Aldeer.com

4/27 lftw

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:37 AM

I know I ain’t the only one out here. Kinda windy here in bullock.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:40 AM

First morning in Missouri with Gobble4me and some of other folks. For the record, ole Gobble4 talks
In his sleep.

Setup now in the backend of a cow pasture under some roosted birds. Gobble4 bout a mile down the road on a different property, rest of the group about an hour away on yet a different farm. Super excited

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
First morning in Missouri with Gobble4me and some of other folks. For the record, ole Gobble4 talks
In his sleep.

Setup now in the backend of a cow pasture under some roosted birds. Gobble4 bout a mile down the road on a different property, rest of the group about an hour away on yet a different farm. Super excited

Awesome!! I’m more jacked for y’all than I am for my hunt today. I ain’t got a lot of confidence right now. Good luck!! Keep us posted!
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:51 AM

I can hear one that sounds like he’s in the next county. Only one talking so far
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:59 AM

Silence here knew I should went to Oklahoma
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 12:03 PM

Got one gobbling his head off across the line. He’s close enough to fool with.

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 12:16 PM

Nuttin here. Not even on property around me.

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 12:56 PM

Had one come in silent and saw me move my gun for a shot. I think I’m gonna throw up

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:15 PM

Had one come in silent and saw me move my gun for a shot. I think I’m gonna throw up

Dang. So were u just blind calling and he crept in? Still nothing here. I’m gonna give it til 9-930. We got championship coach pitch game in wetumpka at noon.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:31 PM

Nothing talking this morning. Headed to rebuild flower beds.

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:34 PM

Finally some redemption. Dead at 8:20
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:42 PM

Not a sound this morning even though the owls were going nuts. Came across a hen around 8:00.
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:44 PM

Good luck today men and be safe. I’m sitting on the porch today drinking coffee. The last six days on the road chasing birds wore my tail out.
I’ll start again Monday
Posted By: TDog93

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:47 PM

Had a n invite to go to 1000 acer property - been gobbling all year there - my buddy killed several there this year!! Didnt hear squat 🤣🤣

I got to go to a tourney this morning - my kid dying to play in it amd i his partner. I never like getting in one in turkey season - but he wanted to play so we are. When i get back home i got just enough time to check traps. Tell my wife - i aint sat down to one in about 3 weeks - zip - said this will b morning he in there. I get out of truck at last trap - single hoot - cuts me off at maybe a 100. Clearly on me - i got to be at tourney in less than 30 min and there a couple of lay down trees in there where he at. I feel i can kill - but likely take a while. I get n truck so i can make tourney w boy 🤣🤣. All i know to do - i sit on him i aint leaving when he can see me get up amd leave. Not gone miss tourney i promised i play in - no need to try it!! So typical - maybe he be there n morning 🤣🤣
Sat down to about 4 diff ones this year - at least i called 3 of those in

Dang it man 🤣😀
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:53 PM

Got close. Needed him to take a few more steps. He was in the wide open timber and when he sat there strutting for 3-4 minutes without seeing the hen he just eased off putting every few steps. Dang turkeys.

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

Dang. So were u just blind calling and he crept in? Still nothing here. I’m gonna give it til 9-930. We got championship coach pitch game in wetumpka at noon.

I couldn’t really tell you for sure. There’s a ground blind out here that don’t have a chair in it, so I’m leaning up against a tree with the blind up against my right shoulder. I had stopped calling for several minutes and was sitting there contemplating what to do next and happened to lean forward and looked to my right and seen him standing there at like 50 yards on the other side of the blind looking at my decoys. I leaned back real slow and got the blind between us and got my gun up but he never came into the decoys. I peeked back around the blind sometime later and he was gone. I never heard him spook or fly off but I’m sure he saw me
Posted By: alhawk

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rolloverdave
Silence here knew I should went to Oklahoma

Hope you know where some tornado shelters are and your area will not be impacted. Forecast looks rough for the state.
Posted By: johnv

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 03:13 PM

Heard alot of gobbles just couldn't get close enough. Had a friend's son with me so atleast he got to hear abunch and see some hens.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 03:13 PM

They were hammering this morning
Posted By: hallb

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 03:45 PM

Same spot that had 5 or 6 hammering yesterday morning was dead this morning. Heard one gobble pretty far away.
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 04:24 PM

Heard 1 gobble on 1400 acres
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 05:58 PM

This one gobbled good til the wind picked up about 8:30. He never gobbled again after 8:30ish, but I had a good idea of where he was hanging out. That wind helped me to sneak in there and sure enough he was strutting with a hen. I finally pulled the trigger on him about 10:15

[Linked Image]

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 08:34 PM

When turkeys ain’t acting right, meaning not a gobble by 9am, I found something else to do on the lease.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 08:39 PM

Dang y’all must have not had the 30 mph winds this morning.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by ridgestalker

Rough one today buddy. I haven’t heard a thing all day.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by AUdeerhunter
This one gobbled good til the wind picked up about 8:30. He never gobbled again after 8:30ish, but I had a good idea of where he was hanging out. That wind helped me to sneak in there and sure enough he was strutting with a hen. I finally pulled the trigger on him about 10:15

[Linked Image]

Dang way to hang with em. Congratulations. Now tell us the story on your bottom land satchel you got there 🤣
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 09:54 PM

Not much of a story, really…I was tired of wearing a hot, heavy, uncomfortable turkey vest for all these years. I stumbled upon this Banded brand duck blind cooler/bag for 75% off retail price at my local sporting goods store. I bought it for around $18-20 and it’s great!!! I’ll probably never go back to a vest again

I’m sure you’re wondering about how I stay comfortable when sitting on the ground: I’ve always used a lightweight cushion for deer hunting in ladder stands, etc. and that cushion will clip around my waist or around a pack strap. I use that same cushion now with the “man purse” and I clip the strap around my belt
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

Rough one today buddy. I haven’t heard a thing all day.

I heard 2 gobbles around 11 had no idea what direction.

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/27/24 10:48 PM

The bird I killed this morning gobbled right on through it, probably 80 or so times. There was another bird that sounded like he was a mile away that gobbled every breath from daylight till we left around 9.
Posted By: johnv

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/28/24 12:06 AM

Got permission on alot of land for in the morning. Deal was only kids are aloud to do the shooting
Posted By: TDog93

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/28/24 12:30 AM

^^
Good luck john
Congrats AU

Boy hit a hole in one today - glad i made the tourney 😀

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/28/24 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by johnv
Got permission on alot of land for in the morning. Deal was only kids are aloud to do the shooting

Aren’t we all kids at heart?! 😁
Posted By: Jotjackson

Re: 4/27 lftw - 04/29/24 02:27 AM

I set up about 100 yards from the roost. Tree yelped very softly, he responded. I shut up, he flew down 10 minutes later. Two set of three yelps and he came in like he was on a string. I literally shot him at 5 yards. I have never shot one that close…you can imagine what the results were. 19 lbs, 8 “ beard. No head-no pictures. He never even flopped.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM