Aldeer.com

Steyr Safebolts

Posted By: Thread Killer

Steyr Safebolts - 01/12/24 03:00 PM

Looking at a .270 in these. They want $899 for it and it’s wearing a 3-9x50 Bushnell Elite 3200 (Hubble telescope) #4 reticle. It’s stainless with a factory brake on it. Looking at doing some horse trading. I see these things shoot good across the board. It’s missing the sling swivels and they seem hard to find. Trussville AL is stamped on the barrel. Is the asking price kinda high?
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/12/24 03:52 PM

Really good rifles every single one I have shot was MOA and they sold them by the 100's around Birmingham. I have probably shot 25-30 over the years sighting them in or at the range. I have owned 2-3 I still have one.

Why they quit making those is beyond my comprehension they were selling every one they could get a price tag on for a few years then they just stopped making them. The only thing I can figure out is they probably didn't sell well overseas because they are pretty much a Tikka. 1 size action plastic stock with trigger guard molded in, etc. Folks that can only have 1-2 guns want something nicer.

I would like another one in 30-06 or 280 maybe 300 Win Mag. When I see one in good shape I plan on buying it but I haven't been looking. I haven't even been in a gun store in quite a while.

Probably a fair price with the scope if in good shape but maybe not a "deal". Others can chime in.
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/12/24 04:18 PM

The Steyr distributor had moved to Bessemer from Trussville I believe. I have one in 7mm-08; very accurate. The sling swivels will be hard to find, they are not your typical screw in type. Really the only thing I don't like about it is the bolt handle, wish it was round. I would say that 899.00 is a fair price with that scope. I would ask for a discount though since it doesn't have the sling swivels.

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/12/24 09:51 PM

👍
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/13/24 02:52 PM

have an sbs 96 in 270 with a 4200 elite. heavy, but very accurate and likes cheap ammo.

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/13/24 03:31 PM

I haven’t got to shoot this one yet but I can’t wait.
Posted By: slick_trick

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/13/24 11:17 PM

I have 3 Steyr rifles. Like mentioned above, they can be a tad heavier than you may be used to, but every one I’ve ever shot has been incredibly accurate. I have a .308 with the 20” barrel and it’s been with me everywhere. I’m a fan.

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/14/24 01:45 AM

Yea this thing feels like quality, love the 2 position magazine for feeding single rounds. A 20” 308 looks like it could knock some others out of the way on my want list. I like um.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/14/24 03:37 AM

Same gun as the Prohunter.
All I have messed with and owned shot great.
Don't let the stock get too hot. It will warp
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/15/24 03:35 PM

I love my Steyr 300 win. It doesn't win awards for looks, others are critical it isn't "normal" ergonomically, but the tell on these is the fact they are shooters, point terrifically, and have some unique features. One shot, tag him out, head for the skinning rack. I'll say this, if you buy it and don't like it, someone will be looking for that gun to buy it off you.
Posted By: deadeye

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/16/24 08:59 PM

I have a stainless wood stocked 20" mountain .308 distributed by Dynamit Noble with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 with the 4A reticle. I have killed many bucks with it and it is my go-to rifle. Very accurate rifle.

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/16/24 09:10 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BPI

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/16/24 09:26 PM

Sweet rig TK. Let us know how she shoots.
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Steyr Safebolts - 01/16/24 11:45 PM

Last I looked Palmetto Armory had them in n .308 for 650.00 All I could do to not buy 3. Excellent rifle
© 2024 ALDEER.COM