Aldeer.com

Lftw 3/30

Posted By: Gobble4me757

Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:02 AM

Dad and I are rollin to another property this am on lake Martin. Hope they are gobbling good like yesterday. Good luck today gentlemen
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:22 AM

First turkey hunt since the 2022 season... let's see if I remember how to do this. Good luck men.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:27 AM

Present good luck fellas
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:28 AM

One more cup of coffee and then we’ll start walking.

Good luck, folks
Posted By: Parker243

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:33 AM

First daylight hunt of the season for me. Only been able to go mid morning and afternoons so far. Sipping coffee in the the truck and about to walk in. I better make sure I have plenty of toilet paper.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:45 AM

At the club. Sitting in ranger listening to a Chuck’s will widow make its calls. Really cool little birds. Hoping he’s not the only kind of bird I hear today! Good luck y’all!
Posted By: kyles

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:03 PM

Dead here in Jackson County
Posted By: sj22

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:05 PM

Little man just had a show on his first morning hunt! I had him in my lap and we had one come right in and was probably too close but he tried and missed! It was still an awesome hunt and hopefully he’ll have many more opportunities

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:14 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:22 PM

Dangit that stinks sj! Heard someone shoot 3 times so hope it wasn’t y’all down here lol
Posted By: Semo

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:27 PM

Here in Illinois for the 1st day of youth. Came to my honey hole on the NF and it is quiet.
Posted By: ShaftOne

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:29 PM

One faint gobble this morning, and that’s it so far. Woods seemed to kind of die just after 7:00 here.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:43 PM

Every bird in the woods is hollering here, except turkeys. I know there was a gobbler roosted close to here but not a peep.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 12:50 PM

Strangely quiet here this morning.
Even the tweety birds and crows got started late.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sj22
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good times right there
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 01:19 PM

I know he’s probably disappointed sj, but ain’t a doubt in my mind he’s gonna be a threat one day! Good stuff
Posted By: fillmore

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:10 PM

Had 3 inside 20 but on the wrong side of the property line. Switched to another part of the property and hoping my honesty and karma pays me back

Gobbled good here early
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:18 PM

Unbelievable morning for us on the youth opener in Winston County!!! Emory killed his first longbeard!!!

We didn’t hear any gobbles on the limb, so we went ahead and settled in our blind about 6:30. I had a hen and Jake decoy at 15 yards…About 6:45, I gave some yelps on the Fatal Attraxion glass call and a gobbler answered a long way off to the West. Crows moved in on the gobbler and got him fired up within a couple of minutes and he was hammering at the crows. I gave one more series of yelps about 6-8 minutes after the first time he answered me and two turkeys together cut me off. About 7:00, a lone hen eased out into the foodplot from the North and came right up to the decoys. We hadn’t heard from the gobblers in about 10 minutes, so I figured they were coming. They seemed too hot to just stop gobbling out of the blue!! Sure enough, three longbeards with a hen in tow entered the field about 125 yards West of us as the lone hen was standing at 20 yards. The gobblers strutted up to 50 yards, then ran to the decoys. Emory hammered one of the strutters after they had whipped my Jake decoy!! It was like something you’d see on tv lol. We had to sit tight for almost 25 minutes before the turkeys all finally left the field together.

[Linked Image]

Video after the shot:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZgMlIKu.mp4[/img]

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Dangit that stinks sj! Heard someone shoot 3 times so hope it wasn’t y’all down here lol

😂 we only shot once!!
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:42 PM

I hate that for y’all, Shaun!! I know it’s frustrating, but he’s learning and enjoying it nonetheless!!

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by AUdeerhunter
Unbelievable morning for us on the youth opener in Winston County!!! Emory killed his first longbeard!!!

We didn’t hear any gobbles on the limb, so we went ahead and settled in our blind about 6:30. I had a hen and Jake decoy at 15 yards…About 6:45, I gave some yelps on the Fatal Attraxion glass call and a gobbler answered a long way off to the West. Crows moved in on the gobbler and got him fired up within a couple of minutes and he was hammering at the crows. I gave one more series of yelps about 6-8 minutes after the first time he answered me and two turkeys together cut me off. About 7:00, a lone hen eased out into the foodplot from the North and came right up to the decoys. We hadn’t heard from the gobblers in about 10 minutes, so I figured they were coming. They seemed too hot to just stop gobbling out of the blue!! Sure enough, three longbeards with a hen in tow entered the field about 125 yards West of us as the lone hen was standing at 20 yards. The gobblers strutted up to 50 yards, then ran to the decoys. Emory hammered one of the strutters after they had whipped my Jake decoy!! It was like something you’d see on tv lol. We had to sit tight for almost 25 minutes before the turkeys all finally left the field together.

[Linked Image]

Video after the shot:

Awesome brother!!

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 02:51 PM

I hate that for y’all, Shaun!! I know it’s frustrating, but he’s learning and enjoying it nonetheless!!

Yessir, he’s probably too little to even be trying yet but he’s been on me about it and he wants to shoot not me😂
We’ll get one eventually, wasn’t really expecting the opportunity we had this morning
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 03:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Video after the shot:

Congratulations buddy. My grandson is almost 1 now and I can’t wait to take him and see his first kill. I know you are proud.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 03:58 PM

Awesome Audeerhunter‼️
Posted By: cchoque93

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 04:07 PM

He dead at 9:50!
Posted By: crocker

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 05:20 PM

Didn’t get a bird but was successful
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 05:34 PM

Doubled with my dad for the first time in AL since 2012. Heck of a morning.

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 05:36 PM

Awesome morning
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 05:55 PM

No bird today but incredible morning nonetheless. Took a cousin who has been wanting to get her first turkey. Got set up on a gobbler that was roosted at the edge of a big field and ended up with three strutters in the field right after daylight. Got one within 15yds of me and I let him walk by hoping she’d get a shot on him but no dice. He was so close that I could feel him drumming.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 07:46 PM

Heck yea killers - congrats! Been long time since i had a double period Mbrock - that's awesome

Me n boy went to sweetwater. Surprisingly had a bird on us - gobble super early - flew down super early. He was way across line before i ever called - covered ground quick - gone quick!! 😀 Glad to hear him gobble!!
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 07:58 PM

Can you stalk one? 🤔.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 09:46 PM

They were hammering it on the coosa wma

Re: Lftw 3/30 - 03/30/24 10:47 PM

[Linked Image]

Video after the shot:

That’s good stuff! Really enjoy seeing and hearing the stories with the kids on here.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM