Aldeer.com

Listening?

Posted By: walt4dun

Listening? - 02/28/22 12:26 AM

Anyone going yet? Any Baldwin County reports yet?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 12:50 AM

Pointless for me to go now. Season don’t come in until March 25th.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 01:14 AM

4 weeks to opening day. Chances are that what they're doing today, they won't be doing a month from now
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 01:21 AM

Saw 2 strutting in field yesterday w bunch hens at 7:30
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:23 AM

Yeah Walt I heard a couple this morning. They’re not fired up yet, only gobbled a handful of times. Sure was a beautiful morning
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by walt4dun
Anyone going yet? Any Baldwin County reports yet?

I heard 4 Saturday morning. Gobbled decent. Nothing in a different place this morning and listened where there were 3 strutters the morning before. Baldwin County.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 03:15 AM

Pics I'm getting of strutters is making me want to go hunting not just listening.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 04:25 AM

I plan on going tomorrow, hope I get one..
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life
I plan on going tomorrow, hope I get one..

You’re late
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 06:54 AM

Hot dog holly golly dag nabbit dam son, country as F****

I bought my own land some time back and I don't have to buy a hunting license for hunting my own place and I dang sure don't believe I should have to wait for a man I never met; who has never seen my land, nor offered to help me with this land; let alone paid a cent toward this land, has no basis making any decision concerning my land, let alone make the official law of the land that effects my most revered past-time on my land.... And coming forth with these new age ideas like sacking long standing traditional season start dates that was widely regarded and accepted as the right start time for the Spring Gobbler season from here to South Carolina - March 15th. And then simultaneously tacking on more days in hot as fire, gobbled out, no good May? Supports late season burns? Then says it is for the good of the resource blah blah blah fun police please leave us alone we were just fine before you came along; my local birds let me know when they are ready to start up the annual games and when they are ready to quit for the year. My own observations coupled with historical knowledge of my local flock size & condition dictates how many I should take off it, not what anyone else says, or data based off another "similar" property, it is just about impossible to estimate the right number without observations and historical trend data.
Posted By: Chickenrig

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 12:14 PM

You tell em son
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 01:24 PM

Dang Walt !!!
That’s a heckuva post
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 01:37 PM

Nope. I'll check back in about March 18, that's opening day up here.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:06 PM

I got a report they were gobbling pretty good in Clarke County this weekend. I rarely go listen until the day b4 youth cause I have little self control. I’m with Walt, I pay taxes on the property, I trap predators, create habitat, feed them and never take more than 3 off 1300 acres but they want to screw with the season. They are so concerned about the turkeys and hens getting bred that they let you kill all fall which is idiotic. Yet I can’t kill em when they are actually gobbling.
Posted By: Tall Dog

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:13 PM

Post of the day Walt👍
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Spec
I got a report they were gobbling pretty good in Clarke County this weekend. I rarely go listen until the day b4 youth cause I have little self control. I’m with Walt, I pay taxes on the property, I trap predators, create habitat, feed them and never take more than 3 off 1300 acres but they want to screw with the season. They are so concerned about the turkeys and hens getting bred that they let you kill all fall which is idiotic. Yet I can’t kill em when they are actually gobbling.

Well - you don’t know what’s good for the resource. And you got to protect some birds for all the public land youtube hunters - even though you don’t have any reasonably size public land anywhere close to you.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:41 PM

hell no I ain't going to listen this early. Whatinthecornbreadhell are you smoking????
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
hell no I ain't going to listen this early. Whatinthecornbreadhell are you smoking????
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: Listening? - 02/28/22 04:38 PM

No, a bit early. I do remember one cold frosty morning on February 28th several years ago I was working for a fella doing construction work. I had to meet him at his house at daybreak to get tools/materials loaded. One was burning it up like it was April 1st behind his house. He didn't care anything about turkey hunting. I asked him if I could hunt behind his house once the season came in. I ended up killing that bird later(assuming it was him). I couldn't believe one was gobbling that good that early.
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by walt4dun
Hot dog holly golly dag nabbit dam son, country as F****

I bought my own land some time back and I don't have to buy a hunting license for hunting my own place and I dang sure don't believe I should have to wait for a man I never met; who has never seen my land, nor offered to help me with this land; let alone paid a cent toward this land, has no basis making any decision concerning my land, let alone make the official law of the land that effects my most revered past-time on my land.... And coming forth with these new age ideas like sacking long standing traditional season start dates that was widely regarded and accepted as the right start time for the Spring Gobbler season from here to South Carolina - March 15th. And then simultaneously tacking on more days in hot as fire, gobbled out, no good May? Supports late season burns? Then says it is for the good of the resource blah blah blah fun police please leave us alone we were just fine before you came along; my local birds let me know when they are ready to start up the annual games and when they are ready to quit for the year. My own observations coupled with historical knowledge of my local flock size & condition dictates how many I should take off it, not what anyone else says, or data based off another "similar" property, it is just about impossible to estimate the right number without observations and historical trend data.

Preach it, brother.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 02:36 AM

not listening but walking.
[Linked Image]

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 02:50 AM

and found this..
[Linked Image]

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 02:52 AM

and.
[Linked Image]

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 02:54 AM

A good day to be out walking.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: Listening? - 03/01/22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
not listening but walking.
[Linked Image]

Always a good time to put boots on the ground before the season. Got to put the time in. Nice work.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM