Aldeer.com

Cooper rifles in AL?

Posted By: Climber1

Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 09:13 AM

I have looking at Cooper rifles for several years now and I think 2015 is the year I'm going to make it happen. Are there any dealers in AL that carries a good line of their rifles?

I'm probably going with 7-08 but would like to look at a few. Coopers website is not up to date so I'm not sure who has any in stock in AL. I'm in Cullman but will travel south as needed.

Thanks!
Posted By: 270wsm

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 09:38 AM

McCoys in Mobile usually has a few in stock. However the best selections will be online at Cove Creek Outfitters, Hendershots, Gunbroker, etc. I was going to buy one a couple years ago but never could find the exact gun I wanted and when I called to place order the wait time was 12+ months. Instead I purchased a Sako Finnlight 308 which I really like but will be listing for sale on Feb 11th. It's a great gun but I want the 7mag in long action.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 10:20 AM

Let me know if you look at an Excalibur. I have considered one myself but the weight of the other models and the reported thickness of the Excalibur stock , especially at the wrist causes me hesitation.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 10:31 AM

I think these folks carry Cooper.

http://www.waltercraig.com/
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 04:02 PM

Walter Craig does but I'm unsure of anyone on your end of the state.

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 06:13 PM

Thanks guys. I'm definitely wanting the excalibur as my style of hunting would ugly up those pretty walnut stocks very quickly. I have a few kimbers and like them but have always wanted a cooper in a short action.
Cove Creek has a great selection but I really want to handle one in person before plunking down that kind of change.
Posted By: J_C

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 06:34 PM

Walter Craig's carries a dealers exclusive edition that they make for them.
I recommend checking it out or calling for info.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 06:39 PM

I saw one listed on GB and the weight for the bare rifle said 12lbs, is that correct?
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Reaper
I saw one listed on GB and the weight for the bare rifle said 12lbs, is that correct?

Must have been a target model but even some of the hunter models are about 8 lbs. The short action Excalibur is listed at 6.5 lbs.

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Originally Posted By: Reaper

Must have been a target model but even some of the hunter models are about 8 lbs. The short action Excalibur is listed at 6.5 lbs.

This was a SA Excalibur, 7/08 with 22in barrel.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=465320532

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 08:39 PM

Yea, the Excalibur is supposed to be right at 6.5lbs and I'm wondering if you could lighten it up a little. Although, with fluted barrel unless you put it in a lighter stock than the B&C, then I'm not sure what else you can do.

RH- I handled an Excalibur in 280AI and I did not notice the thicker grip being an issue; although, a few guys dont like them. I love how my Kimber 280AI stock feels and although the cooper was a tad heavier, I did not feel the grip ergonomics would be an issue.

Cooper is supposed to offer a lighter version of the excalibur this year in long action. It was just announced at the SHOT show.

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 08:47 PM

Thanks Reaper. That may not be a bad deal depending on the reserve. I'm really wanting the green stock with black webbing. Might step up to an olive cerakote by Cove Creek if I could find one.

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Climber1
Thanks Reaper. That may not be a bad deal depending on the reserve. I'm really wanting the green stock with black webbing. Might step up to an olive cerakote by Cove Creek if I could find one.

I think there were some on there with the green and black, not sure what calibers though.
Posted By: LinkJones

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 09:19 PM

Marks in bham has a few Coopers.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 10:20 PM

Pawn shop in attalla has em. I forget the name of it.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/01/15 10:21 PM

You may wanna call first though. They had 10-12 back around Christmas.
Posted By: 7387

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/19/15 02:40 AM

woods n water in Tuscaloosa usually keeps 10 or so coopers. last time I looked in there they had a beautiful 7-08 too
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Cooper rifles in AL? - 02/19/15 09:08 PM

I have a model 52 in 270 that is one of my favorite rifles!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM