Aldeer.com

E-bike question

Posted By: doublefistful

E-bike question - 11/23/23 01:53 PM

Im currently in a club where i feel one of these would come in handy. I know nothing about them except like most things you can spend as much as you want on one. I know there is a point of diminishing return. I messed up and searched marketplace for one and now i see 20 ads a day from different manufacturers from $1200 to $6000. For those in the know, what are some brands to look at and things to consider when trying to decide. Thanks
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: E-bike question - 11/23/23 06:35 PM

would go mid drive vs a single hub motor (unless it’s dual drive). mid drive motors have a lot more torque/power.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: E-bike question - 11/23/23 07:07 PM

I bought a velotric and have been very pleased. We have some giant hills and it does the work.
Posted By: BC

Re: E-bike question - 11/27/23 05:49 PM

Buy you a decent mountain bike and put a Bafang BBHSD motor kit on it for about $1500. You will have a much better bike than paying some “manufacturer” like Rambo $5000 for a bike they bought from China for $700.

Re: E-bike question - 11/27/23 05:50 PM

Also like hunterturf said, stay away from hub drives. I mean unless you like decreased performance and broken chains.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: E-bike question - 11/28/23 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BC
Also like hunterturf said, stay away from hub drives. I mean unless you like decreased performance and broken chains.

Is the Rad Rover 6 Plus a hub drive?

Re: E-bike question - 11/28/23 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Okatuppa
Originally Posted by BC

Is the Rad Rover 6 Plus a hub drive?

Yes. The RR6+ is a 750 watt hub drive motor.

They are fine for biking around the neighborhood but you are going to find they are lacking when used for hunting.

Re: E-bike question - 11/28/23 10:12 AM

Hub Drive vs Mid Drive
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: E-bike question - 11/29/23 02:46 PM

thanks for this thread.

Re: E-bike question - 11/29/23 04:15 PM

You guys should watch this video in it's entirety before you spend thousands for a Rambo, Quiet Kat, etc. Essentially these "manufacturers" aren't really manufacturers at all.... they order these bikes from China for $600-$700 and when they arrive they upgrade the brakes and add plastics to the frame. Slap a few stickers on and boom..... $5-$8000 mid drive bike for sale.

I built mine and it took me 5 hours in my basement from unboxing to completion. If I did one today it would take me about an hour and a half since I know what I'm doing now. It's crazy easy to put one together on your own and you will have a better product than you are buying from those guys. The video below is what inspired me to make my own.

Posted By: doublefistful

Re: E-bike question - 11/29/23 06:01 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. I will start researching and learning so i can build my own. I didn’t realize that was even an option just knew the prices seemed crazy for what it was and with all the competitive advertising after one search i figured there was a fair amount of markup. Thanks again
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: E-bike question - 11/29/23 08:19 PM

alibaba or a website that is spelled very similarly has the “vanilla” versions for most manufacturers. you can order them off there but shipping time is 6-8 months and there are a lot of hoops to jump through
Posted By: Atoler

Re: E-bike question - 12/02/23 01:49 PM

I have a quietkat warrior 1000. It’s “ok”. I wish it had more torque.

If I bought another one right now, I’d either make my own or buy a stealth e-bike single speed.

Re: E-bike question - 12/06/23 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by doublefistful
Thanks for the replys guys. I will start researching and learning so i can build my own. I didn’t realize that was even an option just knew the prices seemed crazy for what it was and with all the competitive advertising after one search i figured there was a fair amount of markup. Thanks again

I just noticed I don't live far from you at all. If you decide you are going to build one I already have all the tools you will need and can help you whenever you get ready to put it together.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM