Aldeer.com

Holosun red dot

Posted By: N2TRKYS

Holosun red dot - 05/29/23 06:49 PM

Who’s using a Holosun red dot on their turkey guns? What model and how do you like it? If you had a Vortex Venom, how does it compare to the Venom?

I’m looking at the 507c X2, but interested in any or all models.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/29/23 08:39 PM

I use one on my 20gauge Retay. I couldn’t ask for anything better.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/29/23 09:38 PM

they’re top notch, watch the sage dynamics youtube channel review of them

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/29/23 09:52 PM

What base did y’all use?
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/30/23 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
Who’s using a Holosun red dot on their turkey guns? What model and how do you like it? If you had a Vortex Venom, how does it compare to the Venom?

The 507c GR X2 will be my next red dot (well, technically a green dot). 50,000 hours of run time per battery with the shake awake feature PLUS the solar power if the battery does fail. I’m going to see if William at Sumtoy can build a low profile mount for it like he does other red dots.

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/30/23 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by wareagle22

The 507c GR X2 will be my next red dot (well, technically a green dot). 50,000 hours of run time per battery with the shake awake feature PLUS the solar power if the battery does fail. I’m going to see if William at Sumtoy can build a low profile mount for it like he does other red dots.

I ordered the 507c X2 a couple of hours ago. Maybe it’ll fit on the Burris base. I’m excited to try out the green circle dot.
Posted By: 11020

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/30/23 02:44 PM

It requires a RMR base. I have the 507c X2 and 407c X2 in green with Sumtoy RMR bases on my Affinity and M2. I would put them way ahead of the FF3 and Venom I have used before.
I also would go with the 407 if you are just wanting a dot, it is a little cheaper and the only difference from the 507 is the lack of reticle options.
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/31/23 06:10 PM

He makes one, I have that exact same setup on my sauer sl5

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/31/23 06:12 PM

Used a 507c gr x2 all season, I'll be replacing all my burris ff3s this off season

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/31/23 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rockhound
Used a 507c gr x2 all season, I'll be replacing all my burris ff3s this off season

How is the green dot/circle compared to the red dot of the FF3? The FF3 always seemed to be a star or at least a distorted circle. Have any problems seeing the green dot in bright sunlight?
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/31/23 08:56 PM

How is the green dot/circle compared to the red dot of the FF3? The FF3 always seemed to be a star or at least a distorted circle. Have any problems seeing the green dot in bright sunlight?

Stoney, Do you have astigmatism? I do and that is what all red dots look like for me if I don’t have on my glasses.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Holosun red dot - 05/31/23 11:57 PM

u can control the brightness on them, the “star” disappears / lessens when i have the brightness turned down
Posted By: RKM4

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/01/23 01:02 AM

i use an aimpoint micro s-1. it attaches directly to the rib without the need for a base. look on youtube and you can see people wing shooting with it. pretty expensive but is solidly built and there is not any noticeable weight difference.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/01/23 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

Stoney, Do you have astigmatism? I do and that is what all red dots look like for me if I don’t have on my glasses.

I probably do. Mine gets a little clearer with my glasses on but it still looks like a sand spur. I’ve read some people say the green dot is easier on the eye.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/01/23 12:13 PM

No experience with Holosun, but I have a cheapo Sightmark green dot on a little .410. Just like with bow sights, green is my preferred color in all light levels. The clarity of the glass on the cheapo absolutely sux and I’m replacing it accordingly, but have really enjoyed the green dot after killing several turkeys with it. I think you’ll like it Stoney.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/01/23 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

I probably do. Mine gets a little clearer with my glasses on but it still looks like a sand spur. I’ve read some people say the green dot is easier on the eye.

Just don’t get the circle dot reticle. In my opinion it is too busy.

I went back to red on my new sight. The Holosun are a lot of features for the money.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/02/23 02:26 PM

I like it and didn't have any problems with it in any condition. I like the circle dot myself and can be used as an rough estimate range finder when you get use to it. You can also change it to just a dot if you need to.

Like I said, I'll be replacing my burris on other guns this off season.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/02/23 02:33 PM

Do they make one that doesn’t have a shiny reflective colored glass? I swear turkeys are picking off that amber glass on vortex even if in the shadows
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/02/23 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
Do they make one that doesn’t have a shiny reflective colored glass? I swear turkeys are picking off that amber glass on vortex even if in the shadows

The only one I know of is the Eotech eflx, but it has a red dot. I bought one, but have not installed it yet.
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/02/23 03:05 PM

I ordered the 507c X2 a couple of hours ago. Maybe it’ll fit on the Burris base. I’m excited to try out the green circle dot.

Holosun use's Trijicon pattern base, William has them. I have several holosun's in several different models. I have 2 FF3's and couple venoms, prefer Holosun over either of those two.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/02/23 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mr.clif

Holosun use's Trijicon pattern base, William has them. I have several holosun's in several different models. I have 2 FF3's and couple venoms, prefer Holosun over either of those two.

I’ve found a source for a base. I won’t be buying anything from Sumtoy.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/03/23 03:59 PM

Pretty much the only thing I have ever agreed with you on. 🤣👍🏻

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/03/23 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
Pretty much the only thing I have ever agreed with you on. 🤣👍🏻

It ain’t the only thing, just what you’ll admit to. 😎
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 12:13 AM

So where else can you get the base besides Sumtoy?
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 12:51 AM

Wow! what did William do to you guys? I have his base and choke, love them both and he has been nothing but a stand up guy for me.
Posted By: RidgeRanger

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 01:51 AM

I’ve got three Holosun microdots, 2 407s and a 507. Just bought the 507 but the 407s have been awesome. I think either would make for an awesome turkey gun optic.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by RidgeRanger

I’ve got three Holosun microdots, 2 407s and a 507. Just bought the 507 but the 407s have been awesome. I think either would make for an awesome turkey gun optic.

I got my 507c x2 in a couple of days ago. I’ve been playing around with it, but find it to be awful difficult to work through the settings. It’s hard for me to tell what it’s set on. So far, I ain’t crazy about it at all. Hopefully it gets better and I’ll start liking it. As of right now, I much prefer my Venom.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 02:56 AM

ok I think I found my answer in here somewhere!

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 10:26 AM

I got my 507c x2 in a couple of days ago. I’ve been playing around with it, but find it to be awful difficult to work through the settings. It’s hard for me to tell what it’s set on. So far, I ain’t crazy about it at all. Hopefully it gets better and I’ll start liking it. As of right now, I much prefer my Venom.

Can you give specifics of the issue? I’d like to know what to look for if I do buy one.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 12:23 PM

Can you give specifics of the issue? I’d like to know what to look for if I do buy one.

The main thing right now is that I can’t tell what setting anything is on. Meaning, how long is the sleep mode set on, is it on auto adjust, etc. The battery tray thing is a terrible design to me. I had much rather have one like the fastfire or venom.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 01:44 PM

Dang, I was hoping for better news on the Holosun.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 02:26 PM

I’m hoping that it’s just user error on my part. If Venom offered a green dot, I would never look at a different sight.
Posted By: RidgeRanger

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 03:34 PM

If you just want the 2MOA dot reticle, get the 407c. It’s cheaper and more intuitive.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 09:23 PM

Speaking of venoms, PSA has them $80 off right now using code venom.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 09:28 PM

what is psa?

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/04/23 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
what is psa?

Palmetto State Armory
Posted By: YB21

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/05/23 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 11020
It requires a RMR base. I have the 507c X2 and 407c X2 in green with Sumtoy RMR bases on my Affinity and M2. I would put them way ahead of the FF3 and Venom I have used before.
I also would go with the 407 if you are just wanting a dot, it is a little cheaper and the only difference from the 507 is the lack of reticle options.

What advantages are you seeing over the venoms and fast fires? Looks like battery life and reticle color are obvious, I want one but I'm having a hard time justifying the price tag
Posted By: 11020

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/05/23 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by youngbuck21

What advantages are you seeing over the venoms and fast fires? Looks like battery life and reticle color are obvious, I want one but I'm having a hard time justifying the price tag

I think the beefy build of the sight, the solar back up, shake awake, and the green color are worth the cost. The mode thing takes some instructional manual reading, but I got used to it pretty fast. I know about 10 guys that have switched from FF3/Venoms and all seem to think it was worth it to them.

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/05/23 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by youngbuck21

I think the beefy build of the sight, the solar back up, shake awake, and the green color are worth the cost. The mode thing takes some instructional manual reading, but I got used to it pretty fast. I know about 10 guys that have switched from FF3/Venoms and all seem to think it was worth it to them.

I was hoping that those features would be worth, but it is proving not to be worth it for me. I would be more than happy staying with the Venom.
Posted By: TEM

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/05/23 10:55 PM

Did you get the red dot or greens dot. If it the green dot one and you want to sell it, let me know. 850-380-5130

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/06/23 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by TEM
Did you get the red dot or greens dot. If it the green dot one and you want to sell it, let me know. 850-380-5130

I got the green dot version. I’m going to give it an honest chance, since I already have it. If do decide to sell it, I’ll let you know.
Posted By: TEM

Re: Holosun red dot - 06/06/23 02:34 AM

Please do
© 2024 ALDEER.COM