Aldeer.com

Christensen Arms

Posted By: mauvilla

Christensen Arms - 07/22/19 05:18 AM

Found a good deal on a Ridgeline , one of the best handling guns I’ve messed with. Anyone have any experience with them?
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/22/19 11:13 AM

Shot mine for the first time last Friday. Going to have to work with it a little. Shot about 1.5 MOA, but I think it was my shooting and not the gun. I carried three to the range and had only signed up for an hour. I was in too big of a hurry. I’ve got the 6.5 PRC.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/22/19 11:30 AM

Fit and finish is excellent. Mine shot a little larger group than I like, but nothing ridiculous. Most went into 1.25-1.5". I believe that it is related to precise chamber dimensions vs a mass produced rifle, as the Nosler ammo that shot well in my Kimber was a little hard to close the bolt on in the Christensen.

Custom loads are being developed for it now, with brass fire formed to that rifle. If yours is a standard caliber instead of an Ackley chambering like mine, you should be fine.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/22/19 12:07 PM

I've shot two. One classic carbon in 300 wsm and one Ridgeline in 26 nosler. Both shot sub moa at 200 yds.

They are expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. They are obviously geared to the mountain hunter but the AL deer won't know that.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 01:27 AM

Never picked one up but I know the guys at Simmons don't have a very high opinion of them. they look cool though.

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by lectrode
Never picked one up but I know the guys at Simmons don't have a very high opinion of them. they look cool though.

What was their complaint
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 02:16 AM

What I hear is some drive tacks and some don't and if they don't they are jerks in customer service. Bout the same as most.
Posted By: James

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
What I hear is some drive tacks and some don't and if they don't they are jerks in customer service. Bout the same as most.

I've heard some good things, now i have read a few reviews about their CS not being worth a damn, that's kinda discouraging
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by mauvilla
[quote=lectrode]Never picked one up but I know the guys at Simmons don't have a very high opinion of them. they look cool though.

What was their complaint[/quot
Just said they had more complaints on them than any other brand.. Didnt really give a specific reason and I wasn't really looking for one so I didn't ask
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 03:51 AM

I own 2 of them and I’ve been extremely satisfied with them. I bought them at Simmons and they tried talking me out of them. I’m glad they didn’t. I shoot Barnes factory ammo and both shoot MOA out to 500. That’s about as far as I’ve shot them though.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 04:06 AM

What was their complaint

The one I'm familiar with in particular either had the scope base holes drilled out of line or the barrel was not straight in the receiver.

We swapped multiple sets and types of base/ ring combos and 3 different scopes and ran out of wind age trying to boresight it every time
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 10:21 AM

[quote=lectrode]Never picked one up but I know the guys at Simmons don't have a very high opinion of them. they look cool though.

What was their complaint[/quot
Just said they had more complaints on them than any other brand.. Didnt really give a specific reason and I wasn't really looking for one so I didn't ask

They've told me the accuracy is hit or miss and when its a miss the CS isn't good. They've had several of them brought back in because they wouldn't shoot worth a damn, especially for a rifle in that price range.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 11:02 AM

I have seen rifles from Montana, Remington, Savage, Ruger, and Winchester with the scope holes drilled out of square with the receiver. If someone tells me they are out of windage, that's the first thing I check.

Not sure how they get out of the factory, but they occasionally do.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 01:30 PM

I am going to get the same gun for an elk rifle at some point, but Christensen, Kimber, Montana Rifle, etc.

Some shoot great some not so much but hey.... it ain't a Weatherby so what do you expect?

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by UncleHuck

I have seen rifles from Montana, Remington, Savage, Ruger, and Winchester with the scope holes drilled out of square with the receiver. If someone tells me they are out of windage, that's the first thing I check.

Not sure how they get out of the factory, but they occasionally do.

I've seen a Weatherby done this way also. First tried Talley mounts and ran out of windage adjustment trying to sight it in. Closest I could get was 2" right of target and had to switch to windage adjustable mounts.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 03:27 PM

I believe it’s pretty much any rifle out there these days. I grew up a browning guy. The last 2 x bolts I’ve had wouldn’t shoot worth a crap. With mass production like it is it’s bound to happen with all manufacturers unfortunately

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 04:08 PM

Y'all just need to get a couple three Ruger American's each and be done with it. You'll be able to out shoot a Tikka Fanboy 8 days a week.

What more do you need? Besides maybe a stock without sharp enough to cut your finger edges..... eek

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/23/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Y'all just need to get a couple three Ruger American's each and be done with it. You'll be able to out shoot a Tikka Fanboy 8 days a week.

What more do you need? Besides maybe a stock without sharp enough to cut your finger edges..... eek

I know the Ruger American rifles are accurate and a great value. BUT they look cheap, they feel cheap and they have very little appeal to me. Savage rifles have always had a good reputation for accuracy, but I ain't buying one cause they're so damn fugly.
Posted By: bud334

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/24/19 02:41 AM

I just picked up a ridgeline this evening in 6.5 creed with the 20” barrel in green and tan. I will say handling it makes me feel like it’s the best of all worlds for a hunting rifle.

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/24/19 02:04 PM

In all seriousness I saw a Ruger American in one of those Bell and Carlson Stocks they came out with...... and I don't know how it shot after swapping but it looked about 1,000 times better. Ruger is going to have to do something about that stock.... what a insanely accurate POS stock that is. All they have to do is round a few edges in the mold... I mean dam. I've got one American and the stock around the trigger guard would cut your finger until I filed it down a little. Rifle will shoot under MOA easily.

Remington needs to poach some of Ruger's management. They so good at making less expensive guns they have about put everyone else out of business. In the race to the bottom.... Ruger is #1 without a doubt.

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/25/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

In all seriousness I saw a Ruger American in one of those Bell and Carlson Stocks they came out with...... and I don't know how it shot after swapping but it looked about 1,000 times better. Ruger is going to have to do something about that stock.... what a insanely accurate POS stock that is. All they have to do is round a few edges in the mold... I mean dam. I've got one American and the stock around the trigger guard would cut your finger until I filed it down a little. Rifle will shoot under MOA easily.

Remington needs to poach some of Ruger's management. They so good at making less expensive guns they have about put everyone else out of business. In the race to the bottom.... Ruger is #1 without a doubt.

Ruger probably has less than $10 in t by at stock so that's how they can sell them so cheap. Life's too short to hunt with a gun that feels like cheap Tupperware when you shoulder it. As I turn into an old fart, I'm drawn more to traditional bolt actions like the Model 70. I picked up another one at the gun show last weekend, a M70 featherweight in 7mm WSM. Has very nice wood with nice grain and some fiddleback, plus it's in a not so common chambering, which I like.

It will need a bedding job to see if it has accuracy potential. I have always like the featherweight stocks, the shoulder just right for me and I like the slender foreend.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/25/19 03:24 AM

Nice snag!
Posted By: RAmerica

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/27/19 12:54 AM

I have a Mesa in 6.5 CM good shooting gun, about to pick up a Mesa bronze in 6.5prc would like to have a Ridgeline in 28 Nosler,you see some people have bad reviews of the guns, but so far so go on the one I own,also have two Bergara Ridges (300 win mag and 6.5 CM) both also good good shooting guns, and I’ve seen some bad reviews by some on those guns also! My message to you, it’s your money, go buy what makes you happy!!

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/28/19 05:09 AM

It got to the shop today, they called and said it’s in of course after I’ve been at the pool all partaking in adult beverages . Will pick it up Monday and hopefully shoot it next weekend
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Christensen Arms - 07/28/19 01:55 PM

Good luck and please let us know how it shoots.

You can't put much stock in a few bad reviews. Half the hunters I see at the range can't shoot for crap anyway,and the other half can't use a torque wrench.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Christensen Arms - 08/05/19 03:55 AM

Mauvilla, any range time yet?

Re: Christensen Arms - 08/08/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
Mauvilla, any range time yet?

No not yet I wish, it rained all day Saturday got a scope mounted and bore sighted hopefully soon

Re: Christensen Arms - 09/15/19 12:07 PM

Finally got out to shoot yesterday, screwed up and didn’t bore sight it before I went. Needless to say I shot it a lot more than I intended on. I’m very impressed with it , has a sweet trigger, doesn’t kick hardly at all, so far I’m
Also super pleased with the accuracy.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Christensen Arms - 09/16/19 10:50 PM

Nice rifles!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM