Aldeer.com

What are your lease turkey hunting rules??

Posted By: wareagle22

What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 08:07 PM

As of now, our only rule is no guests during turkey season. I’m wanting to hear what other clubs are doing with regards to signing out blocks or specified areas. Anything pertaining to turkey hunting really. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 08:15 PM

Be safe. Don't drink too much and turkey hunt at the same time, no women at camp

Not that I drink alot or anything but that really is one of the rules.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 08:21 PM

No guest
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 09:08 PM

One bird, if guest kills that’s your bird.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 09:38 PM

That would vary widely from club to club based on acres and number of members.
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/12/24 09:58 PM

One of my places it u sign out for a block. Guest fees $20 a day that’s it other two nobody hunts besides me
Posted By: TDog93

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 12:55 AM

If you allow guests - he has to sit with you - he dont get to sign out his own area like a member

Seen this in several clubs - no signing in before 4:00 am (idiots will come out the night before and try to fool folks and sign out night before - seen that in several clubs - losers). You hav to hav several stupid rules if you hunt with selfish people
Posted By: oldbowhunter

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 01:28 AM

I’m in a lease with a friend. We hunt together.

No guests.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 12:53 PM

Guests must be approved. Sign out blocks, Max of 2. Send pics of all kills to prez.
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 01:06 PM

No turkey hunting. Unless you’re with me.😎
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 08:17 PM

Our club has about 23 sections over 7000 acres. You pin out and must stay in that area. Easy to stay in your area as they are bordered by roads, powerlines, clear cuts, creeks, property lines, ect.. We have a good club and folks do follow the rules. Another club I know about is 2500 acres with 4 hunters. Usually they just text each other and say where they are. It’s rare that all 4 are there at same time. You are allowed to kill 2 birds and a guest bird counts toward your 2.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 09:08 PM

Nobody hunts them but me!!!! Awe heck, I ain’t even hunted them this season yet. No rules because only 2 of us hunt them and we suck at it so most time no turkeys are harmed in our adventures.
Posted By: low wall

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/13/24 09:20 PM

Chute 'em! Given our record so far this year, nobody appears to be following the rule.
Posted By: Bankheadhunter

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/20/24 10:25 PM

I'm so glad I hunt public.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/25/24 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bankheadhunter
I'm so glad I hunt public.

Yes, public can be just as good or better. Hunted public land for many years and still may venture. But it sure does not compare to a great lease with just yourself or some good people in that lease with you.

Of course owning my own piece of dirt and managing that property is a dream for me. Working to make that true for me and my children one day.
Posted By: Wade

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/25/24 08:16 PM

Separate map for turkey hunting sign out. Block are a few hundred acres and separated by good geographic features such as roads, creeks, etc. Guest must hunt in the same block you sign out. No jakes. Sign out after 4:30 a.m.

If you are making rules, you need to consider cell cameras. We've got people seeing turkeys on cell cameras and running out in the middle of the day and hunting them.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/25/24 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Guests must be approved. Sign out blocks, Max of 2. Send pics of all kills to prez.

I'm curious and not being a smart butt, why do you have to send a pic of each kill to the club prez?
Posted By: BentBarrel

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/26/24 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pwyse

I'm curious and not being a smart butt, why do you have to send a pic of each kill to the club prez?

Because some people are challenged in the area of arithmetic..
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/26/24 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by BentBarrel
Originally Posted by Pwyse

Because some people are challenged in the area of truthfulness..
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: What are your lease turkey hunting rules?? - 04/26/24 09:02 PM

Don’t kill all the gobblers got to have breeders.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM