Aldeer.com

Hawkins ridge guided hunts

Posted By: Lionsden

Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/26/15 08:52 PM

Has anyone ever delt with them ? Looks like they take some good ones without the high fence and high prices
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/26/15 10:05 PM

In Clayton?

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/26/15 10:08 PM

In eufaula al
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/26/15 10:12 PM

Decent enough place. I've been quail hunting there. Wasn't too impressed with that but I'm sure the deer and turkey hunting would be better.
Posted By: Lead Poison

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/27/15 05:50 PM

Yes, and I wasn't impressed with the owner in the least.

One of the guys I hunted with was told by one of their guides that he could shoot a smaller buck because we were being taken to one of their other tracks of hunting land. After the gentleman killed what he was told he could. The owner wanted him to pay a fine for shooting a small buck.

After several of us told the owner that we all had been told what we could shoot by the owner's own guide, the owner said he didn't care and asked the gentleman to pay or leave.

Afterward, he asked "US" to divvy up the money to pay the fine. Obviously, we all said take a hike.

You may have a better experience, but none of us will ever hunt or recommend them again.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/27/15 06:11 PM

Hawkins family was not well liked around Eufaula when I lived there.

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 02/27/15 08:33 PM

Wow! I'll keep that mind . I don't want scammed thanks y'all
Posted By: Itismemc

Re: Hawkins ridge guided hunts - 03/01/15 10:11 AM

They took tree stands off our property when we had a club next to theirs basically because we could still see their land (Late 90's - 2000's)
© 2024 ALDEER.COM