Aldeer.com

Accupoint vs VX 5

Posted By: burbank

Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/03/24 02:18 PM

Anyone had or own both? What’s your verdict?
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/03/24 07:57 PM

IMO the Trijicon’s only advantage is the battery free illumination
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/03/24 08:30 PM

I have 2 accupoints. I can shoot later than legal light. They aren't a nightforce but are good scopes
Posted By: Thread Killer

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/03/24 08:36 PM

Not a Accupoint but I’m pretty impressed with my little 3-9x40 Huron. That glass is awesome and I was pickin out stuff my other scopes at 30 minutes after sundown off the back porch yesterday. Accupoint is definitely in the future.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/03/24 09:03 PM

Brother has some an Illuminated trijicon but I can’t remember what model, and a VX5 HD firedot. Of the two, I think the Leupold is better.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/04/24 01:50 AM

I have both. Leupold has a clearer image in my opinion but for the money, when on sale, the trijicon are real good
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/04/24 01:55 AM

The vx5 cost right at twice what an accupoint costs. It should be quite a bit better for the difference in price.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/04/24 04:29 PM

The scope my brother has is an Accupower 4-16x50, just found the box. They are discontinued. He got it on clearance a few years back for about $650
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/04/24 08:59 PM

These days? Give me the Trijicon. If I’m going to pay new Leupold $ these days, I’ll step up to Swaro, Zeiss, S&B, Meopta, etc. for better ‘value’. I own a lot of Leupold scopes, but they’re not the value for $ vs performance that they once were, plus they closed the custom shop and did away with some good hunting reticle options…..but that’s just my take lately.
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 02/05/24 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by ALMODUX
These days? Give me the Trijicon. If I’m going to pay new Leupold $ these days, I’ll step up to Swaro, Zeiss, S&B, Meopta, etc. for better ‘value’. I own a lot of Leupold scopes, but they’re not the value for $ vs performance that they once were, plus they closed the custom shop and did away with some good hunting reticle options…..but that’s just my take lately.

I have caught myself thinking lately that I don't like Leupold reticle options. I'm 8n the market for a VX5 or VX6, and I don't like the MOA or heavy posts on the duplex.
Posted By: Rebelman

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 03/02/24 11:07 AM

Sounds like you may like the firedot 4 fine
Posted By: burbank

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 03/02/24 02:23 PM

I ended up with both.

The edge in glass goes to the VX-5 (just around the edges). Eye box and eye relief are better on the VX-5 as well.

The reticle? My edge goes to the Accupoint. The post with the triangle is so intuitive and easy to aim with.

Bottom line, you can’t go wrong with either scope. iMO.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 03/03/24 01:28 PM

Dont ever try a meopta - you will see your missing a hole new world of clarity and light gathering - same for the other scopes almodux mentions
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Accupoint vs VX 5 - 03/03/24 04:37 PM

^^^^ the last new leupold I felt the $ was equal to the performance was the VX-R…..but it’s not worth what folks pay for them used these days.
I feel like glass coatings are finally reaching visual quality of the old, lead based stuff that went away years ago over societal lead terror…..but maybe I’m wrong. Don’t know, BUT the latest crop of ED/HD/UHD glass and coatings seems to be crazy good….regardless of COO. On Euro on Japanese glass, it’s very good and I’m more concerned with reticles, size, weight, repeatability, and durability, than milking low light performance…..they’re almost all better than anything seen in the last 25+ years.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM