Aldeer.com

Mr Fox Vest

Posted By: TEM

Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 07:52 PM

I don’t know if y’all have seen it on Gobbler Nation, but a guy would trade a Remington 20 ga 870 in original green leaf that is unfired for a vest. It you bought a vest at the 450.00, It would be a deal. I would way rather have this gun that the vest!
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 08:53 PM

Or just sell on eBay for 5 grand lol
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 09:48 PM

There is a brand new Bob Dixon on there that's up to $4,750 right now.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 10:55 PM

Really guys has anyone bought one for the $450 price?
Posted By: sj22

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TEM
Really guys has anyone bought one for the $450 price?

My buddy, his dad and son got one in Nashville for $450
Posted By: Peach

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/28/23 11:07 PM

My buddy got one in Nashville for 450. His was around number 200. He is now considering selling it.
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 01:10 AM

Know of four people that got them in Nashville for $450,id sell it for $3-4,000 and then buy one of the 20 gauges and still put money in the bank
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 01:11 AM

TEM, appears you’ve been under a rock since the Nwtf convention!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 01:24 AM

There not going to be stupid forever, although there are a lot of stupid people out there!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 01:30 AM

If I were them, I would change the price to $4500 each instead of $450
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by TEM
There not going to be stupid forever, although there are a lot of stupid people out there!

And stupid people keep reproducing and reproducing…
Posted By: YB21

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 02:04 PM

Buddy of mine his Dad and one of his buddies all bought one and are going to MS to buy more when they start selling em there. They're treating them like investments.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/01/23 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by youngbuck21
Buddy of mine his Dad and one of his buddies all bought one and are going to MS to buy more when they start selling em there. They're treating them like investments.

I was going over too but it’s going to be a mad house I suspect. Seems all the hotels in Westpoint are booked. We have a house in Starkville if anyone wants to ABB it. I’m just gonna miss out on this.
Posted By: sw1002

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/02/23 06:37 AM

Buddy of mine his Dad and one of his buddies all bought one and are going

to MS to buy more when they start selling em there. They're treating them like investments.

Dumb
Posted By: YB21

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/02/23 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sw1002
Buddy of mine his Dad and one of his buddies all bought one and are going

to MS to buy more when they start selling em there. They're treating them like investments.

Dumb

You need to eat a snickers and to go see what they're going for online SW
Posted By: Dubie

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 07:16 PM

Anybody at the event today in West Point? Shoot me a pm if you are- let’s connect! This is a cool experience, met some great people, swapping some great stories.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 07:22 PM

Dubie have the line started forming yet?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 07:44 PM

Yeah, it’s wrapped around the building. I got here around 1030 and there were about 200 people in front of me. Supposedly they are going to start checking people out around 630 in the morning. My brother came with me- we are sitting in line talking people- cool experience.
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 09:26 PM

I saw where Toxey pretty much said they'll be making even more than planned so anyone can get one.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ruger7mag
I saw where Toxey pretty much said they'll be making even more than planned so anyone can get one.

I bet the cat that paid $31,000 for one at the convention is tickled to hear that
Posted By: Thread Killer

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 10:26 PM

Besides the fanatic “value” of these. How much would it actually cost for o e if these to produce?
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thread Killer
Besides the fanatic “value” of these. How much would it actually cost for o e if these to produce?

If producing in mass quantities, probably hardly nothing. We make parts for outboard ignitions at work in mass quantities. Most things we have $30-40 in them and they retail for $500-$700. We won’t even consider it if there’s not at least a 70% profit margin.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/10/23 11:30 PM

I’m here
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 12:01 AM

I still can’t tell much difference, functionally and in terms of layout, between the Fox vest and the $130 Nomad…
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Ruger7mag

I bet the cat that paid $31,000 for one at the convention is tickled to hear that
lol

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

I still can’t tell much difference, functionally and in terms of layout, between the Fox vest and the $130 Nomad…

That’s because there isn’t much difference between it and 20 other vests.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 02:28 AM

I’ll sign a Nomad vest for you gomer
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 02:33 AM

The Mr.Fox Vest comes with a pair of bottomland camo traction boards to aid in mudhole extraction.

grin

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

The Mr.Fox Vest comes with a pair of bottomland camo traction boards to aid in mudhole extraction.

grin

If anyone ever develops a Col. Tom Kelly Winch, they can have ALL my money
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 12:35 PM

i’m glad i ditched a vest decades ago - if i were gonna invest hundreds of dollars into something turkey hunting related at this point, it’d be a 20g shotgun & TSS ...

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 12:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 01:07 PM

Dang son, only a crazy feller gonna stand in that line. 😂🤣
SJ, It was good to see you bud!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 03:01 PM

I’m jealous guys! I wanted to go and get one but I had other obligations. I’m hoping to get one of the numbered vests online but I know that’s gonna be tough.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 04:38 PM

Congrats SJ!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 05:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
Dang son, only a crazy feller gonna stand in that line. 😂🤣
SJ, It was good to see you bud!
[Linked Image]

You too bud! Good luck this spring
Posted By: T-town

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 05:37 PM

It would have been pretty chilly sitting out there all night. Saw a guy that drove from South Carolina and had been in line since 3a.m. Friday morning.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 06:17 PM

What number did you get SJ?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 07:59 PM

nice SJ you got it all...

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by lefthorn
What number did you get SJ?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 08:09 PM

Do you know if they all got sold?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 08:23 PM

All the numbered ones that they are going to sell are gone because that started selling the unnumbered ones, I don’t know how many numbered ones they sold. No one would give an answer on that! I got an unnumbered one too that I’ll use and I’m putting the numbered one up for my son

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by sj22
All the numbered ones that they are going to sell are gone because that started selling the unnumbered ones, I don’t know how many numbered ones they sold. No one would give an answer on that! I got an unnumbered one too that I’ll use and I’m putting the numbered one up for my son

Acc’d to MossyOak there are 1,944 numbered vests.

“When the Bob Dixon vest was made, it was limited to 1,986 vests for the year Mossy Oak was founded. So for Mr. Fox, we wanted to give him a year of his own. These vests are numbered 1 - 1,944 for the year he killed his first turkey.”

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:11 PM

What was the price difference In numbered vs un numbered

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:18 PM

“When the Bob Dixon vest was made, it was limited to 1,986 vests for the year Mossy Oak was founded. So for Mr. Fox, we wanted to give him a year of his own. These vests are numbered 1 - 1,944 for the year he killed his first turkey.”

Yessir I’m aware of how many but they weren’t all going to be sold to the public and that’s where’s it unclear on exactly how many would be available

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:19 PM

Same price
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:22 PM

folks with more money and egos than brains....WTF??

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred

I wanted one and I got one, no egos and not rich but I’ll buy what I want and don’t give a dam what you or anyone else thinks!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 10:55 PM

Same price

Don’t know if you’ve ever owned a houndstooth call but they are awesome

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:01 PM

I got one as well. My brother got one too. SJ and I chatted throughout the night- great meeting you man!
It was a fun experience- totally worth braving the cold temps and waiting. I plan on hunting in mine- that is what they intended when they made them. I am not rich, just wanted to celebrate the moment and enjoy some of the history of turkey hunting. The Mossy Oak staff were great too- walking the lines, sharing stories- I met Cuz Strickland too. I would do it again, only because I have had a short nap!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:05 PM

Same price

To me. This makes absolutely no sense. A non numbered version should be significantly less

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:07 PM

Yessir I’m aware of how many but they weren’t all going to be sold to the public and that’s where’s it unclear on exactly how many would be available

I gotcha!! I shoulda known you already knew that 😃
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:07 PM

Never used a vest turkey hunting . What good are they ?
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:12 PM

I’m jealous of y’all that got one. I’m not the biggest turkey hunter but Mossy Oak is what hunting is all about to me and the fact that the actual Oak that was its name sake was here in Alabama and they’re one of the few hunting companies that have stayed true southern makes it mean that much more

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:15 PM

I’m looking at the Nomad mg nxt vest. Looks very similar

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:23 PM

Same price

Don’t know if you’ve ever owned a houndstooth call but they are awesome

Yessir I like his stuff

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dubie
I got one as well. My brother got one too. SJ and I chatted throughout the night- great meeting you man!
It was a fun experience- totally worth braving the cold temps and waiting. I plan on hunting in mine- that is what they intended when they made them. I am not rich, just wanted to celebrate the moment and enjoy some of the history of turkey hunting. The Mossy Oak staff were great too- walking the lines, sharing stories- I met Cuz Strickland too. I would do it again, only because I have had a short nap!

Good to meet you too bud! I had a blast and it was definitely chilly but we meet some good folks and cut up and had a great time! I’m wore out but I’d do it again too after a good nights rest

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:30 PM

Same price

To me. This makes absolutely no sense. A non numbered version should be significantly less

I don’t disagree with ya man but it is what it is.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/11/23 11:52 PM

I have experience with both and can guarantee their is no comparison in quality of materials and build between the fox and the nomad. The fox vest is more on a quality level with the Dixon Vest.

These vests will be a quality piece of hunting equipment for many years of service.

I wanted one and I got one, no egos and not rich but I’ll buy what I want and don’t give a dam what you or anyone else thinks!

Its funny though cause if SJ asked an opinion on a 450$ scope, folks would be telling him he needs a 2k optic. Quality scopes and quality Turkey equipment are fine pieces of hunting equipment that last for years but nobody would judge his 2k scope.

Here’s the kicker on the vest though..... if SJ wanted his money back out of it, I’ll bet I could get it quickly get it back maybe even 10x what he paid. Bet you can’t do that with the 2k scope.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

I have experience with both and can guarantee their is no comparison in quality of materials and build between the fox and the nomad. The fox vest is more on a quality level with the Dixon Vest.

These vests will be a quality piece of hunting equipment for many years of service.

Its funny though cause if SJ asked an opinion on a 450$ scope, folks would be telling him he needs a 2k optic. Quality scopes and quality Turkey equipment are fine pieces of hunting equipment that last for years but nobody would judge his 2k scope.

Here’s the kicker on the vest though..... if SJ wanted his money back out of it, I’ll bet I could get it quickly get it back maybe even 10x what he paid. Bet you can’t do that with the 2k scope.

I understand quality with the leather and stuff but what about the pocket setup?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 12:05 AM

That’s right Rob! The ones on here with the ego’s always show there self….like I said I’m gonna do what I want and could care less what others think!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 12:08 AM

Some people just feel the need to be A$$ holes for no reason.

I’m gonna try my best to get one Monday morning, numbered or unnumbered it doesn’t matter to me. That vest is a piece of history.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Some people just feel the need to be A$$ holes for no reason.

I’m gonna try my best to get one Monday morning, numbered or unnumbered it doesn’t matter to me. That vest is a piece of history.

Hope you get one bud!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 12:56 AM

I am happy for anyone that got one!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 01:16 AM

Same price

Agreed. They'll probably keep selling them as long as folks will pay $400 for them and they'll all be devalued in the resale market
Posted By: Zbrann

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 01:18 AM

Serious question and no disrespect - What makes Mr Fox a legend?

I’ve watched these guys for years, listened to podcasts, bought camo, on and on. I really like the brand. However, I can’t help but think that the hype just boils down to great marketing.
Don’t roast me! Honestly curious.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 01:19 AM

His sons $

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Zbrann
Serious question and no disrespect - What makes Mr Fox a legend?

I’ve watched these guys for years, listened to podcasts, bought camo, on and on. I really like the brand. However, I can’t help but think that the hype just boils down to great marketing.
Don’t roast me! Honestly curious.

If you follow the brand and their media he’s still killing turkeys and he’s 93 this year I believe. Just a lot of respect for him and the way he raised his family. Also he’s had a big hand in repopulation efforts in southern Mississippi

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 02:52 AM

From the Mossy oak website

“we are having a limited pre-sale for an extended batch of unnumbered vests, with details forthcoming.”

I saw a video where Toxey said they would make this limited run and then that was it.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/12/23 10:47 PM

SJ have you ran any of the calls, I really would like to know how the Cody sounds.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
SJ have you ran any of the calls, I really would like to know how the Cody sounds.

I haven’t ran any of em, I might one day but I plan on putting it all up for my son to use one day
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 01:39 AM

I will prob roll dice tomorrow and see if i can get one
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 01:45 AM

Why do people want them?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Why do people want them?

If you don’t already know and can’t ascertain it from all the responses already made in this thread you probably won’t understand.

Why do people want Cadillacs? A Toyota Corolla does the same thing.

Why do people want a Christensen Ridgeline? A Savage Axis is just as accurate.

People want things for different reasons and just because you or others don’t understand doesn’t mean it’s wrong, it just means you don’t understand.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 02:17 AM

SJ that will be a great gift one day!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:11 PM

Clocks tickn.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:18 PM

Got me one

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
Got me one

Yep, me too. Unnumbered but got one.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:20 PM

Same price

Agreed. They'll probably keep selling them as long as folks will pay $400 for them and they'll all be devalued in the resale market

I was a student at UA, for one of the home games Nike had partnered with the Bryant family to make some horribly tacky houndstooth baseball cap with the "Script A" on it. I think it was for some special occasion or Bear Bryant milestone anniversary or something. Anyway, the school announced earlier that week that the first few thousand students through the gate would get one, and that would be it....they would never make anymore of them and they'd never be for sale. The ONLY WAY TO GET ONE, was to be a student at UA and be one of the first ones in the stadium.

So, just like every week, I got there when the gates opened and got one of the hats....and damn they were ugly. But I had one and the university itself told us this was a limited edition that would never be offered again. On the way home after the game, walking down Bryant Dr back to my apartment, I had multiple folks (non-students) offer to buy it from me. One guy, maybe in his mid-50's, offered me $500 for it. Like a damned idiot, I turned him down.

The next week the University announced that due to the overwhelming response and request for more hats, they would in fact begin selling them and for the next couple years (maybe more), you could buy one in every bookstore on or near campus for $20.

I'm still pissed off about it.....mostly at myself

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:21 PM

Got me one

Same here, unnumbered

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:27 PM

They sold out quick. Must not be doing too many unnumbered

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:39 PM

question for those that have handled one first hand........are they as heavy as they look? I love my Alps but even without the kickstand, it isn't light. But the Fox looks even more "substantial" than the Alps...I know they use some leather in it but couldn't tell how much
Posted By: Zbrann

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 08:56 PM

Not important, Gomer. grin
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 10:04 PM

Why do people want them?

If you don’t already know and can’t ascertain it from all the responses already made in this thread you probably won’t understand.

People want things for different reasons and just because you or others don’t understand doesn’t mean it’s wrong, it just means you don’t understand.

Got it so it's just a look what I bought kind of thing. I didnt know if it was like a fundraiser type of thing or something special about it or what and did not read through all the replies. My bad

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 10:17 PM

Some folks will buy it for that. Me personally, outside of the camo issued to me by the US Army, Mossy Oak was the first camo I ever put on. I bought some at Walmart in high school to go dove hunting with some buddies then later in my twenties when I got the opportunity to deer hunt. I always wanted to hunt growing up but my dad was a plant worker and didn’t have time to take me. Mossy Oak camo was my only real piece of the outdoors for years until I eventually taught myself what very little I know now. It’s cool to own one of these vests and have a piece of all that, not for me though, so I can tell that story to my own son when he’s old enough to appreciate it as I’m handing him that unopened vest.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 11:33 PM

question for those that have handled one first hand........are they as heavy as they look? I love my Alps but even without the kickstand, it isn't light. But the Fox looks even more "substantial" than the Alps...I know they use some leather in it but couldn't tell how much

they are fairly light themselves. They are built from high quality materials and premium construction
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 11:38 PM

Lucked out and got a numbered vest today.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/13/23 11:44 PM

Why do people want them?

Got it so it's just a look what I bought kind of thing. I didnt know if it was like a fundraiser type of thing or something special about it or what and did not read through all the replies. My bad

Well I hope you learned your lesson !!!!!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/14/23 09:34 AM

Got me one

Glad y’all got one!
Posted By: Mully

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/14/23 02:08 PM

Got me one

Same here, unnumbered

x4. Unnumbered but that is fine by me. When it arrives I intend to empty my Ol Tom vest into it and use it until it wears out.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/14/23 02:28 PM

I never really thought the Mossy Oak guys were that great at Turkey Hunting myself.... not sure why someone would want one of their vests in such a bad way.

It's kind of like wearing around an Auburn National Championship shirt.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/15/23 01:30 PM

Look at all the vests on ebay now. Looks like a bunch of folks were just looking to flip them for a quick buck.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...13&_nkw=fox+turkey+vest&_sacat=0
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/15/23 01:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/15/23 01:55 PM

Look at all the vests on ebay now. Looks like a bunch of folks were just looking to flip them for a quick buck.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...13&_nkw=fox+turkey+vest&_sacat=0

Yep, we talked about that with several folks Friday night! I’d say 30% of the folks that got them in West Point Saturday morning were gonna try and sell them. My son may sell it one day but not me

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/15/23 02:36 PM

I'll think about buying one when they are $100. Only a matter of time. This reminds me when everyone went out and bought all the hand sanitizer and toilet paper thinking they would flip it for big bucks.
Posted By: RemingtonRules

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/15/23 05:00 PM

Beanie Babies

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 03/16/23 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
[Linked Image]

Funniest post I’ve seen in a while lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM