Aldeer.com

Springfield xds 45

Posted By: johndeere5045

Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 08:15 PM

Anyone have one, how does it shoot and handle?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 08:18 PM

I have one and love it.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 08:24 PM

Buddy of mine just got one. I hope to shoot it next week. Howsvthe kick?
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 08:53 PM

Have one. Every day carry. Love it. Carries very well. I use a custom crossbreed style IWB holster most of the time, shirt tucked. Also carries well leisure in a Stickie holster.

Recoil is not bad at all for a 45. Much less than the Springfield Compact I once had. I shoot mine with my little finger under the short grip/mag. This is very natural for me, as it is the same grip I use on my big bore SA revolvers.

I do have to concentrate and work a tad harder to get good rapid fire grips, but it is a great gun for what it is designed for.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 10:10 PM

The felt recoil is less with my XDS 45 than my dad's LCP 380.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/22/15 11:41 PM

Had one and sold it. Put 500 rounds through it then had to send it back for the recall. Got it back from SA and immediately put 200 rounds through it and the feed ramp cracked. Sent it back again. Got a new barrel and put 50 rounds through it and all was good. Got rid of it. It was sad because I really liked the platform and it carried well but lost confidence in the gun.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: bambam32
Had one and sold it. Put 500 rounds through it then had to send it back for the recall. Got it back from SA and immediately put 200 rounds through it and the feed ramp cracked. Sent it back again. Got a new barrel and put 50 rounds through it and all was good. Got rid of it. It was sad because I really liked the platform and it carried well but lost confidence in the gun.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. You have to remember that they are mass produced and anything can be out of spec but the vast majority will be fine.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:41 AM

Thanks for the follow up RH Clark. I will definitely shoot this gun asap. I love the big bore with the small CC ability.
Posted By: shooters

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 10:51 AM

Have HAD 2 of them sold them both. 1 jammed a lot . AND BOTH were very inaccurate . Recoil was not bad. Felt like a brick. Overall 1 of the worst 45 caliber hand guns I have personally owned. I put them on par with Norinco. mad
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 12:52 PM

Got one and like it. Probably 1500 rds thru without a hiccup.
It has less recoil than my PF9.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 02:21 PM

I have a xdm and I love it. Can't speak for the xds but the guns in general are good guns
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: shooters
Have HAD 2 of them sold them both. 1 jammed a lot . AND BOTH were very inaccurate . Recoil was not bad. Felt like a brick. Overall 1 of the worst 45 caliber hand guns I have personally owned. I put them on par with Norinco. mad

Huh that's odd. Accuracy is often times as much operator as weapon. Every XDS I've owned or ran has been very accurate especially for a subcompact handgun.As a matter of fact for me it's the only pistol I've ever been able to shoot as well as a Glock 19 which is what I've always shot better than any other semi-auto. Excluding 1911's of course. Hard to match a well built 1911 with a poly gun as far as accuracy is concerned. Maybe the XDS just fit me really well and was ill fitting in your hands.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Huh that's odd. Accuracy is often times as much operator as weapon. Every XDS I've owned or ran has been very accurate especially for a subcompact handgun.As a matter of fact for me it's the only pistol I've ever been able to shoot as well as a Glock 19 which is what I've always shot better than any other semi-auto. Excluding 1911's of course. Hard to match a well built 1911 with a poly gun as far as accuracy is concerned. Maybe the XDS just fit me really well and was ill fitting in your hands.
I can tell you for a FACT that its not MY FAULT the XDS 45 I owned shot like crap! I probably shoot more pistol rounds than ANY 3 or 4 people on ALDEER combined! I have already shot at least 4 to 5k rounds of 9mm,45, and 22 pistols so far this year. I own H&Ks, Custom 45s, and many tricked out Glocks AND know how to shoot them well. Have 200 yards steel target ran in my back yard. SO = Accuraccy and operator crap DOES NOT apply to me, that being said. I THINK the XDS is a peice of crap!!!! thumbup
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

I can tell you for a FACT that its not MY FAULT the XDS 45 I owned shot like crap! I probably shoot more pistol rounds than ANY 3 or 4 people on ALDEER combined! I have already shot at least 4 to 5k rounds of 9mm,45, and 22 pistols so far this year. I own H&Ks, Custom 45s, and many tricked out Glocks AND know how to shoot them well. Have 200 yards steel target ran in my back yard. SO = Accuraccy and operator crap DOES NOT apply to me, that being said. I THINK the XDS is a peice of crap!!!! thumbup
I have always been reluctant to the Sprinfield XD's because of the Made in Croatia stamped on them but that is just me.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 06:43 PM

The 2 I had both also had HORRIBLE triggers ! 1 was tested at 5.8 lbs to other was 7.9 lbs. The 7.9 lb one I called = Jam-o-matic! I let 3 differnet people shoot it with 4 different ammos . ALL jammed. I took it to the pawn shop and got ride of them both!
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:06 PM

Can't comment of the accuracy or reliability but I like the size.

Folks may also want to look into a Glock 36 which I can attest to as a great carry gun and the kahr 45 which feels good to me but I haven't used.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:08 PM

My XDS 45 shoots better than my Glock 23.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:16 PM

I had a Springfeild Mil-Spec 1911 , I really liked it. BUT hated the XDS 45. So i dont dislike Springfeilds guns, just think that Springfeilds XDS is a dog turd! rofl
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Can't comment of the accuracy or reliability but I like the size.

Folks may also want to look into a Glock 36 which I can attest to as a great carry gun and the kahr 45 which feels good to me but I haven't used.
I would recommend looking at the Glock 30S. The 30S takes the best features of the Glock 30SF and the Glock 36. Capacity is 10+1. This gun is sub-compact .45 ACP is hard to beat.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 07:48 PM

The 2 I had both also had HORRIBLE triggers ! 1 was tested at 5.8 lbs to other was 7.9 lbs. The 7.9 lb one I called = Jam-o-matic! I let 3 differnet people shoot it with 4 different ammos . ALL jammed. I took it to the pawn shop and got ride of them both!

If you hated them so bad, why did you have two of them?

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS

Got them in a trade from a friend. He saw some guy shooting two XDS on a movie and wanted to try that I guess?? rofl I go threw guns like some people go threw socks! thumbup

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS

Got them in a trade from a friend. He saw some guy shooting two XDS on a movie and wanted to try that I guess?? rofl I go threw guns like some people go threw socks! thumbup

So, a friend knowingly sold you bad pistols? I would've traded that friend at the pawn shop.

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/23/15 09:00 PM

They were new in the box when I got them. I traded for cash and 2 pistols for a POF P-415 that I had traded for. I had about 500 dollars in both pistols , when all was said and done. DUMPED both pistols for 700 dollars, so in the end I made 200 dollars. Was alot of trouble cocindering how I had to put up with the = crappy jamming XDSs! grin
Posted By: XVIII

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/24/15 12:20 PM

Spend the extra and get the xdm 3.8 in 45 if wanting to stay with SA. I too found the xds lacking, although it in 9mm, in accuracy, etc.
Posted By: ultratec00

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/27/15 08:51 AM

I picked up an XDS45 last year when they were on sale at the LGS. It seemed like a well made firearm and quality appeared good. Definitely more compact than my smallest 1911 (Sig Ultra). Only modifications were to add a set of night sights ($80 installed) and Talon grip wrap.

First off, this isn't a "take to the range and shoot all day" firearm. Picking the right ammunition goes a long way. Standard velocity in the lighter bullet weights (185/200) tend to recoil less than the 230gr +P+ loads and are more manageable. I found a 185gr HP that cycles reliably, very manageable, and is accurate in either my XDS or Ultra. The XDS still bites a little, but not any more than other compact 45s.

What range time I have with the XDS has been pretty good. Couple bobbles early on during break in, but it is a very accurate little firearm. Accurate being I can keep 90% in a 4" circle @ 25 yards. 25 yards isn't the distance this type of firearm would be typically used at, but if can group @ 25, it is more than capable up close.
Posted By: dquick1

Re: Springfield xds 45 - 05/27/15 11:25 PM

Mine has been good. I haven't gotten to shot it as much as I would like. carries well.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM