Aldeer.com

Savage Axis rifle opinions

Posted By: woodleyrd

Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/11/18 02:20 AM

What are the opinions on the Savage Axis rifle. Academy has them for $279.00 with $90 in rebate/GC.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/11/18 02:44 AM

From a design standpoint, they’re theoretically capable of more accuracy due to the tubular receiver. The builder crowd is into them for this. Not sure how good the stocks, triggers, and barrels really are, but some are getting good results. Look and feel like savages to me, so there’s that.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/11/18 03:36 AM

I have a youth model in .243 that I bought for my daughter several years ago. Was very surprised at the accuracy with off the shelf core loks. Didn't get it at Walmart so I paid a little more than that.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/11/18 02:53 PM

Very accurate guns. But you a good scope on it and enjoy!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/11/18 06:47 PM

I bought one in .270 from a guy that won it in a raffle for crazy cheap. Good shooting rifle.
Posted By: side meat

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/12/18 10:09 AM

I'd own if that's all I could afford. Other that that... It's just a cheap bottom of the barrel rifle. Doesn't mean it may not shot well, but there are better ways of killin critters.
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/12/18 09:56 PM

#1 complaint...didn't like the long bolt throw on mine as it hit my scope unless I babied it. Also very thin in the stock wrist and I have big hands. I like my T/C Compass more and was a little cheaper due to a rebate at the time of purchase.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/13/18 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by side meat
I'd own if that's all I could afford. Other that that... It's just a cheap bottom of the barrel rifle. Doesn't mean it may not shot well, but there are better ways of killin critters.

I'm with you buddy,like's too short to have ugly rifles or women. Now,if your ugly wife won't allow you any more money for a gun,then you just got to do what you got to do.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Savage Axis rifle opinions - 11/13/18 02:14 AM

Love the Axis Youth
Contrary to some snobbish comments here, there is nothing wrong with this gun.
It goes bang, kills deer and won't break the bank. Trigger may not be the best in the world, but that's about the only issue I've found.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM