Aldeer.com

Favorite vest?

Posted By: Southernson13

Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 09:52 PM

It is well past time to upgrade from the original shotty Magellan vest that I bought from academy. What are your favorites? I dislike struggling to drop and reattach my cushion so magnets maybe the move if they actually hold worth a damn.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 10:08 PM

I’m still on my first one which is a super elite from about 2009, It’s still holding up well. Got an ole Tom with the magnets on the seat that looks just like the super elite I got a deal on a few years ago but I’m waiting to use it when my other one wears out.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 10:14 PM

I bought an Ol Tom at the NWTF expo probably 8 years ago now and it has been a great one. I think it's the original Time and Motion vest.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 10:15 PM

I got the cabelas tactical tatr 2. I love it when I wear a vest.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 10:15 PM

I'm trying out the RNG from K/H. Trying to go minimalist if I can. It holds about everything I take anyway.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 11:12 PM

Super elite 3. Best vest made imo
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 11:19 PM

I have used the Cabela's Tactical Tat'r II for 6 seasons now. I would highly recommend it.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/14/20 11:25 PM

Never was a vest person with how I like to cover a lot of ground but got the Knight and Hale RNG200 this past season and it's the best thing since slice bread...super light and modded it out with a hydration bladder and tube for easy water access instead of a loud water bottle
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/15/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Never was a vest person with how I like to cover a lot of ground but got the Knight and Hale RNG200 this past season and it's the best thing since slice bread...super light and modded it out with a hydration bladder and tube for easy water access instead of a loud water bottle

X2
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/15/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by BrentM
Originally Posted by Gobble4me757

X2

X3
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/15/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

Me too
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/15/20 03:43 AM

Alps Grand Slam

I loved my Super Elite 3 but it was falling apart. Bought an Alps last year and after 1 season I love it. Removed the kickstand to save some weight since theres never a shortage of trees to sit against where I hunt.
Posted By: Camden86

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/15/20 11:38 PM

I bought a new nomad vest last year, it worked real good for me

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/16/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Camden86
I bought a new nomad vest last year, it worked real good for me

I tried one of those and almost bought it instead of the Alps....no doubt I would've probably liked it just as well. I think 8ts laid out similar to the old Dixons that folks fawn over. I believe Ol Tom is also now making one that's similar too.
Posted By: hootn

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/16/20 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

X2
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/16/20 02:17 PM

I found one of the discontinued Little Bighorn sling vests last year; most comfortable and functional piece I have used. Between that and the Ol' Tom outfit with tons of pockets I bought; carry more than I need.
Have one of the Little Bighorn Epeards vest with built in support I will be selling

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/16/20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by wew3006
Between that and the Ol' Tom outfit with tons of pockets I bought; carry more than I need.

Yeah, I carry a crap-ton of stuff in my vest, but 99% of the time all I use is 1 mouth call, which I keep in my mouth most of the time even when I'm not actively calling. At this point, my vest is mostly just a "security blanket". I just feel naked without it.
Posted By: Cynergy14

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/18/20 01:54 PM

I’ve enjoyed my Ol Tom, light weight and the magnets are a plus.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/18/20 03:51 PM

I loved my old sports afield ...still do but its hot. I got an ol tom t&m ive been modifyin for a season now..i will have it perfect this year.
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Favorite vest? - 01/18/20 09:57 PM

Nomad
© 2024 ALDEER.COM