Aldeer.com

Browning abolt boss

Posted By: jrs89

Browning abolt boss - 06/16/18 04:03 PM

I have a 7mag that I really love but hate the boss. Mainly the way it looks and makes it feel 8ft long. And it's louder then hell. I'm thinking of having it cut off and recrowned. Anyone had this done and experienced accuracy loss?
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Browning abolt boss - 06/16/18 11:37 PM

May change POI, but will not change accuracy of rifle.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Browning abolt boss - 06/18/18 08:45 PM

At one time Browning offered a threaded cap to replace the BOSS. I looked into that before I sold my A-Bolt that had it. Hated that gun.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Browning abolt boss - 06/18/18 09:10 PM

Call Browning and tell them you bought the gun before they were offered with the Boss CR and it's so loud you cant stand to shoot it. I called them when they first introduced the CR (conventional recoil is what it stands for) and they took down my address and serial number on my gun and sent me one for free. You can still tune the gun to different loads but will have normal recoil and normal DBs on the sound.
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Browning abolt boss - 06/19/18 12:35 AM

Plenty of BOSS CRs still floating around. A good cut and crown may improve accuracy.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Browning abolt boss - 06/19/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by jrs89
I have a 7mag that I really love but hate the boss. Mainly the way it looks and makes it feel 8ft long. And it's louder then hell. I'm thinking of having it cut off and recrowned. Anyone had this done and experienced accuracy loss?

Just like a muzzle brake it's loud. I like mine. Accurate as hell in 308.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM