Aldeer.com

Latest project

Posted By: Claims Rep.

Latest project - 08/11/15 12:13 AM

I've had this deer hunting hand-cannon for a while - Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .44MAG. Just got it topped with a Simmons 2.5x7x28 Gold Medal EER scope (made in Japan with Pentax glass). Should be real interesting to see what I can do with it at the range. Planning a trip towards the end of next week. I'll post a range report once I'm done.

Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 01:39 AM

Good looking deer killer!
Posted By: shooters

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 08:14 AM

Nice! Pentax has really nice glass from what I have looked threw thumbup
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BamaBart
Good looking deer killer!

What he said ^^
Posted By: collardncornbread

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 09:55 AM

You will be amazed.
Mine is almost exactly like yours.
Only mine is in. 41 mag.
people think I'm lying when I show them a 3" group on paper.from a sand bag at 100 yds.
Posted By: NorthernAlpine

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 12:01 PM

My uncle had one, man that thing slayed some deer. When I was a kid I was pretty sure that bad boy was a mile long...
Posted By: AC870

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 01:39 PM

I had one with a Leupold and sold it like a douche bag. Wish I had mine back. I didn't carry it like I should have. I'd tote it and a rifle. I think the whole point of handgun hunting is to not carry a rifle. I have a CVA .50 cal now and it's sweet. Gonna tote it a lot this year. It has swivels and you can tote with a sling. Had a big old shoulder holster when I had the 44.

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 02:20 PM

I plan to carry it in a backpack (which I always have with me when hunting), but will also have a rifle as well. If Mr. Big walks out at 225 yards I don't plan to use the 44 mag... And I sure don't want to let him go because I couldn't reach out and touch him. Given the chance though, I will use the 44 on him if he's close enough.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 02:38 PM

Nice thumbup
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 05:44 PM

Hey, when did you steal my Ruger? thumbup

I have one identical to it right down to the grips and scope. I'd think you will be quite pleased. Only thing I'd change about mine is I would like to have a good trigger job done on it. Otherwise it is amazing.

Enjoy, Illusion

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: just_an_illusion
Hey, when did you steal my Ruger? thumbup

I have one identical to it right down to the grips and scope. I'd think you will be quite pleased. Only thing I'd change about mine is I would like to have a good trigger job done on it. Otherwise it is amazing.

Enjoy, Illusion

grin I had a trigger job done on mine last week before the scope install. Went from a factory 6' 15" to 3' 2". VERY nice difference.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 09:00 PM

I remember shooting mine from a bench at 50 and having impressive groups. I might have even played with it at 100. Trying to get my CVA up to snuff at 50. I shoot great out to about 30 with it now. It's bowhunting with a gun essentially.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Latest project - 08/11/15 09:21 PM

Look Claims Rep, I don't have the money to be buying AR's and Ruger revolvers at the same time so would you kindly delete these pictures. smile

I passed up the opportunity to buy a nearly new Redhawk for $300 back in the early 90's and I have regretted it ever since. Back then $300 to me might as well have been $30,000.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM