Aldeer.com

New boots

Posted By: Be_Cam

New boots - 01/03/22 10:23 PM

I’m due a new pair of turkey boots, but I’m wanting something light weight, waterproof and comfortable. Lace up preferably, as I’ve gotten older I have started spending more money on better boots, and less on toys so to speak. What’s y’all recommendations? Thanks!
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: New boots - 01/03/22 10:42 PM

Not lace up but going to order the danner sharptails for this upcoming season.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 12:06 AM

Crispi. They're expensive and worth every penny.

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

I rolled/sprained my ankle 2 summers ago, “like bruised purple and swole up twice the size as my other ankle” getting off the tractor to look at the hay bailer. I’ve about had to go to lace ups now, atleast for walking a lot. I still roll it sometimes if I ain’t careful but I’ll look into some of them

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

Never heard of em, but I’ll check em out.
Posted By: JasperGlass

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 01:25 AM

Pretty sure crispi will be my next purchase. Broke both of my feet years ago and haven’t found comfort yet besides a pair of onclouds but idk if they make a hunting boot
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

Saw some of those at Sikes and Kohns today. Sharp looking boots. Right at 2fiddy in price.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 02:56 AM

I really haven’t worn snake boots in years. I’ve got an annual place to hunt in Texas now for deer and turkeys so I’m gonna get a pair for the prickly plants as well as rattlesnakes
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

This right here, you'll never buy another brand of hunting/hiking boots again. I've got three years of hard use in the deer and turkey woods on my Crispi Summit GTXs and they're still like new (with the exception of being dirty). When they eventually wear out I'll get another pair just like them.
Posted By: GobbleGrunt

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 07:50 PM

Go check out Russell's website...specifically the moccasin turtle skin boot in Mossy Oak Greenleaf...so, so very sexy.
Posted By: Slider

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 08:16 PM

Another vote for Crispi.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 08:37 PM

Threads like this let me know that I went wrong in life somewhere..... y'all are some RICH rascals laugh
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
Threads like this let me know that I went wrong in life somewhere..... y'all are some RICH rascals laugh

I am at the point where I'll gladly pay double for things as long as it doesn't help China. Danner is all china made communist crap now, and if you insist on buying an American made model of theirs then it starts at $300, not far off from Crispi. And the last pronghorns I bought leaked within 3 months and those cost $250.
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 09:23 PM

https://www.lechameau.com/us/men-s-chasseur-leather-lined-boot.html?s=64675

Nothing beats them. For as long as they last, you'd buy three pairs of danners in the meantime.
Posted By: Treelimb

Re: New boots - 01/04/22 09:58 PM

Crispi Wyoming Uninsulated 8" I think or the Idaho 10" Uninsulated.
Little to no break in and fit my heel well.

Like Coosa1 I've used the Crispi boots (Wyoming) for the last two years and my feet really like them for dry or hilly country. Hiked a bunch in Yellowstone last October with my wife and she had some different brand that gave her a tough time. I'll be buying her some sort of Crispi before we go back.

Now mine have been waterproof, but you can't expect to wade creeks or flooded timber. There is a time for full knee boots Muck, Lacrosse. I've just had horrible results the last few pair with coming apart and leaking.

Never a one boot for all hunts in my opinion.

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Treelimb
Crispi Wyoming Uninsulated 8" I think or the Idaho 10" Uninsulated.
Little to no break in and fit my heel well.

Like Coosa1 I've used the Crispi boots (Wyoming) for the last two years and my feet really like them for dry or hilly country. Hiked a bunch in Yellowstone last October with my wife and she had some different brand that gave her a tough time. I'll be buying her some sort of Crispi before we go back.

Now mine have been waterproof, but you can't expect to wade creeks or flooded timber. There is a time for full knee boots Muck, Lacrosse. I've just had horrible results the last few pair with coming apart and leaking.

I’m gonna definitely look at them, pastures and food plots in the mornings is the main waterproof I need. Most creeks I cross where I hunt and shallow

Thanks for the direction guys.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 02:53 AM

Crispi Valdres Plus GTX is the only Crispi boot I’ve tried. These boots are awesome.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Treelimb

I wear 2 different Crispi boots and can go anywhere my xtra-tuffs and Mucks can go. I add my gaiters. I cross a creek on 80% of my elk hunt with no leakage and I played in lots of puddles bear hunting as well

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 04:32 AM

Crispi Nevadas and Valdres gtx in a wide for me, uninsulated. Requires no break in and waterproof. Also expensive. Do i think you need them to turkey hunt, not really but, great boots and im hoping to get 2 years out of them. I wear them daily
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

I wear 2 different Crispi boots and can go anywhere my xtra-tuffs and Mucks can go. I add my gaiters. I cross a creek on 80% of my elk hunt with no leakage and I played in lots of puddles bear hunting as well

Yep, a good pair of waterproof gaiters is key with hiker type boots. I've stepped in holes in creeks that were halfway up my shins and the gaiter/crispi combo kept the water out.
Posted By: Mully

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ALFisher
https://www.lechameau.com/us/men-s-chasseur-leather-lined-boot.html?s=64675

Nothing beats them. For as long as they last, you'd buy three pairs of danners in the meantime.

Best pair of rubber boots I have ever owned. Mine are about 4-5 years old now but whenever they wear out I will order another pair.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 04:01 PM

Does leather on on inside make them hotter?
Posted By: foldemup

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 04:52 PM

I have the Crispi summit gtx. They are perfect for the type hunting I do. (Walk a lot and climb a lot)
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 09:57 PM

Another vote for Crispi summit gtx. Keep an eye out on camofire and blackovis and they can be bought for a good bit less than full retail. Both websites usually offer a crispi boot sale.

Re: New boots - 01/05/22 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
Another vote for Crispi summit gtx. Keep an eye out on camofire and blackovis and they can be bought for a good bit less than full retail. Both websites usually offer a crispi boot sale.

Call blackovis and ask a question about the boots. Then ask if there's any discount codes they have to give out
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: New boots - 01/06/22 07:21 PM

If anyone sees the Crispi Summit on sale, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Re: New boots - 01/06/22 11:10 PM

Thanks
Posted By: wew3006

Re: New boots - 01/09/22 04:02 PM

Are you looking for snake proof boots?
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: New boots - 01/09/22 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89
Does leather on on inside make them hotter?

No. the neoprene does, but the leather does not. I wear these boots down to some very cold temps with heavy socks and have no problems with being cold. In spring, they are not too hot for turkey hunting.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: New boots - 01/12/22 05:56 PM

I wear Irish setter vaportrex snake boots….to many snakes where I hunt, and it is usually the rattling kind
Posted By: Richard Cranium

Re: New boots - 02/06/22 01:09 PM

Blackovis has the Crispi Summit gtx on sale for $216.00 and WCB10 will get you another 10% off.

https://www.blackovis.com/crisp-summit-gtx-hunting-boot
© 2024 ALDEER.COM