Aldeer.com

Which Roll Crimper

Posted By: HHSyelper

Which Roll Crimper - 02/28/24 08:04 PM

I've got to order one to load some shells, which version for the Hal's big xl 20ga. recipe?
Posted By: geeb1

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/28/24 08:25 PM

I bought one from either Ballistic Products or precision . Their brand works fine for me
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/28/24 08:26 PM

Or if anyone has one they want to sell, now that you can buy it commercially produced.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/28/24 10:22 PM

GAEP brand. All of the cheaper ones are just pretenders.
Posted By: Buckshot77

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 01:29 AM

I have the one from Precision and it works fine. The Gaep ones sure make some good looking shells though.
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD

This is the gospel.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 01:50 AM

I heard that Dale Wildman was coming out with his own line. I wonder if they’ll be similar to the Gaep.
Posted By: hyco

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD

#truestory
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 05:03 AM

Do the GAEP brand crimper produce tighter patterns than than the BPI or Precision crimper?

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Do the GAEP brand crimper produce tighter patterns than than the BPI or Precision crimper?

I doubt it, but that little bit of extra taper they put on a shell could make them feed a little better. Probably a little less likely to damage a shell if dropped also.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 04:26 PM

Hmmmm.....read years ago that the reason the Shell manufacturers got away from the roll crimp and went to a star crimp was because the Cardboard on top would/could cause distorted patterns. Maybe not these days.......
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Hmmmm.....read years ago that the reason the Shell manufacturers got away from the roll crimp and went to a star crimp was because the Cardboard on top would/could cause distorted patterns. Maybe not these days.......

You keep popping In with this comment, that might have been the case years ago before Tungsten shot.

I can virtually guarantee That is Not the case with these particular shells.

Hal’s loads have been developed for many years and many of have shot them for years, there is nothing comparable to the pattern density. If You are insinuating shooting blown patterns I’d hate to see how tight they would be otherwise

If you don’t know, why not ask the question instead of trying to prove everyone wrong?
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

You keep popping In with this comment, that might have been the case years ago before Tungsten shot.

I can virtually guarantee That is Not the case with these particular shells.

Hal’s loads have been developed for many years and many of have shot them for years, there is nothing comparable to the pattern density. If You are insinuating shooting blown patterns I’d hate to see how tight they would be otherwise

If you don’t know, why not ask the question instead of trying to prove everyone wrong?

Excuse Me, but this is the FIRST Comment I've made about using this OLD method. Get th' COBB out of your AZZ!!

Re: Which Roll Crimper - 02/29/24 08:54 PM

I don't load turkey shells, but I guarantee it doesn't effect buckshot patterns in a roll crimped shell.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM