Aldeer.com

LFTTW

Posted By: jlbuc10

LFTTW - 03/19/22 08:45 AM

Time to get after them boys. 65° humid, light wind, partly cloudy. I’ll be going after Osceola’s in Lake County on some private this morning. not a very big piece of land but a lot of turkeys. Good luck to all the kids in Bama this morning!
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 10:11 AM

Just got in the truck, heading over to my buddy’s house to go with him and his son. Man it feels good to be in full bottomland again.
Posted By: Spec

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 10:55 AM

48 here in Clarke county. He about to start walking
Posted By: crocker

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:15 AM

Waitin on light.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:18 AM

Listening at new spot. Plus I wanted to be here in case someone didn’t get message that place was now leased. Good luck kiddos!
Posted By: nomercy

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 12:11 PM

Wind is howling here. Not a peep so far
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 12:11 PM

good luck to all the young’uns!
Posted By: cgardner

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 12:30 PM

Heard 3 at daylight. Got close to one once he hit the ground. Answered my cut. Then a hen still in the tree bailed. We backed out and now are making a loop. All three of these are in this 100 acre block of pines.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 12:49 PM

Perfect here at Clarke and I at the salt mine

Me and the boy going next weekend

Wish I would hav laid down tracks last night at gate - sorry turd neighbors will poach when I ain’t there - they got 1000s acres and I got the 80
Good luck guys - hope to see some pics
Posted By: Spec

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 12:49 PM

6 birds gobbling in here last week and not a peep today.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 01:12 PM

I went at first light to pull some stands and cameras. Had one burning it up on a place that I didn’t think would have any birds. Wondering if the swamp bottom on the neighbors isn’t flooded and pushed him on to us.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 01:26 PM

It’s like ours have left the damn country in two weeks.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
It’s like ours have left the damn country in two weeks.

This happened on my property. I think the locals have taken care of them for me. Funny how they are on camera every single day then a week before season most of them disappear

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 01:31 PM

I had six birds gobbling this morning. Four flew down with some hens about 200 yards out and stayed there. Me and the wife are gonna them again in the morning and hope the do the same thing
Posted By: nomercy

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 01:40 PM

Saw 5 hens. We’ll be back on em this evening hoping they drag in something to shoot.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 02:09 PM

Had 2 hens in our lap for a little bit this morning. My boy got a solid lesson on soft talk from the real thing so I enjoyed that. Slipped up on a couple of jakes in a food plot after that. Back at the house now getting ready to head to Dothan to play some baseball.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 02:21 PM

I got one happy kid with me now. Took a friend from work and his son. Just a 2 yr old but he strutted all the way in to 25 yards. The kid is still shaking.
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 02:23 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 02:28 PM

[quote=Hoytdad10]I got one happy kid with me now. Took a friend from work and his son. Just a 2 yr old but he strutted all the way in to 25 yards. The kid is still shaking. [/quote

Congrats to all involved
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 02:33 PM

No dice for us. I thought they would have hammered it this morning but they barely gobbled. Had one within 150 yards but he was henned up
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 03:09 PM

Took my youngest and we missed a big pretty strutter. He didn’t get near as tore up as I did lol
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 03:36 PM

My 9year old pulled a trigger on a nice bird this morning. He had 2years with very close calls but no luck. Last year scored and then again this morning. I think he has found his groove. Congrats to all the hunters.
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 03:37 PM

We had birds all over us this morning, Had one strutting 15 yards to our left, but to many limbs and trash in the way, was patient and got a shot but my daughter missed him.

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 03:53 PM

Congrats Hoytdad
Posted By: Olbowhunter18

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 05:33 PM

We had a great morning, it was my 5yr olds first hunt. Not a peep on the roost but we got lucky and got close to some and was able to get a shock gobble. After about 30 min had a long beard at 30 yds but no shot. The long beard eased back up a hill but a group of Jake’s and gobblers came running in to our right and we were able to get on one of the Jakes for his 1st bird. I think I was more excited than he was. It was by far the best hunt I’ve ever been on. I would have been happy with us just hearing some birds.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 05:37 PM

Unreal opener in central Florida. Got to hunt birds that obviously haven’t ever been hunted or heard a call. My buddy and I both killed one. They jumped 2 fences to get to us. Gobbled at every call I made for 2 hours. Unreal!
Sorry future team. Team members he had a broke off spur
[Linked Image]

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 06:43 PM

Congrats JlBuck10

I hav killed N FL but never tried Oceola
Posted By: Semo

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 07:05 PM

Congrats to the killers.

I drove to my mom's house for lunch (60 miles). Counted 83 birds. Only 8 strutters though.

I am ready for these youth seasons to start up this way.... next week.
Posted By: Here4fun

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 09:53 PM

Congrats Yall

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:46 PM

Well damn is all I could say when split toe was flying away. Finally after years of trying I get my wife on a bird and she missed. She’s sick I’m sick. This bird was huge. He’s one of the birds I’ve had around here for five years now. Got a rope that’s 11-12 inch’s and probably the longest set of hooks I’ve ever seen. Damnit
Posted By: jb20

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

Well damn is all I could say when split toe was flying away. Finally after years of trying I get my wife on a bird and she missed. She’s sick I’m sick. This bird was huge. He’s one of the birds I’ve had around here for five years now. Got a rope that’s 11-12 inch’s and probably the longest set of hooks I’ve ever seen. Damnit

That sucks i thought it was just youth weekend tho, not that I give a damn lol
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by jb20

He’s in sippi
Posted By: jb20

Re: LFTTW - 03/19/22 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Originally Posted by jb20

He’s in sippi

Gotcha
Posted By: General

Re: LFTTW - 03/20/22 12:50 AM

Congrats to the killers and condolences to the missers! I went and listened this morning and saw a good show with three long beards and a bunch of hens. Hoping they’re still fired up opening day for the big boys!
Posted By: BOFF

Re: LFTTW - 03/20/22 12:55 AM

Well, the two of you got to hunt together, and Lord willing there will be more times.
Definitely reads like one for the memories.
May there be many more, with turkeys in the pictures with both of you!

Congrats too, to all the killers!

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: LFTTW - 03/20/22 02:45 AM

I was sure hoping to see some smiling children
© 2024 ALDEER.COM