Aldeer.com

spinoff of processor thread

Posted By: Blong

spinoff of processor thread - 07/30/15 08:40 PM

I have read where alot of people drop the whole deer off and the processor cleans it for them. I have never heard of such. I enjoy the fellowship around the skinning rack as much as I do the hunt. I don't even know any processors that clean deer. How many of yall clean and cut up the meat except for sausage or burger?
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/30/15 08:47 PM

Until this year I havent had a place of my own to hang one up. I would gut in the field then drop off the deer at a processor Hunting public land usually required a long drag back out. The club I'm in this year has a skinning rack that's set up nice.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/30/15 08:58 PM

I did that once. Never again no matter how tired i am or late it is. Clean two in dark next time myself rather than drop one off. Charged $20 to skin & gut. Charge wasn't bad but read my reply to original processor thread to see why I don't use processor again. Same ripoff artist in Kinston
Posted By: Remington270

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/30/15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Blong
I have read where alot of people drop the whole deer off and the processor cleans it for them. I have never heard of such. I enjoy the fellowship around the skinning rack as much as I do the hunt. I don't even know any processors that clean deer. How many of yall clean and cut up the meat except for sausage or burger?

That's the only kind we have around us. They just charge more if you don't skin/ gut yourself.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/30/15 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: Blong

That's the only kind we have around us. They just charge more if you don't skin/ gut yourself.

Yep, same with us.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/31/15 12:47 AM

We have a nice skinning shed but me and TC were the only ones to use it. Bob is lazy and paid to have his cleaned.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/31/15 07:22 AM

In the last 4 or so years I have dropped the whole deer off everytime. $25-$50 to have them skin,gut and dis pose of guts is well worth it to me when it is after dark and I am trying to get home to get the kids ready for bed. I have only hunted afternoons recently and always need to get home after the hunt. If I killed in the morning or was spending the night I would skin and let hang first.
Posted By: quailman

Re: spinoff of processor thread - 07/31/15 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: jsh1904
We have a nice skinning shed but me and TC were the only ones to use it. Bob is lazy and paid to have his cleaned.

That I am! grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM