Aldeer.com

Snake boots?

Posted By: RedneckNinji

Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:27 AM

Is there any good snake boots that are actually waterproof all the way up to the knee?

Rocky has their rubber muck style snake boots on sale this weekend but they seem to have horrible reviews of falling apart after short times of use! Anybody tried these? I really wanted to try them but after reading all the bad reviews I don’t know! I’m in ab my 8th season on my current pair of Field and Stream lace ups that should have been retired a year or two ago!
Posted By: Khitzeman

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 10:50 AM

I have a pr of twisted x, i like em, 17 in and just a zipper on back
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 10:57 AM

I have some Rocky’s that are dated but have held up great and water proof until you submerged them.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 11:07 AM

I wear the lacrosse rubber snake boots in wet environments. They work great.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 12:02 PM

No. I habe finally just quit worrying about the snakes. My newer irish setters leak, every pair of snake boots I have ever had leak
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
No. I habe finally just quit worrying about the snakes. My newer irish setters leak, every pair of snake boots I have ever had leak

And they all wear holes in the heels and end up giving me major blisters. No more snake boots for me.
Posted By: buzzard

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 12:09 PM

Got a pair of the non zip twisted x. Like them a lot but would go with the zipper next time.
They were a mother to break in but now I can walk miles and miles and really like them
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

Just bought me some…I’ve worn holes in my Irish setter lace ups and tired of getting my feet soaked with just the dew of grass
Posted By: bayouturkey

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 12:49 PM

A waterproof snake boot doesn’t exist besides the lacrosse boots. I’ve had a pair of them, but can’t wear them due to wide feet. They are the most uncomfortable boots I’ve ever put on for me personally.

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757

Just bought me some…I’ve worn holes in my Irish setter lace ups and tired of getting my feet soaked with just the dew of grass

I wore the first pair I had out, but, they were 6 years old and went through early deer season, squirrel, scouting, turkey hunting, etc. they had a lot of miles on them.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 01:10 PM

My Irish Setters are currently waterproof but it required some Shoe Goo in a couple spots and yearly treatment with Sno-Seal.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 01:27 PM

If someone could actually build a waterproof snake boots they would have a gold mine. My guess is they would need to be Goretex lined making them hot.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 01:47 PM

Just get a pair of Lacrosse Grange and some gaiters. I quit wearing snake boots about 10 years ago for all of the reasons listed above.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 02:07 PM

I love my snake boots. They’re very comfortable and I get several years out of them. I wear them turkey hunting and bowhunting. I even wear them out West. No wet feet for me, either.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 02:32 PM

both my Chippewa & Irish Setter snake boots leak after several seasons - when it’s very wet i wear rubber boots
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 02:47 PM

I love my Irish setter lace ups but they are not 100%waterproof. I dowse them down real good with snow seal and they'll handle everything but steady walking in above your ankle water. To me the comfort is worth dodging deep water.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 02:51 PM

I have 3 pair

Chippewa snake boots- 4 years
Hard to break in. Will randomly rub a blister on my heel. Still waterproof.

Muck wetland snake pro- 2 years
Waterproof but stiff and heavy

Lacrosse rubber snake boots- couple months
Most comfortable out of the box snake boot I’ve owned.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 04:52 PM

Quit being cheap and drop the coin for the Danners. One of the best hunting purchases I've made

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
Quit being cheap and drop the coin for the Danners. One of the best hunting purchases I've made

Danner lace ups, such as the pronghorns, still leak. I’ve got two pair and they both started leaking once they were broken in.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:07 PM

Danner lace ups, such as the pronghorns, still leak. I’ve got two pair and they both started leaking once they were broken in.

3 years and no leaks for me

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:25 PM

3 years and no leaks for me

You must’ve got the oddball that doesn’t leak. Either that or you only wear them twice a year. laugh
Posted By: blade

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:36 PM

I bought a pair of the Lacrosse last fall. Very comfortable. No leaks. So far.
Posted By: bayouturkey

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:48 PM

I’m wearing a pair of Danner’s that I bought back in the winter. They leak.
That said- they are comfortable as hell.
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dBmV
I love my Irish setter lace ups but they are not 100%waterproof. I dowse them down real good with snow seal and they'll handle everything but steady walking in above your ankle water. To me the comfort is worth dodging deep water.

I agree with this statement
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 08:55 PM

Best snake boots I ever owned are now discontinued but they still pop up from time to time on eBay or wholesalers like sportsman’s guide. LaCrosse Coil Scent HD.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: General

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 09:25 PM

Buddy bought the Lacrosse rubber before this season and he loves them.
Posted By: bodock

Re: Snake boots? - 04/09/23 09:50 PM

Danner snakeproof boots are now made in China. The ones made here were bulletproof, I've got 5-6 years out of a pair. (wearing them in the summer cruising timber, too). They would eventually leak when the gore-tex bootie seams wore out. The last pair I bought the side zippers didn't make it a month.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 03:00 AM

Which lacrosse rubber boots are y’all taking about? I see several options.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

Doc the pair I am wearing now are the “LaCrosse Alpha Agility Snake Boots”

I wore them on a turkey hunt right out of the box and put several miles on them without any issue.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 03:11 AM

I hope I got the right ones lol but I got the alpha agility snake boots...idk got pretty good reviews and they are waterproof so after seeing the review here went with them...will review back after season my thoughts

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/al...amp;utm_content=PLA%20-%20All%20Products
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 03:20 AM

Not sure what kind but i hav the lacross snake boots. Hav tried several different brands over the years - lacrosse is by far best for me. Mine slip on and off very easily and are comfortable and last
Posted By: bill

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 06:45 AM

I'm going on 7 years with a pair of Irish Setter Vaprtreks. I think I got a defective pair because I've put 100s of miles on these and they still seem good to go and still mostly water resistant. I bought a pair of Danners last year to alternate on back to back hunting days and they are ok but not nearly as comfortable as the Irish Setters.

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 09:06 AM

These are what I wear doc. They are very comfy, and they’re tough.

Aerohead sport snake boots
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 11:33 AM

These are what I wear doc. They are very comfy, and they’re tough.

Aerohead sport snake boots

My Lacrosse snake boots aren’t those.
Posted By: big_buck_down79

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 05:32 PM

i quit wearing snake boots and went to Crispi boots with Bush Buck snake gaiters. this set up is a lot lighter and cooler to me.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 09:57 PM

I went through several before landing on the Lacrosse Aerohead Snake boots.
Once you spend some time in the hospital, you will wear them.
They are comfortable and the only ones i really found that fit my legs and foot saddle.
The only ones that will be really waterproof are rubber and neoprene.
As far as I know Lacrosse and Irish Setter make rubber bottom snake boots.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 11:13 PM

Another vote for Chippewah but they are hard to break in
Had mine for 6 years and no leaks
They are hard to get on and off though
Posted By: Hunting15

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 11:40 PM

I've had same pair of Russell Moccasins for several years with the turtle skin. Zero complaints except for the price
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Snake boots? - 04/10/23 11:48 PM

I like the chippewahs, but the tread on the bottom is not aggressive enough for the terrain I hunt most often. I’m leaning more towards hiking shoes with gaiters.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 12:10 AM

You guys wearing hiking boots, do you cross a lot of mud and water? Everywhere I hunt has water or mud of some kind and I’d never keep dry feet in hiking boots. Even waterproof ones.
Posted By: sw1002

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by foldemup
I like the chippewahs, but the tread on the bottom is not aggressive enough for the terrain I hunt most often. I’m leaning more towards hiking shoes with gaiters.

I agree with this but i hunt mostly flat land and I wear a hiking style boot on trips. I did not find the chippewah's to be hard to break in and they are probably the most comfortable pair of boots I own.
Posted By: 87v6bird

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hunting15
I've had same pair of Russell Moccasins for several years with the turtle skin. Zero complaints except for the price

A vote for Russells. I wouldn't have mine if I hadn't came across them second hand though. $$$
Posted By: big_buck_down79

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by 3toe
You guys wearing hiking boots, do you cross a lot of mud and water? Everywhere I hunt has water or mud of some kind and I’d never keep dry feet in hiking boots. Even waterproof ones.

I’ve been wearing Crispi boots for 3 seasons now and I haven’t had a problem keeping my feet dry. I clean them and apply their waterproofing paste/wax or whatever it is after each season and then re-apply before the following season.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Khitzeman
I have a pr of twisted x, i like em, 17 in and just a zipper on back

Same here- like mine a lot. very easy wearing.
Posted By: howl

Re: Snake boots? - 04/11/23 09:00 PM

I wear two different pair hikers. The high dollar pair are GoreTex and do keep my feet dry. I've had plenty of waterproof membrane boots that leaked but these are very well made. I cross creeks regularly. You could add a pair of snake proof gaiters and have a snake proof set up.

The others are not at all waterproof. They're meant to vent. I wear those when it's warm enough wet feet don't matter. Wear good wool socks like Bridgedale and walk 'em dry.

If I know I'm going through calf deep water I'll wear the rubber boots.
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Snake boots? - 04/12/23 12:18 AM

Old man that taught me use to only wear black penny loafer type shoes and was like an Indian when he walked. I just wear muck and don’t really worry about it. If I get that close I’ll die anyway.
Posted By: Droptine-13

Re: Snake boots? - 04/12/23 02:28 AM

Danners are the best
Posted By: doublefistful

Re: Snake boots? - 04/12/23 03:57 AM

This is where im at too
Posted By: Fishinspot

Re: Snake boots? - 04/12/23 04:08 AM

Been looking at the new Dry Shod boots. Son bought a pair and I got one for my other son. They absolutely love them. Comfortable, waterproof, folds Down if needed. I need to order some. I’ve got large feet so it’s very hard to find decent hunting/farm boots.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Snake boots? - 04/12/23 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by doublefistful

This is where im at too

I’m hunting in my first pair of Irish Setters so far so good.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM