Posted By: BD

LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 10:18 AM

Hope you brought the rain gear
Posted By: TDog93

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 10:39 AM

Headed in to spot - good luck guys
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 10:45 AM

In a ground blind in a hayfield Gonna try this decoy thihgy. Confidence ain’t too high but it’s a tactic I haven’t used yet so we’ll see. Good luck y’all.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 11:30 AM

Rained out.
Posted By: BD

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 11:50 AM

He gone.

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by BD
He gone.

👍👍.
Posted By: Deerslayer33

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 12:18 PM

Heard one gobble on roost. Nothing else since.

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 12:29 PM

Congrats BD - that quick

Heard one gobble 6-7 times - had hen between us - silent for while now - just gone hang out for while

Very grateful a gob was around
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 12:53 PM

Ain’t heard nothing but my belly growling
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 12:55 PM

Slept in figuring on rain. Got my son off to school and going to go see if I can find one before I get my butt wet. Good luck fellas!
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 01:05 PM

Deafening quiet gobble wise for me this morning
Posted By: Austin1

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 01:29 PM

#3 Gone at 8:20 heard the first gobble around 8:10.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 01:29 PM

Rain rain go away…….
Posted By: Spec

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 02:20 PM

Rain and 120# of crawfish to boil today. Headed to the camp after church Sunday for the week with my son. They are out next week for Spring Break
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 03:09 PM

Had 1 gobble 10 times. Answered but never set foot in the green field. Guess he preferred the dripping wet thinned pines. Left after hour & 1/2 of silence. Will go look for field birds.
Posted By: Mully

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 03:16 PM

Heard one burn it up on the limb that I was planning to give a break today. Unfortunately there wasnt anything else gobbling today where I started so I had to walk back to him and I was hunting him from the wrong side based on past hunts. It was too late to try and get in front of him before he got on the ground. He did just as I figured hit the ground literally running the other way gobblin intermittently. I bet he covered 600+ yards within 20min of hearing him fly down. By the time I got in the direction he was going he was silent. Thats what you get for thinking that 3rd times a charm and hunting him from the same spot.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 03:26 PM

Took my dad this morning and got on a bird that was gobbling hard right off the bat. He hit the ground and we had him at 25yds within about 10mins. Unfortunately dad never pulled the trigger and I didn't want to shoot him out from under him. He lived to die another day I guess.

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 04:16 PM

^^^
Maybe u will get another good hunt on him Coosa
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 05:18 PM

Went in blind in a brand new area for me. Looked good on map, but thought I was gonna be rained out. Wound up having two gobblers roosted close to each other and they got linked up chasing a hen. Never could get them to come up and I wasn't real familiar with the spot, so played it safe. Maybe they'll be around next time
Posted By: SharpSpur

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 07:04 PM

Was fortunate to kill one this morning on the Stimpson SOA. That’s a beautiful piece of Alabama dirt and I got lucky and had the swamp units. First saw him when he stretched his head out to holler from behind a thicket of palmettos about 40 yards. Shot him about 15 yards closer. Awesome hunt. Gobbled sporadic on the limb but turned it on when his feet hit the mud. 17# 8.5” 1” each.

Btw, they got alligators down there 😳

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/07/23 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
In a ground blind in a hayfield Gonna try this decoy thihgy. Confidence ain’t too high but it’s a tactic I haven’t used yet so we’ll see. Good luck y’all.

Nothing heard. Nothing seen. Gonna take the next few days off and spend time with family and new grandson. Gonna get my head straight with them!
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/08/23 10:21 AM

Found footprints in my 2 best spots. Explains why the birds have been so tough this year. Putting out cameras to hunt poachers.

Re: LFTW - Good Friday - 04/08/23 11:47 AM

^^^
That sucks
Hope u catch
© 2024 ALDEER.COM