only shoot does and hogs. I wouldn't want to come back after being told to shoot specific deer then catch an ear full about shooting them. You could see him verifying the deer with pictures to make sure he could shoot them.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 07:05 PM

His place, his rules.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 07:55 PM

Cant change the channel fast enough when I see that show on.
Proof they will put ANYTHING on TV.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:43 PM

I just watched it thinking I was going to be able to get back on here, and defend Bill..... I can not. Although I understand why the host wants to go back. I have hunted at a place where I've been scared to shoot and passed on bucks larger than I've ever killed on the side of caution. I still beg to come back because it is managed so well that the opportunity to kill something that's special is there.

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:44 PM

woe nelly…gots to be talking about a different episode. Billy drove/ flew past the shooting house to go to the deer , knowing the hunter was still in the shooting house, made the hunter walk 200 yds and when the hunter gets there Bill looks like someone just shot his dog and proceeds to lecture the guy on how he shot a young deer. If you really think about it, he had to have been ticked that the guy shot a deer. I mean, who drives by a hunter and keeps on trucking down to the deer. Wouldn't most people stop, pick up the hunter, congratulate the hunter and ride or walk down to the buck together to let the hunter be the first one to put his hands on the buck?

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntinman
I don't know if the response by the red arrow host was staged or not, but why in the hell would he beg to come back and agree to only shoot does and hogs. I wouldn't want to come back after being told to shoot specific deer then catch an ear full about shooting them. You could see him verifying the deer with pictures to make sure he could shoot them.

thought the same thing, but Red Arrow has to produce shows so he probably needed to air this footage. They probably edited out most of Bill's ranting and raving and did their best to show the recovery without making it any worse than it was… then it was so awkward anyway, that it would have been even more awkward had Red Arrow guy not addressed what happened. Probably just trying to be nice or maybe out of respect for the son, who appears to be an idiot but a much nicer human being.

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
His place, his rules.

true, but the hunter followed the rules…. if you watch the show he had pictures on his phone of this buck and the son said it was a shooter. Bill should have taken it up with Matt not the hunter. I've never seen anything so bad on outdoor TV, which I guess is why I am still talking about it… pompous posers like Bill just really bother me I guess.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Stob
Cant change the channel fast enough when I see that show on.
Proof they will put ANYTHING on TV.

x2
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 10:21 PM

Has it gone online yet?? if so, can someone post the link? ...don't have access to the outdoor channel and am interested in seeing this

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/19/15 11:12 PM

Not sure. But you are looking for red arrow 2015 season episode 8. I think. You can double check me on the outdoor channel website by searching line ups.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 12:00 AM

Your right..http://outdoorchannel.com/showvideos.aspx?show-id=958
It's a preview of it is all i could find but you do see the part yall are talkin about when the son specifically sends him the list of what to shoot..
Posted By: tenthlegionnaire

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 07:18 AM

Kip Campbell (Red Arrow Host) is an awesome dude that like most of us just likes to be outdoors and hunting. He gets just as much enjoyment out of whacking a doe as he does a 6 yr old booner. Bill knew something was dying when he went to the stand so that had to be staged. Kip is the nicest guy you will ever meet at a show so if you get a chance to talk with him do it. His customer service on apparel is great as well. I bought a shirt at a show and realized when I got home it had a hole in it so I emailed them and they sent me two new shirts to replace it

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 10:22 AM

Seemed to me like bill must have already been aggravated the way he just drove past him like that
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 10:28 AM

Watched it this morning. Completely staged in my opinion. Good show! I like Kip Campbell and his productions. I don't care for Big Bill or the Busbices but that is one fine place they have to hunt. I can't even wrap my mind around 55K acres to manage.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 08:26 PM

I don't watch the show because when Bill talks it sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 08:51 PM

I read some of the articles about how he got the 55k acres and the fencing project. I'm all for fences, because they make good neighbors, but damn, the Busbice family must be some real pieces of trash. Their products are junk, and their show sucks donkey balls, but that aside, if the land dealings are true, I don't know why anybody would buy anything they make. If Willie Robertson is such a Christian conservative, he might need to look at the company he keeps.
Posted By: bowhunt55

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/20/15 10:16 PM

I'm not a fan of the Busbice show and don't own any of there products. However, from what I read about the fence it was done legally. I think they mentioned one 10 acre tract they enclosed in 55,000 acres, but otherwise it was disgruntled neighbors who felt they were negatively effected. I understand the neighbors frustration as it would suck to be cut off, but I don't think it was illegal. Since I don't own any of there products I cannot validate your claim that "all of there products are junk," but that sounds a little harsh. Also, Willie can be a Christian and still hunt at the Busbice property.

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/21/15 09:06 AM

Yea, the fence was done legally. but the way they supposedly acquired the 55k acres initially is pretty shady. Big oil and big government, federal and state, seem to be heavily involved.

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/21/15 10:48 AM

No telling how much it would cost to fence in 55000 acres!
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 08/21/15 11:16 AM

I would bet it would be more than $7 a foot with clearing, gates, corners, surveying,etc.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/21/15 01:48 PM

Can't stand them.
Posted By: BIGBUCK01

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/21/15 06:41 PM

Their products are garbage. Talked to a guy that used to be a cameraman for them, was telling me about an episode they had way back that involved a Polaris 4 wheeler, deer pen and a stand outside the pen, it was pretty messed up. Of course they had to edit the 4 Wheeler out of the shot
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/22/15 08:41 AM

Their uncle is more entertaining that Uncle Si
Posted By: Dangerlangus

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/22/15 02:43 PM

I met the Busbice brother or cousins, I don't know what they are, but the younger guys. I went to Bowie outfitters in Baton Rouge to look at some turkey calls, and bring mine to show one of the fellas that works there. They are arrogant and told me I should quit using my Lynch that my grandfather bought from Mr. lynch back in the day. That thing is worth more than my gun to me, it's the only call my grandfather ever used. I had no idea who they were to begin with, and they acted like I should know who they were. Oh well some people never learn how to act right.
Posted By: woodsrider

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/22/15 07:51 PM

I rarely buy any calls from "the big companies" because they almost always have somebody that knows enough to be dangerous at best. Anybody that don't respect a Lynch box for its utility, not to mention the countless numbers of turkeys that met their maker due to one of those "Grandpa" calls; don't know much about turkey hunting to begin with. Those guys wouldn't make a pimple on a real turkey hunters ass !
Posted By: shooters

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 08/23/15 04:42 PM

I was in a club with guys from Louisiana once, that Swoar that they new Bill. They ALL said he was a lying DBAG~ So it a very good possiblity its true! grin
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 06/26/17 10:24 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/www.outdoorhu...oaching-wyoming
Posted By: top cat

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 06/27/17 06:34 AM

eek
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 06/27/17 12:57 PM

FYI.

http://ow.ly/dvLl30cWExQ
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Bill Busbice, class A DBAG! - 06/27/17 08:32 PM

Don't got nothing for the man !
Posted By: BIGBUCK01

Re: Bill busby, class A DBAG! - 06/28/17 01:43 AM

Hunted with one of their ex camera guys one time. Said don't believe everything you watch on their shows. Said on one show they hunted inside a deer farm, the old man picked a deer he wanted to shoot, and they had to push the deer to the stand with a 4 wheeler, of course they had to edit the 4 wheeler out. This stuff didnt just start, where there's smoke, there's fire..
© 2024 ALDEER.COM