Aldeer.com

Name brand Roundup??

Posted By: Remington270

Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 04:58 PM

Does anybody have a source for this for cheaper than Lowe's? Reason I ask is that the El Genero brand stuff precipitates and clogs up my big fancy sprayer and name brand doesn't seem to.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 06:17 PM

Round up is name brand Gly.

Try some eraser or cornerstone.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white
Round up is name brand Gly.

Try some eraser or cornerstone.

I got that part. I wanted to know where I could find the actual name brand stuff for cheap, looks like Amazon has the 41% 2.5 gallon bottle for $77. I may try that. Real shame how Lowe's rips people off.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 06:48 PM

I know a guy who knows a guy who might know where some powermax is. Thats 49% name brand. And he's headed to see his family in Selma next weekend if you need some!

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I know a guy who knows a guy who might know where some powermax is. Thats 49% name brand. And he's headed to see his family in Selma next weekend if you need some!

Ha! That guy sounds like a real character. I don't want to put you out, though. But I really appreciate the offer.
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 08:29 PM

Red River Specialties, Inc. in Alabaster can fix you up. Here's their phone number: (205) 664-1077
Posted By: akbejeepin

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 08:30 PM

Check tractor supply. They had a 2.5 jug for about the price you say for Amazon.
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 08:31 PM

This same guy, has a nice new avatar! War Damn Eagle!
Posted By: crocker

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 09:13 PM

I can get 41% gly for $50
Posted By: Wade

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 09:35 PM

Ditto on Red River. Brand is Ranger Pro Plus. It is 41% glyphosphate with surfactant already added. Just read the active ingredient and check for glyposphate. Round Up is the Monsanto brand name. Like others said - there are tons of copy products with the same active ingredient now days.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 10:36 PM

I can see if that guy would drop you off some for $60 a 2.5 gal jug if you want!

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/01/15 10:42 PM

PM to you, 257
Posted By: globe

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 08:51 AM

http://www.ruralking.com/drexel-imitator...surfactant.html
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Daggerz
This same guy, has a nice new avatar! War Damn Eagle!

Yea cmon
Posted By: RiverWood

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 11:16 AM

I use to think that 257 was a pretty good guy until I saw his new avatar
Posted By: Andrew Morton

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 02:16 PM

PM to you, R270

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 02:20 PM

Back at ya.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/02/15 03:43 PM

I use the generic tractor supply brand. I think 2.5 gallons is $59. It works well in my 160 gallon tank.

Did you check your screens before refilling tank? If there was some leftover roundup in the filter housing it will gel up and cause problems. I will empty any leftover mix into 5 gallon buckets, then clear screen and run 15-20 gallons of clean water thru it to make sure no mix is in lines, hoses, pump etc.

Then when I am ready to reuse the saved mix from the buckets i will pour into my tank using a good cotton towel as a filter.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 09:41 AM

ruralking.com has generic 41% gly with surfactant right now for $29.99/ 2.5 gal. With shipping to my house about $44
Posted By: centralala

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: ronfromramer
ruralking.com has generic 41% gly with surfactant right now for $29.99/ 2.5 gal. With shipping to my house about $44

I can't find it on their website. What's the name of it?
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 11:14 AM

Drexel Imitator Plus. I just checked and that price was yesterday only. It's now $34.95, but that's still a great deal
Posted By: globe

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 02:16 PM

You won't be disappointed. That's all I use.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 09:55 PM

Diesel is a lot less than that
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/05/15 11:16 PM

With 320 oz per 2 1/2 gallons and using 2 or 3 oz of Gly per gallon of water it is a LOT cheaper than diesel.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/06/15 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: ronfromramer

Just ordered 2 of the 2.5 gal. With shipping it came to $88 and change. Ordering 2 came to the same price as you. Thanks for the heads up. Saved me about $44 (for 2) plus gas to go get it.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/06/15 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
With 320 oz per 2 1/2 gallons and using 2 or 3 oz of Gly per gallon of water it is a LOT cheaper than diesel.

And diesel doesn't perform well on corn and soybeans.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/13/15 06:54 PM

I have a question about the 41% glycol. I want to spray one of our rough fields to kill everything and the break and till it before doing a legal top
sewn wheat field. Ideally I would like the wheat not consumed by the doves to come up for a fall green plot.

So what should I spray with? and not worry about the wheat coming up?
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/14/15 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Shotts
I have a question about the 41% glycol. I want to spray one of our rough fields to kill everything and the break and till it before doing a legal top
sewn wheat field. Ideally I would like the wheat not consumed by the doves to come up for a fall green plot.

The Ruralking generic product mentioned in this thread will work fine for what you want. I've been using it for a couple of years, and can't tell any difference from Eraser or Cornerstone. None of the 41% gly formulations have any significant soil activity; it won't have any effect on the wheat coming up.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/14/15 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: Shotts

The Ruralking generic product mentioned in this thread will work fine for what you want. I've been using it for a couple of years, and can't tell any difference from Eraser or Cornerstone. None of the 41% gly formulations have any significant soil activity; it won't have any effect on the wheat coming up.

Well, I hope its works good. I ordered 5 gals. UPS called and said 1 of the jugs was leaking and they wouldn't deliver. Wife had to go to terminal to get it. It hadn't leaked enough to be concerned with. Then I got PCP'ed by FedEx. First order was several boxes. 1 was torn up and missing half the material. Then FedEx was suppose to deliver some important papers to me that I needed and had been waiting on. Left it at someone elses house who has a teething yellow lab. Need I say more!!

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/14/15 06:59 PM

Ha well I guess dirt cheap isn't always the best! I think my teething yellow lab pup could eat the whole truck right now.

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/14/15 09:02 PM

Dang, I ordered some over the weekend and didn't even think to see who would deliver it. If its FedEx, I guess I'll be going to Tractor Supply. frown

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 04:17 PM

Ha! Got a notice that they shipped mine UPS. No dealing with FedEx!
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Ha! Got a notice that they shipped mine UPS. No dealing with FedEx!

FedEx always delivers my packages on time and early in the day. My only complaint about UPS is they deliver in the evening.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: akbejeepin
Check tractor supply. They had a 2.5 jug for about the price you say for Amazon.

This! I've have been buying it from tractor supply. Great product.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 07:26 PM

I bought a 30gal barrel of Cornerstone which is 41% Gly from the Lee Co Co-Op for about $350. It may takes us 2-3 years to use that much but do the math, that's less than $12/gal. Buying in bulk is the way to go.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
I bought a 30gal barrel of Cornerstone which is 41% Gly from the Lee Co Co-Op for about $350. It may takes us 2-3 years to use that much but do the math, that's less than $12/gal. Buying in bulk is the way to go.

Where is the lee county(al) coop?
Posted By: topcat223

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 08:46 PM

Local feed store has Envy for $34.95 for 2.5 gallons. I have only used about a 1/4 of a 15 gallon sprayer and it has done its job. I talked to a farmer while there and said he has used a lot of it a he had had great luck with it.
Posted By: topcat223

Re: Name brand Roundup?? - 07/15/15 08:47 PM

Local feed store has Envy for $34.95 for 2.5 gallons. I have only used about a 1/4 of a 15 gallon sprayer and it has done its job. I talked to a farmer while there and said he has used a lot of it a he had had great luck with it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM