Aldeer.com

Lftw 4/12

Posted By: !shiloh!

Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 10:18 AM

Uhhh I'm freakin sick...Should have stayed in the bed. Hopefully I can get it done early. Good luck men.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 10:33 AM

Another very fine morning out here
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 11:19 AM

Dead at 6:15! Joker just about flew down into my lap! Dang good bird too
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 11:33 AM

Congrats Coosa!!
Get to the feeling better !shiloh!

Beautiful morning. First time without gobbles though.

God Bless
David B.
Posted By: fi8shmasty

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 11:34 AM

đź‘Ť
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 11:38 AM

Congrats Coosa

Awesome morning - my hunt was over bout 6:15 - flew down to hens and shut up but just glad to hear him - he was across creek and property line about 100 yards
Good luck guys
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 11:53 AM

Just about a perfect morning to be out there. Congrats on the early kills
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:00 PM

Congrats coosa! Had 3 hammering it on limb saw them pitch in a huge feild they been strutting since fly down across feild with 2 hens.maybe they will break away soon
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:09 PM

Congrats to Coosa. I just did something for the final time in my life - Game checked turkey #5. That won't ever happen again after this season for anyone, as we will never go back to the way it has been all my life. It's sort of a moot point for me, as I am getting too old and decrepit to be an effective turkey hunter. I hate it for all of you younger hunters. I was blessed to live my life in a wonderful time that will not be repeated in so many areas of life.

I killed turkeys in 3 counties, and this turkey was by far the most difficult. This was the 6th morning I had hunted him. He gobbled only once or twice early in the season, but gobbled good one morning last week. I set up poorly and didn't get him that day. He was alone and eager this morning. Good hunting to all!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:25 PM

Heard several gobbling good on the limb. Silence since

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:27 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Congrats on that big Jake you got there!! He’s not old, don’t be fooled by spurs grin
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:56 PM

Congrats poor country - heck of a season

I will hate to see bag limit change - but with the spots I currently hunt it will b a moot point anyway - I don’t got 5 to tag out on
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 12:59 PM

Beautiful sunrise and I love hearing the woods come alive, but it’s dead silent on the turkey front.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 01:02 PM

Pretty morning for you fellers out there! Congratulations to the killers!
Posted By: General

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 02:37 PM

Congrats killers! I was outside at daybreak this morning and was wishing I was in the woods, beautiful morning!
Posted By: St. Clair FF

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 02:52 PM

Congrats to all the killers and those getting to enjoy Gods creation this morning!
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

Congrats to Coosa. I just did something for the final time in my life - Game checked turkey #5. That won't ever happen again after this season for anyone, as we will never go back to the way it has been all my life. It's sort of a moot point for me, as I am getting too old and decrepit to be an effective turkey hunter. I hate it for all of you younger hunters. I was blessed to live my life in a wonderful time that will not be repeated in so many areas of life.

I killed turkeys in 3 counties, and this turkey was by far the most difficult. This was the 6th morning I had hunted him. He gobbled only once or twice early in the season, but gobbled good one morning last week. I set up poorly and didn't get him that day. He was alone and eager this morning. Good hunting to all!

[Linked Image]

Congrats Mr. Steve! Awesome season right there!
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 02:56 PM

Congrats to the killers.

Originally Posted by Coosa1
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those are some cool looking spurs, I've never seen them tipped black like that. Looks like a giant #2 pencil.

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 03:18 PM

Me and a buddy double on 2 studs! Ones from this morning my #4 of year his #1
Posted By: Booger

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 03:38 PM

#2 is in the books for me. Congrats to all the gentleman turkey killers.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 03:49 PM

It was a beautiful morning but it was dead silent. The place I was hunting is about 500 acres, long and narrow, about 1 1/2 miles front to back, and I've heard 3 or 4 gobbling about every time I've been. I heard 1 gobble once on the roost and that was it. Covered the whole place and never heard another turkey sound on the property or the neighboring properties. I thought they'd be tearing it up this morning
There's always tomorrow
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rolloverdave
Me and a buddy double on 2 studs! Ones from this morning my #4 of year his #1

Good deal!
Posted By: sj22

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:06 PM

[Linked Image]

Congrats another fine season Mr Steve!

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:07 PM

Congrats on the kills fellas!

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:27 PM

Congrats on number 5 PCP! I’ve never been able to get a five bird limit and I made it my goal to get there this year since it’s likely our last chance. Got a ways to go but maybe I can scrape up three more birds before season goes out.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:27 PM

Silent on the WMA this morning for me.

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 04:31 PM

Congrats to the killers was a great morning
Posted By: General

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 06:15 PM

Posting for Rolloverdave, boy is on fire!! Congrats bud!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 06:57 PM

Thank you general! I definitely have been blessed this season! I owe these birds to my buddy he watched them fly up yesterday so we had them pin pointed. When I get time I’ll write out the story
Posted By: Spec

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 07:13 PM

Some fine birds being killed!
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 07:42 PM

[Linked Image]

You sure are getting old and ineffective at killing turkeys, took you all of 3 weeks to limit out this time lol. Congrats!
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 09:48 PM

[Linked Image]

#5 Skyline 410
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ridgestalker
[Linked Image]

#5 Skyline 410

Congrats Walker! Now you can take me!

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/12/21 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ridgestalker
[Linked Image]

#5 Skyline 410

That’s awesome! Congrats
Posted By: Woodsman42

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/13/21 12:48 AM

Congratulations guys. My dad and I hit the woods this morning and got to our listening spot and heard 4 gobblers doing their thing. All four relatively close together. We got in closer and started calling. One of four came up from the creek bottom with some hens we think and they went on their way with few gobbles. Two were across the creek and off the property line. The last one was gobbling his head off. At his peak he averaged a gobble every 45 seconds or so. This weny for 45 minutes or so. He would come closer and the further. We couldn't tell if he was across the creek also or not. We finally got up and moved 50 yards closer to peek into the creek bottom and my dad saw his head and we spooked him. He was walking back and forth on the bench below us gobbling into the hill. We got on him one more time later in the morning but he learned his lesson. We heard a couple more gobblers later in the day but they were off the land line or henned up. My best day as a turkey hunter as I've yet to kill one. I now see what my dad has been telling me about for years.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Lftw 4/12 - 04/13/21 02:14 AM

Congrats to all the killers. It's getting to be prime time.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM