Aldeer.com

Marlin Model 60 22lr

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/25/19 05:03 PM

Anybody bought a new one in the last few years? Tell me the good and bad of them.

Thanks
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/25/19 08:14 PM

Not in the last few years but about 10 years ago I bought each of my older sons one. Both have been very reliable and accurate enough.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/25/19 08:43 PM

I've had two one worked perfect the other jammed ever other shot . Gonna get a lemon ever now and then .
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/26/19 01:34 AM

Since Marlin was sold, I wouldn't bother. There are plenty of old ones out there for good prices. If you need a new, auto 22 then the Ruger is the clear winner.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/26/19 02:17 AM

I bough one a Wal Mart about 5-6 years ago. It’s a shooter.
Posted By: blade

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/26/19 08:53 PM

Brad, no experience with the new ones after the sale, but if you see a good used one from 70 or 80s, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it for a truck gun. I have the 75c model with the “squirrel stock” from about 1977 that is still a shooter.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/26/19 11:52 PM

new ones i cant speak for but the model 60 is my most carried long gun. Its with me most yr round. You can find the older ones used for $65-100 with a little looking. I bought 2 off of gunbroker from local guys both SS, one looked brand new for $99 and the other was 75.

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 01:33 AM

I guess I'll give a new one a try before long.
Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 03:12 AM

I got a new one in today for a little work. Nothing wrong with the gun though...After a quick once over, it seems to be as well made as any of the older ones I've seen...You won't have to install a feed throat conversion on a new one either, like you would if buying one too old.

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by gundoc
I got a new one in today for a little work. Nothing wrong with the gun though...After a quick once over, it seems to be as well made as any of the older ones I've seen...You won't have to install a feed throat conversion on a new one either, like you would if buying one too old.

That's good to hear.

Thanks for the info, Wes.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 04:50 PM

Bought one last year and the quality has went south, no blueing, plastic trigger guard, but other than that it shoots ok. A used Remington speedmaster would be my first choice if I was wanting a tube fed gun.

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Reloader79
Bought one last year and the quality has went south, no blueing, plastic trigger guard, but other than that it shoots ok. A used Remington speedmaster would be my first choice if I was wanting a tube fed gun.

I don't think I have ever seen a trigger guard for a Marlin or Glenfield model 60 that wasn't plastic

I can't saying anything bad about the bluing on the old or new ones. They one I have now looks good other than the receiver which is painted just as they have always been.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/27/19 09:53 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a trigger guard for a Marlin or Glenfield model 60 that wasn't plastic

I can't saying anything bad about the bluing on the old or new ones. They one I have now looks good other than the receiver which is painted just as they have always been.

Doc, the one I bought has a dull matte finish, not a higher luster blueing like the older ones, I pretty sure the older ones (80’s) models were aluminum trigger guards. Nonetheless it functions fine.

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/28/19 12:25 AM

Doc, the one I bought has a dull matte finish, not a higher luster blueing like the older ones, I pretty sure the older ones (80’s) models were aluminum trigger guards. Nonetheless it functions fine.

Not arguing with you, just relating my experience as I'm sure you are yours.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 05/29/19 03:10 AM

The bad....it ain’t a Ruger 10/22

The good...it ain’t a Rem 597
Posted By: globe

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/04/19 08:15 PM

I have a couple of older ones, long and short models. They both shoot all day long, and I like the tube feed. Of course I have a bunch of 10/22’s also........

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/07/19 12:56 AM

I finally bought it. I’ve only shot it a few times, but it seems to be very accurate. I killed 2 ground hogs this afternoon with it. I’m liking it so far.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/19/19 12:46 PM

Bought a newer used one last year and it’s been a shooter for me.
Posted By: One Leg Dan

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/20/19 12:56 PM

I'm searching for a new .22 to wage all holy hell on these damn squirrels and haven't seen anything "new" I like. Think I'm going to start hunting pawn shops for.something 20 years old or older that isn't as used and abused as the ones I own 😁
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/21/19 12:09 AM

I grew up with a Marlin 60 pointed at turtle heads. The only thing I don't like about tube fed rimfires is trying to clear jams and I can't just drop the magazine out. That said I have owned many as an adult and still enjoy them.

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 06/22/19 04:07 AM

Added another groundhog this afternoon. Currently, that's 3 shots, 3 groundhogs for my new Model 60.
Posted By: tradgear

Re: Marlin Model 60 22lr - 08/19/19 01:20 AM

I bought one a couple of months ago. Mine has nice blueing and is a good shooter. I put an old Tasco Pronghorn 4X on it. I didn't like how slick the stock was so I sanded the finish off of it and had a buddy do some fractal wood burning on it. I stained it golden pecan and gloss clear over that. It gave a new gun an instant cool factor. I have before and after pictures, just don't know how to post them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM