Aldeer.com

Crickets

Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Crickets - 04/03/24 11:22 AM

Y’all see where the director of the Mississippi dept of wildlife got busted for hunting over a field baited with crickets?
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 11:28 AM

https://www.supertalk.fm/wildlife-c...egedly-baiting-turkeys-in-holmes-county/

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/mississippi-wildlife-commissioner-cited-turkeys-bait/
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 12:09 PM

Buddy just sent this. What in the cornbread hell???
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 12:24 PM

how many crickets we talking about …….
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 12:28 PM

We finally found out who wild bill is 😂 must be a good sanctuary
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
We finally found out who wild bill is 😂 must be a good sanctuary

😂😂
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 01:03 PM

Comes right before the vote the confirm him in MS senate…interesting timing
Posted By: sj22

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 01:11 PM

My goodness
Posted By: sw1002

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 01:24 PM

Sounds like a political witch hunt to me
Posted By: hyco

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 01:32 PM

Can you be in possession of crickets if you got a fishin pole in the truck? Askin for a friend
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 02:07 PM

Just how many crickets does it take to bait a 500 acre plot. A million? More? Sounds like a load of bullchit to me
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 02:25 PM

Think about it like this.... If you are going to the trouble of baiting a field with some dern crickets..... they should write you a ticket for being the worst turkey hunter to ever pick up a shotgun. That's fact. I mean really.......
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 02:56 PM

it was a frame job
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
Y’all see where the director of the Mississippi dept of wildlife got busted for hunting over a field baited with crickets?

Incorrect. Our director is Mr. Lynn Posey who is a good man. This is one of the Commissioners who "set the rules" for hunting. This is also one of the commissioners who ignored the recommendation of our biologists and made baiting legal for deer. It's past time to have some qualifications for rule makers. One such would be to have a biological background and not some "good ole boy" who has connections with the governor who appoints these positions.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey Petter
Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe

Incorrect. Our director is Mr. Lynn Posey who is a good man. This is one of the Commissioners who "set the rules" for hunting. This is also one of the commissioners who ignored the recommendation of our biologists and made baiting legal for deer. It's past time to have some qualifications for rule makers. One such would be to have a biological background and not some "good ole boy" who has connections with the governor who appoints these positions.

My mistake, thanks for the correction.
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:18 PM

No problem. The entire fiasco makes this state look really good. May God Bless the wardens who have to protect this resource (wild turkey) and make people do right.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:35 PM

Those crickets must have been free range in the big pen.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:46 PM

it was a great idea just dumb for getting caught
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 03:54 PM

Any contact info on where you buy the crickets? Need to remember not to buy from them..

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 04:30 PM

Isn’t a wild Turkey a Federal Bird? If so will the charges be stiffer?
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 05:30 PM

I drop them from my drone while I'm roosting birds in the afternoon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BC

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Paint Rock 00

No

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BC
Originally Posted by Paint Rock 00

No

Thanks

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 05:38 PM

Wonder a crickets rate and distance of travel…
Posted By: CNC

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 05:53 PM

Looks like that would be kinda hard to prove unless they just got caught in the act of putting them out

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 06:11 PM

Only thing I think. Someone ratted on him.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
it was a frame job

I think Bill is right. He said he checked the feeders and they were empty. How could you possibly check for crickets, and how many crickets would it take to actually draw turkeys? I'm not sure it would ever be possible.

I thought it was an April Fools joke when I first read it. Seems likely to me someone is out to get him

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 08:15 PM

I was told a turkey could hear a tube of crickets at night from the roost a mile away. Their ears are specially tuned to that frequency or something

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
I was told a turkey could hear a tube of crickets at night from the roost a mile away. Their ears are specially tuned to that frequency or something

How could they tell the difference in all the other crickets between the tube and them in a mile… I agree they do have a very awesome gps system built into that little head and can hear really well… but that’s a little far fetched to me.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

Now that the word is out, how bad will this inflate prices? I am thinking about selling DG stock and putting that towards Zoo Med's or Flukers cricket farm. What's a good company that makes cricket tubes?

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

And if he’s feeding those zoo meds the turkey ain’t gonna hear a chirp cause those ain’t breathing!
Posted By: Bankheadhunter

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

You mean you don't know facts on this? Do some charts.

Re: Crickets - 04/03/24 10:49 PM

All I know is……you can dang sure hear that kinda stuff at night, especially from 40-50 ft up in a tree.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM