Aldeer.com

Mr Fox Vest

Posted By: BamaBoHunter

Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 07:56 PM

I saw where they are releasing a Mr Fox vest numbered 1 -1944 and unnumbered verson. Looked like a pretty goo vest as far as layout and storage. I'm assuming the numbered vest will be extremely expensive, maybe the unnumbered will be reasonable. I guess this will be similar to the bob dixon vest They are releasing at the convention, but will also have 2 more sales for the numbered batch at there west point store and online.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 08:20 PM

$450

https://store.mossyoak.com/products/fox-turkey-vest?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mr.Fox%20Vest%20Prelive%201%20%2801GRY0D277E1QHNW50T0BDGQ82%29&utm_content=&tw_source=klaviyo&_kx=33JS_--PjkUOqyx2GuNCruMm9rDROEund4_jJW1qiKU%3D.H9xwbi
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 08:38 PM

Is it a direct copy of the Dixon, or just similar? I’ve never put my hands on a Dixon so I don’t know. Wonder if these will sell for $5000 in 20 years? They’ll probably sell out so fast that no one on here will be able to get one.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
$450

https://store.mossyoak.com/products/fox-turkey-vest?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mr.Fox%20Vest%20Prelive%201%20%2801GRY0D277E1QHNW50T0BDGQ82%29&utm_content=&tw_source=klaviyo&_kx=33JS_--PjkUOqyx2GuNCruMm9rDROEund4_jJW1qiKU%3D.H9xwbi

Ill pass
Posted By: fillmore

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 09:36 PM

Just saw a pic on Instagram and it looks really nice, but $450 is a tad strong for me
Posted By: Duck Engr

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 09:46 PM

The way they've had the social media circle jerk going on about it like they do Chene gear and some rolling thunder stuff, i knew it'd be high.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/10/23 09:50 PM

Imma sticking with my mossy oak bottom land.
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 01:21 AM

I’m gonna get one and kill a turkey wearing it then put it up as an investment
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 01:42 AM

$450 is downright insulting for a turkey hunting vest, and made in china I would imagine
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:06 AM

Can someone explain why this is so special? I’ve had several friends try to explain it, but I still don’t get it. Did Fox actually do something besides killing a bunch of turkeys and being Toxey’s dad? I think it’s a little strange for people to buy these things gambling on a return on their investment the day he dies.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ray_Coon
Can someone explain why this is so special? I’ve had several friends try to explain it, but I still don’t get it. Did Fox actually do something besides killing a bunch of turkeys and being Toxey’s dad? I think it’s a little strange for people to buy these things gambling on a return on their investment the day he dies.

To answer ur question simply , No I can’t .
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:22 AM

Mr. Fox spearheaded the release of turkeys to populate the West Point, MS area back in the 70’s I believe it was.. He is dearly loved by his family and friends, and they wanted to make this vest to celebrate his life before he passes, much like they did the Dixon vest after Bob Dixon passed.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:58 AM

Mr Coon are you from Ms. originally?
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 03:54 AM

It's a way for MO to monetize and commemorate Fox. I'm sure they've realized with the Dixon vest craze and prices that they could bump the price up quite a bit.

The way they're bringing this one to market, I doubt you ever see Dixon prices for them though unless you get one of the numbered vests.
Posted By: sw1002

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
It's a way for MO to monetize and commemorate Fox. I'm sure they've realized with the Dixon vest craze and prices that they could bump the price up quite a bit.

The way they're bringing this one to market, I doubt you ever see Dixon prices for them though unless you get one of the numbered vests.

True. Are there a limited number of unnumbered vests or will they be in stock all the time like others?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
Mr Coon are you from Ms. originally?

Na, just a fan of Mr. Fox and the Mossy Oak story. Get on youtube and watch his last few years of killing his turkey. I just hope that I am able to do the same at 92 years old.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by sw1002

True. Are there a limited number of unnumbered vests or will they be in stock all the time like others?

From what I understand, there will only be a limited number of unnumbered vests as well.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:17 PM

He killed his 1st turkey in 1944 so the numbered vest will be 1-1944. I’m hoping the numbered vest are $450 and the unumbered for us commonfolk are $100 🤣
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:29 PM

I was just curious.. I guess it’s the age we live in with social media. I’ve watched the videos of his his recent hunts and it is very cool to still be hunting all these years later, but in a way I feel like they are using those emotions to cash in. I also think it’s pretty sick to buy something to get a hell of a return on investment the day the namesake dies.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:42 PM

I agree with that. I am picky about my vests and hope to be able to try it on in Nashville next week. If it fits great and I like the layout I may try to buy one, but if I do it will get used.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 02:50 PM

If you get it you get it , if you don’t , no amount of explaining will make you get it . Mossy oak does a lot of fund raisers and other stuff for conservation . Are they using it to make money ? Absolutely that is the point to most businesses.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 03:45 PM

It looks like the newer ol tom to me..ive got an older time and motion that i aint crazy about..im thinkin about building my own cause i cant ever find one i love..some i like ok but just dont lovem. I had an old full wrap sports afield..thats as close to lovin a vest i ever had..it would sweat you to death tho..maybe..if this is a good money maker..they will build a version that dont cost so much.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1
It looks like the newer ol tom to me..ive got an older time and motion that i aint crazy about..im thinkin about building my own cause i cant ever find one i love..some i like ok but just dont lovem. I had an old full wrap sports afield..thats as close to lovin a vest i ever had..it would sweat you to death tho..maybe..if this is a good money maker..they will build a version that dont cost so much.

Check out Grounded vest

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by duxlayer
If you get it you get it , if you don’t , no amount of explaining will make you get it . Mossy oak does a lot of fund raisers and other stuff for conservation . Are they using it to make money ? Absolutely that is the point to most businesses.

It’s worth what someone else is willing to pay

Like a lot of things in life the more desirable for whatever reason the more it cost
Posted By: i10duck

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 04:51 PM

looks heavy to me

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/11/23 05:27 PM

Very heavy and hot . Like the Dixon vest . Fat boys like me are not gonna wanna wear it in hot weather
Posted By: YB21

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/13/23 02:23 PM

Throwing the idea of buying a couple as a sort of investment after seeing what the Dixon vests have done.. I signed up for the heads up email, have they said anywhere when theyre releasing it for sale or a date?
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/13/23 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by youngbuck21
Throwing the idea of buying a couple as a sort of investment after seeing what the Dixon vests have done.. I signed up for the heads up email, have they said anywhere when theyre releasing it for sale or a date?

Yes, first release is at NWTF event this weekend in Nashville, next release is at their store in West Point, and then the remaining will be released online.
Posted By: DoeMaster

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/15/23 09:54 PM

So who’s going to be in line tomorrow at Nashville to get one?
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/15/23 10:00 PM

Nope
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/15/23 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by DoeMaster

They are selling 200 Thursday, the other 200 Friday. I bet they go very quick.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/15/23 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by therealhojo

They are selling 200 Thursday, the other 200 Friday. I bet they go very quick.

180 Gs is a strong goal. I wouldn’t personally own one. It doesn’t meet the needs I have in a vest but whatever floats your boat.
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/15/23 11:43 PM

I also read where the Haas family had asked 10 of the best call builders to build limited edition, signed and numbered calls for the first vests sold. Marlin Watkins posted that he built 10 box calls for them. The list of builders is quite impressive and if they all built calls for them, the first 10 auctioned off are gonna be WAY over $450.

Don Watkins fiddle box
Lamar Williams box
Steve Mann box
TJ Johnson pot
Bill Zearing pot
Dean Redbeard pot
Pat Strawser pot
Mark Prudhomme trumpet
Billy Buice trumpet

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 01:19 AM

That's probably $1,500 dollars worth of calls . Those first 10 will probably fetch $3,000+

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 01:27 AM

I think they will go for way more than that. 10k

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 01:37 AM

Wait. Each first 10 sold vests doesn’t come with all of those calls does it?

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 01:53 AM

yes!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by wareagle22
I also read where the Haas family had asked 10 of the best call builders to build limited edition, signed and numbered calls for the first vests sold. Marlin Watkins posted that he built 10 box calls for them. The list of builders is quite impressive and if they all built calls for them, the first 10 auctioned off are gonna be WAY over $450.

Don Watkins fiddle box
Lamar Williams box
Steve Mann box
TJ Johnson pot
Bill Zearing pot
Dean Redbeard pot
Pat Strawser pot
Mark Prudhomme trumpet
Billy Buice trumpet

Dis something similar with the Dixon vest. I would’ve joy FH t that one if they hadn’t already presold those.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by cartervj

Don Watkins fiddle box
Lamar Williams box
Steve Mann box
TJ Johnson pot
Bill Zearing pot
Dean Redbeard pot
Pat Strawser pot
Mark Prudhomme trumpet
Billy Buice trumpet

Dis something similar with the Dixon vest. I would’ve joy FH t that one if they hadn’t already presold those.

I've got one of the Dixon vests with the calls. They weren't in the same caliber as the callmakers above, but still highly collectible nonetheless. I'll try to get a picture of the calls tomorrow

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 03:53 AM

I found some I forgot I had taken.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 04:34 AM

very nice!!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 02:57 PM

I haven’t gone in yet but I saw something in Instagram that they have already sold out. Folks were in line at 11 pm last night to get in. They have out cards it looks like to get one
Posted By: sj22

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/16/23 03:05 PM

My buddy got there at 7 this morning and 4 of them got tickets 180-183, I bet they go quicker tomorrow morning

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/17/23 07:19 PM

Tickets were gone by 5 this morning. Buddy has already been offered 2k for his. Turned it down. Someone had 2 in the booth asking 2k. Don’t know about that.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/17/23 07:27 PM

Thems the dudes leasin up all the turkey rights

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/17/23 10:58 PM

A buddy of Janet’s son got one today in Nashville. Think it was #247 or something close.
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/17/23 11:43 PM

Guy from here got #146 and another guy got #326 but he has 3 pot calls and a box call and his is for sale
Posted By: Peach

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/17/23 11:56 PM

The number two vest ticket sold for 1500 today at the NWTF
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 12:01 AM

The mossy oak website said the first 4 got to Fox,toxey,MO and their camp, vest 5 will be auctioned off,so I’m thinking #6 is gonna be the first vest that the public could get
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 12:57 AM

They still make pants with pockets so I’m good

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247
They still make pants with pockets so I’m good

I found some MO bottomland denim pants before deer season. I like ‘em.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 12:14 PM

I don’t understand it, but people will pay it.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 01:08 PM

My buddy is tryin to get one at the West Point Mississippi store..he’s doin it as an investment
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/18/23 10:41 PM

First vest bought to flip has hit eBay. Bid is $1450 right now and the reserve has not been met.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 01:45 AM

#5 fox vest at auction at the convention is at 26,000 last I heard.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 01:47 AM

Sold for 31,000
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by therealhojo
Sold for 31,000

Unreal

Gonna be hard to flip that one

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 02:09 AM

That’s just idiotic.
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 05:28 AM

Lol that’s exactly why hunting prices for a lease will eventually be a rich mans game and it’s coming fast. Commercialization of hunting is taking us there. To each his own if u got it flaunt it.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 07:46 AM

Looks like I need to start making vest. $31,000 for cloth pockets and straps is crazy!

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/19/23 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Looks like I need to start making vest. $31,000 for cloth pockets and straps is crazy!

Gotta have a good backstory too!
That’s the cost/value part of the equation.
Posted By: Longbeard2

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/20/23 09:36 PM

Some people, myself included, get sucked into the marketing for some things. A turkey vest doesn't appeal to me, but when people flash a pair of pants that stretch with a logo that catches my eye with pockets that make sense, they have a high likelihood of making some money from me, at least once.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/20/23 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by cartervj

Don Watkins fiddle box
Lamar Williams box
Steve Mann box
TJ Johnson pot
Bill Zearing pot
Dean Redbeard pot
Pat Strawser pot
Mark Prudhomme trumpet
Billy Buice trumpet

I've got one of the Dixon vests with the calls. They weren't in the same caliber as the callmakers above, but still highly collectible nonetheless. I'll try to get a picture of the calls tomorrow

I sold one of the Dixon vests, without calls, last year for $2000
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/22/23 08:12 PM

One on Ebay at $4850 with 3 days left

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/22/23 10:06 PM

How much would a signed, #1 Jughead PRV, Jackson County vest go for?
Posted By: sj22

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/22/23 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
How much would a signed, #1 Jughead PRV, Jackson County vest go for?

I’d start the bidding at $4400.00 if it’s autographed
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/23/23 08:50 PM

I didn't think a bunch of fellas turkey hunting out of ground blinds would really needed a vest.

Re: Mr Fox Vest - 02/23/23 09:25 PM

They was a dude tried to sell me a blind that doubled as a walkin stick..as a blind it kinda sucked..but i quickly realized he’d probably do well if hed start a walkin stick company..it was perfect for that
© 2024 ALDEER.COM