Aldeer.com

Looking for a new gun

Posted By: 3toe

Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 12:58 AM

Ok, I need you turkey guys to keep your eyes open for this gun for me. I cannot find it anywhere online or local and I want one bad. I had a chance to buy one at Marks several yr's ago and like a dummy I passed thinking I would buy one later. I believe these sold in the $500's. I don't think Remington even makes these anymore. I guess I may need to call and make sure. I have always wanted a dedicated 20 ga turkey gun.

Off the old website

With the impressive performance of the newer 20 gauge magnum turkey loads, Remington now offers hunters the choice of a lower-recoiling, 20 gauge, 3-inch magnum shotgun – the Model 870 SPS-T Camo Shotgun. Combining the reliability of the time-honored Model 870 action with the durable features of Remington's Special Purpose shotguns, makes this pump action the ideal choice for the demands of turkey hunting.

The Model 870 SPS-T (Special Purpose Synthetic-Turkey) Camo shotgun features a weather-defying, synthetic stock and fore-end that is fully camouflaged with Mossy Oak’s New Break-Up® pattern. This lightweight 20 gauge pump action is capable of handling 3-inch magnum shotshells and has a 20-inch vent rib, Rem™ Choke barrel with Full choke included. Fit with the new R3™ Recoil Pad, designed by Sims Vibration Laboratory, the felt recoil of this lightweight Model 870 is significantly reduced. The camouflaged barrel is equipped with TruGlo™ light-gathering, fiber-optic rifle sights for ease of target alignment. Completing the package is a camouflaged, Cordura® nylon sling, swivels and studs.

Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 01:06 AM

I'll keep an eye out. You might call or check the website at larrys pistol and pawn in Huntsville.

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by YEKRUT:
I'll keep an eye out. You might call or check the website at larrys pistol and pawn in Huntsville.
Didn't see one. I seem to have a liking for guns that are no longer made or they are hard to find. My 12 ga go to turkey gun is a Winchester 1300 Short Turkey. Go find that one at your local store.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 03:37 AM

You could beat a hog over the head with that short gun.

laugh
Posted By: BC

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 11:09 AM

I'm trying to contact a buddy of mine in Ohio. He had one for sale about 2 years ago, and I don't know if he sold it or not.

If he didn't I will get you some contact info.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
You could beat a hog over the head with that short gun.

laugh
I was thinking the same thing beacuse he sure ain't going to be shooting a turkey with it.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 01:03 PM

What do you need another gun for? Hell, you didn't even squeeze the trigger last year! laugh
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 02:54 PM

Bud's Guns still shows it on their web site, but listed as out of stock.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/94989

Last one sold for $467. I'd give them a call; if there is a new one for sale anywhere, they'll know about it. Might could find you a used one too.
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SEMINOLES:
What do you need another gun for? Hell, you didn't even squeeze the trigger last year! laugh
Wow...that stuff right there stings a little. laugh

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkBAMA:
Quote:
Originally posted by SEMINOLES:
[b] What do you need another gun for? Hell, you didn't even squeeze the trigger last year! laugh
Wow...that stuff right there stings a little. laugh [/b]
Who are you laughing at? I would have gotten to pull the trigger if it wasn't for someone........nevermind. wink
Posted By: Bulls eye

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 3toe:
Quote:
[b] I'll keep an eye out. You might call or check the website at larrys pistol and pawn in Huntsville.
Didn't see one. I seem to have a liking for guns that are no longer made or they are hard to find. My 12 ga go to turkey gun is a Winchester 1300 Short Turkey. Go find that one at your local store. [/b]
I got that Winchester 1300 short turkey with the camo laminate stock and forearm. Only two birds I ever shot at with it I missed. It is now my home defense shotgun wink

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/17/10 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bulls eye:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I'll keep an eye out. You might call or check the website at larrys pistol and pawn in Huntsville.
Didn't see one. I seem to have a liking for guns that are no longer made or they are hard to find. My 12 ga go to turkey gun is a Winchester 1300 Short Turkey. Go find that one at your local store. [/b]
I got that Winchester 1300 short turkey with the camo laminate stock and forearm. Only two birds I ever shot at with it I missed. It is now my home defense shotgun wink [/b]
Really? You must be a bad shot. laugh
Posted By: deadeye

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/18/10 12:30 AM

Call or email Remington. Maybe they can tell you when they last manufactured that model and give you a big distributor's name. Then follow up and find who may have some in stock. That's a hard shotgun to find.

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/18/10 12:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
I got that Winchester 1300 short turkey with the camo laminate stock and forearm. Only two birds I ever shot at with it I missed. It is now my home defense shotgun wink [/b]
Everybody I have ever talked to that had one said it was a pos. Your the only person I know that has ever liked thiers. You must be a heck of a shot wink

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/18/10 01:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
Everybody I have ever talked to that had one said it was a pos. Your the only person I know that has ever liked thiers. You must be a heck of a shot wink

Actually I really do love it. It's like shooting a sawed off but that's what I like about it. I can carry it all day and not notice it. I shoot a Comp-N-Choke .655 and Winchester #6's and it will pattern and kill out to 40-50 yds with any of the others outside of maybe a Nitro setup. I have never missed a standing bird with it. Now missing one running or flying into the next county, thats a different story. I'll give you $100 for it so you don't have to look at that crappy gun anymore. Heck, I'm just down the road, I could even come pick it up. laugh

Re: Looking for a new gun - 06/18/10 02:49 AM

© 2024 ALDEER.COM