</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Looking for Lowrance Ghost or 24v Ultrex
by bradbathome. 03/28/24 08:17 PM
Turkey loads/decoy
by Rem870s2. 03/28/24 04:41 PM
Wtb Browning 300 Mag
by desertdog. 03/28/24 03:36 PM
WTB Chevy 1500
by Okalona. 03/28/24 07:44 AM
Iso ruger american ranch
by AustinC. 03/27/24 08:20 PM
Serious Deer Talk
The Hollywood Buck.
by Mbrock. 03/28/24 08:56 PM
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by SEWoodsWhitetail. 03/28/24 10:45 AM
High Fencing
by RareBreed. 03/26/24 10:45 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TensawRiver. 03/26/24 01:26 PM
What makes you happy?
by Fishduck. 03/26/24 10:25 AM
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
West Jefferson County hunting club
by Jmfire722. 03/18/24 08:36 AM
Western Ky farm
by todd w. 03/15/24 01:23 PM
Information on bibb county hunting club
by quickshot. 03/10/24 01:46 PM
Hunting Club
by Hibby. 03/08/24 04:34 PM
Mississippi club
by Gobl4me. 03/07/24 09:55 PM
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mzzy, jw706, gregnbc, 1 invisible), 588 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
ALTurkey Talk -- Beards and Spurs
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
I don't know about PCP, but you and Kbush have got me studying soil like I never thought I would. KBush sent a link to a series of podcasts yesterday and I've just finished 4 of the 9. Interesting stuff, but it is taking me a while to digest.
7 385 Read More
Yesterday at 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
Not finding a sick and or dead turkey seems to me to be about impossible…ive found evidence of their death..many times… i have never found a bird i feel like you coulda said..hey..thats a sick turkey..🤷🏻

I would agree, but..... The outfitter I hunted with in Kansas used to offer turkey hunts. He said it was like the turkeys were just vaporized. One day they were there, the next, they were gone. No feather piles, no carcasses, nothing. I'm sure he tried hard to find them because he had to cancel hunters for the following spring. He quit booking turkey hunts. Folks in his area (SE Kansas) swear it was the chicken litter being hauled in from Arkansas for fertilizer.
18 463 Read More
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
I read, or heard, recently that tests had shown whether or not chicken litter mattered depends on what type of chicken house it came from. They studied litter from laying houses and broiler houses. The litter from one carried disease and the other didn't. I'll try to backtrack to it.
18 463 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
Once more
2 469 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
TTT one last time $160
3 650 Read More
Yesterday at 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ridge Life
Originally Posted by Ben2
Turkey hunting when they don't gobble is about like a bad dove hunt.

You can kill turkey when they don’t gobble. You can’t kill dove if they flying your field…

Right but both suck
33 967 Read More
Yesterday at 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ben2

You can kill turkey when they don’t gobble. You can’t kill dove if they flying your field…
33 967 Read More
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
33 967 Read More
Yesterday at 06:22 PM
Sound of silence
33 967 Read More
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
A lot of drumming going on this morning
33 967 Read More
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
coons hitting feeders is easy as has been mentioned. When I get over 2 coming in at a time the traps go out. Can usually clean them out in 2 nights.....it aint hard.
39 966 Read More
Yesterday at 06:07 PM
Never a sound after he hit the ground and part of the hens came right by us ?
33 967 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 05:59 PM
What's the story on the turtle?
16 1,172 Read More
Yesterday at 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ridge Life
If you got a coon problem it’s your own fault. And feeding them corn makes it a heck of a lot easier to kill.
If the coons are full on deer corn they shouldn’t bother the turkey eggs…

Nope , things is when deer season is over so is the baiting .
39 966 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
Yesterday at 05:50 PM
Why do people do this . Lol
10 755 Read More
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
When the lady biologist is talking about coming onto his site and finding plant species not commonly found anymore in other surrounding areas…..the reason why is likely due to state of his soil …..Some plants only grow in really fertile “climax” type soil conditions where there’s a lot of SOM…….
7 385 Read More
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
22” barrels, fine shotgun and decently priced
1 228 Read More
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Not finding a sick and or dead turkey seems to me to be about impossible…ive found evidence of their death..many times… i have never found a bird i feel like you coulda said..hey..thats a sick turkey..🤷🏻
18 463 Read More
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Fishduck
Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Originally Posted by CrappieMan
You take away the corn and the coon numbers are still the same. The only reason somebody thinks the numbers are exploding is because they see them on camera at a feeder.

I agree with this. They’ve always been there, now you just see it. Coons went unchecked after Coon hunting became unpopular many moons ago. Who recreationally hunts coons in Alabama anymore?

You would be surprised. Lots of guys with coon dogs in my area. They let the dog tree and leash the dog. Very few kill the coon. Those guys manage coons the same way we manage deer. They feed them to concentrate and keep them healthy and some guys even worm them.

In some areas some people might still. I’m talking across the blackbelt with large landowners and intensively managed properties. Before trapping was cool they went untouched for atleast a decade.
39 966 Read More
Yesterday at 05:11 PM
Take a minute when you get a chance PCP and watch this short 19 minute video......Maybe it will help the light bulb come on with the soil health stuff. I think if someone really wanted to maximize their turkey potential then this is how you would do it.

7 385 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 05:05 PM
Price reduced to $600
3 592 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
Yesterday at 05:03 PM
I could buy all those and save my Sanity of Dealing with a Bunch of Idiots at my Hunting Club
16 1,172 Read More
Yesterday at 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
You take away the corn and the coon numbers are still the same. The only reason somebody thinks the numbers are exploding is because they see them on camera at a feeder.

I agree with this. They’ve always been there, now you just see it. Coons went unchecked after Coon hunting became unpopular many moons ago. Who recreationally hunts coons in Alabama anymore?

You would be surprised. Lots of guys with coon dogs in my area. They let the dog tree and leash the dog. Very few kill the coon. Those guys manage coons the same way we manage deer. They feed them to concentrate and keep them healthy and some guys even worm them.
39 966 Read More
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

39 966 Read More
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
My experience is local and limited. Years ago litter was spread on a farm I hunt. Went from hearing 8-10 different gobblers on a good morning to none. Joined a club and didn't kill a turkey on that farm for 5 years. 2 years ago spread again. Didn't kill a turkey last year and that farm had zero birds. Haven't seen one on the farm this year either.

I think it is a biological weapon.
18 463 Read More
Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.