Aldeer.com

Defiance Sucks

Posted By: riflenut

Defiance Sucks - 05/03/23 12:10 AM

I had a custom rifle built with a Defiance action a couple years ago. I had issues with the bolt handle hitting the scope so I had to go with high rings. Back in December, I decided to build another custom and called Defiance because I wanted to use their anTi action. They assured me the bolt handle had been redesigned to give better scope clearance. Today I received the rifle from Isaac Gallagher and mounted the scope. Guess what? Can’t cycle the bolt with medium mounts. I’m sending the bolt back to him so he can remove some material from the bolt handle to give me a little additional clearance. At the price Defiance charges for their actions, it’s absolutely ridiculous to have these issues. I called them up this afternoon and let them know as much. I won’t buy another.

On a different note, Isaac knocked this one out of the park. I absolutely love everything about the look and feel of this rifle. Damn shame I can’t shoot it with a scope mounted.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/03/23 01:04 AM

Awwww nawww. That’s not the update I was hoping to read about with this build.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/03/23 10:33 AM

Was considering an anti ti for a future build. This is good info to have. Do you have any rifle pics and some info about it ? Would love to see it.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/04/23 03:28 PM

This is not an arguable point just and observation... I don't use any of those fancy actions. I have in the past and just had problems. Nothing crazy just annoying little things like this.

The good news is this.... Issac will know next time and offer a solution or better advice on the front end about the build. I knew John pretty well and I would say for him that he appreciates you using Issac. IMO he might be better than John was at some point... he is dam good at this. He does all my work which should tell you I think he is the best around our neck of the woods. I usually have something specific I am wanting done and it's always understood and spot on done correctly.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/04/23 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Was considering an anti ti for a future build. This is good info to have. Do you have any rifle pics and some info about it ? Would love to see it.

Defiance anTi
22" Proof lite sendero
AG Visigoth stock
Hawkins Precision oberndorf bottom metal
Wyatts extended mag box
TriggerTech
Midnight bronze cerakote
7mm-08
7.2 lbs scoped
[Linked Image]

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/04/23 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
This is not an arguable point just and observation... I don't use any of those fancy actions. I have in the past and just had problems. Nothing crazy just annoying little things like this.

The good news is this.... Issac will know next time and offer a solution or better advice on the front end about the build. I knew John pretty well and I would say for him that he appreciates you using Issac. IMO he might be better than John was at some point... he is dam good at this. He does all my work which should tell you I think he is the best around our neck of the woods. I usually have something specific I am wanting done and it's always understood and spot on done correctly.

I shipped the bolt back to Isaac today. He's going to remove some material from the bolt handle.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/04/23 09:13 PM

WOW ! Hate it about the bolt issues, but once you get it squared away this will be as close to a perfect whitetail rifle as you can find anywhere. Keep us updated when you fire it up.
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/08/23 11:35 PM

Only time I've ever heard anything negative about defiance other than the recent price increase which will probably hurt them bad with several new actions coming out here very recently
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/09/23 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
Only time I've ever heard anything negative about defiance other than the recent price increase which will probably hurt them bad with several new actions coming out here very recently

I have no first hand experience with them or their competitors but I’ve heard of 10+month wait times on the AnTix action
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/09/23 03:27 AM

Defiance Machine was recently sold to the same azzhole who bought Mcmillan stocks.

I don't see this as a good thing. They have cut back on the variety of stocks available from McM and I expect the same from Defiance.

There are numerous options on the market for custom actions today.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/12/23 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

Man you have to be more full of crap than anyone I've ever heard.lets see your Issac builds Mr. Savage I call your bluff.non stop playing off what everyone else says .quit lying

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/12/23 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman

I have no first hand experience with them or their competitors but I’ve heard of 10+month wait times on the AnTix action

There's tons of new actions out there.mac bros and origins seem to be the go to on the cheap.
The new aero actions look promising also
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/12/23 05:44 PM

The ARC CDG is currently the king of sub $1K actions. Nothing else comes close feature wise but you’ll have to wait to get one.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/14/23 12:13 AM

I got the bolt back from Isaac today, looks fantastic, the guy is an artist. He removed about .060” from the bolt handle and it functions flawlessly now.
Posted By: Cynical

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/22/23 02:23 PM

Buy an Impact next time if you still want 90 degree throw. It's more expensive than ARC's coup de gras, but there's also about 5000% more of them in the world if you need parts.

I didn't have the same issue with Defiance's Deviant action, fyi.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/22/23 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by riflenut
I got the bolt back from Isaac today, looks fantastic, the guy is an artist. He removed about .060” from the bolt handle and it functions flawlessly now.

Can't wait to hear how she shoots
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/22/23 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by riflenut

Can't wait to hear how she shoots

I was able to lay eyes on some of his targets. Mighty impressive. Like 3 shots in 1 hole impressive.

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/22/23 10:49 PM

Alright guys, I got her to the range this weekend. Very happy with the results. 10 different 3 shot groups, 5 with Nosler BTs and Varget in .5 gr intervals, 5 with Sierra GKs and Varget in .5 gr intervals. All were sub moa, with 8 being sub 3/4 moa. 6 were .688" or less. Not too shabby for early load development. Here's what she looks like scoped with a Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44:
[Linked Image]

Here's the test target Isaac sent with the rifle:
[Linked Image]

Here's my 1st 4 with the Sierras. If I'd a shot all 12 at the same target it probably would have held moa with 4 different powder charges.
[Linked Image]

Best group of the day was a close to max charge with Nosler BTs. They were a bit more erratic than the Sierras and overall didn't shoot as well but at .040" I'll definetely be loading more.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/23/23 11:39 AM

Looking forward to seeing what it'll do when you stretch it out beyond 100yds

Re: Defiance Sucks - 05/23/23 02:55 PM

Those are some impressive groupings you have there Riflenut. Very fine setup as well.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM