Aldeer.com

What would you buy?

Posted By: GomerPyle

What would you buy? - 07/23/20 06:47 PM

If you were going to buy a firearm with a $500-600 budget?...new or gently-used
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 06:59 PM

Glock 19 is what I "need" right now. Probably could get an AR15 pistol built for that cost.

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Glock 19 is what I "need" right now. Probably could get an AR15 pistol built for that cost.

That's actually one of my top possibilities, along with a .44 mag Marlin
Posted By: gundoc

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I had a Marlin in 44 Mag. Wish I'd kept it

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gundoc
Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I had a Marlin in 44 Mag. Wish I'd kept it

I killed my first deer with one. I'd love to get one and use it as an under-the-backseat "truck gun". Put one of those XS sight systems 11" rails on top with ghost ring irons, and toss a scope on when I wanted to hunt with it. That's actually probably in the lead right now, if I can find a decent one in the $500 range.

Setup something like this:

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BCLC

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 07:33 PM

down payment on a Turnbull color case hardened Ruger GP100

[Linked Image]
Posted By: willdo22

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 08:20 PM

I'd say G19 or G19x

Maybe a 41 if you could get it for $600
Posted By: Out back

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 08:31 PM

Henry 22 magnum.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 08:44 PM

Tikka T1x, if you are already prepared for the uncertain times.

If u don’t have an AR-15, then increase your budget and buy one now.

Re: What would you buy? - 07/23/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by buckhunter2
Tikka T1x, if you are already prepared for the uncertain times.

If u don’t have an AR-15, then increase your budget and buy one now.

Oh man.........I wish you hadn't shown me that. I have no need for it, but I kinda want it. of course then I'd have to drop the coin on a suppressor....b/c, well, that rifle is screaming for one
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 12:14 AM

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/lever-action-octagon-frontier-model/
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by BCLC
down payment on a Turnbull color case hardened Ruger GP100

[Linked Image]

Wow, wish I hadn't seen that. What to do now?
Posted By: Cynical

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 01:52 AM

Very, very unlikely.
Posted By: jb20

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 01:58 AM

Thats an open end question if ive ever heard one 😃...if I was on a budget I'd buy gently used but only prob not a used ar unless it was a deal...if I didn't have any guns I'd go with outback suggestion

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
Thats an open end question if ive ever heard one 😃

Yeah it is....just trying to see if there is anything I hadn’t thought of....like that Tikka above
Posted By: Geno

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 02:35 AM

I would put the money in an envelope well out of sight/mind/touch of friends and family and then make the decision when gun prices go back down to where they belong.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Geno
I would put the money in an envelope well out of sight/mind/touch of friends and family and then make the decision when gun prices go back down to where they belong.

What the man said. This is not the time to be gun shopping. Manufacturing is severely restricted, demand is very high, ammunition inventory is at rock bottom, and its not going to get better (or possibly will be much worse) until after the election.
Posted By: Out back

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by roadkill

What the man said. This is not the time to be gun shopping. Manufacturing is severely restricted, demand is very high, ammunition inventory is at rock bottom, and its not going to get better (or possibly will be much worse) until after the election.

Very true. This is the time to be ammo shopping, for the guns you already have. You can't have too much ammo.
Posted By: Dog

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 11:39 AM

I agree with the suggestion to buy ammo if you can find any. I run the ammunition department for a sporting goods store. This is a serious shortage. All retail stores are low on inventory, distribution centers are sold out, and manufacturing facilities are back ordered over a year out. Heard of one that’s stopped taking orders as they are currently sitting on over two years of back orders. I don’t expect things to get better until possibly next spring if then. I suggest everyone purchase what ammo you need for next season and stock up on defense ammo ASAP.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 04:44 PM

something that shoots fast, holds a lot of ammo and scares somebody at the sight of it.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 07:45 PM

I have been eyeing the Taurus circuit judge
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 10:11 PM

Twenty post, and nobody has mentioned the obvious $500 purchase; hookers and blow.
Posted By: city_boy

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 11:10 PM

A lot depends of course on what you want or need. If it's more of a strategic purchase I'd suggest buying something related to what will be restricted or banned soon. You will most likely have future opportunities to purchase lever guns or revolvers legally since they aren't so scary to the idiots. That said, it's your dime and you should buy what makes you happy.

Re: What would you buy? - 07/24/20 11:23 PM

On second thought....I’d put that $500 towards dirt road driving lessons grin
popcorn

Hurry up and buy something so we can drool over the new addition to the family

Re: What would you buy? - 07/25/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by BCLC
On second thought....I’d put that $500 towards dirt road driving lessons grin

[Linked Image]

Re: What would you buy? - 07/25/20 12:51 AM

rofl
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: What would you buy? - 07/25/20 01:48 AM

Build another ar....because when I start building weapon furniture and gun slideouts in my walls....I will need more thingys to put in my thingys....oh my...mmmmmmm...more guns.....yes
Posted By: dave260rem!

Re: What would you buy? - 07/25/20 02:30 AM

Not another Dave260 buy a Dillon/Hornady/RCBS loading machine...It still ain't a bad idea to have ammo making at your fingertips.
I'd look into the Ruger charger that 22plinkster on youtube has setup binary trigger optic 25 round magazines. No it ain't a methyl ethyl deathmaker at 1000 yards but I'd bet a mob would lose desire in hurting you about round#2. Y'all that have wives&kids might need all hands on deck and a hit from a 22 is better than a loud miss.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: What would you buy? - 07/25/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by roadkill

Very true. This is the time to be ammo shopping, for the guns you already have. You can't have too much ammo.

If you don't have more than you'll ever need right now, your not prepared for the times we live in.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM