Aldeer.com

2 in 1 shot

Posted By: XVIII

2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 07:42 PM

ever heard of someone doing? since bama has a 1/day bag limit, assuming a person should be quiet with that kind of luck?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 07:47 PM

if he has any brains....
Posted By: 3toe

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 07:54 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 08:05 PM

Nah, they can tell us..and post pics. No one here is going to rat them out....

Now...how big were they? Both good uns?

Do you have pics? What kind of shell were you using? smile
Posted By: Morris

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 08:22 PM

Timber probably does it
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 08:41 PM

I have in Texas.
Posted By: level5

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 08:41 PM

I heard from a true turkey killer (which I cannot reveal) his grandfather said, "you will kill more turkeys on accident than on purpose with an improved cylinder." So yeah, it has probably been done.
Posted By: top cat

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 08:58 PM

If a fellow wasn't careful he could, maybe, pull the trigger one time and maybe end up with 40+lbs of turkey with 22" of beard and 5 1/2" of spur. Just saying it could happen. May could have been a few years ago. Maybe.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 09:31 PM

I know a guy......
Posted By: Remington270

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 09:58 PM

I've never heard of anyone breaking any game laws. If so, it would be my solemn obligation to report them and have them receive the appropriate punishment.
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 10:14 PM

That should be a double tax on the second bird.
Posted By: Morris

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla

You probably told the GW you were attacked.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 10:18 PM

It happens sometimes. To other folks who are good turkey killers anyway. Never has happened to me!
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morris
Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla

You probably told the GW you were attacked.

Self defense is a legal defense.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
[Linked Image]

Lmao 👍🏻
Posted By: foldemup

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:09 PM

I know a guy who shot 2 turkeys this year with the game warden watching and nothing happened. GW just told him accidents happen and report the second one the next day. First one was at about 30 yards and one behind it at 50-60 got hit too
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:34 PM

If I hadn't waited for a clear shot on opening day this year, I'm pretty sure I could have killed 4 with one shot. A gobbler waded right in the middle of 6 jakes that were putting a whipping on a Jake decoy

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
I know a guy who shot 2 turkeys this year with the game warden watching and nothing happened. GW just told him accidents happen and report the second one the next day. First one was at about 30 yards and one behind it at 50-60 got hit too

"I know a guy"?? his name wasnt Casey was it? grin

Now thats a good warden!

Glad it worked out for you...I mean him.... thumbup

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

"I know a guy"?? his name wasnt Casey was it? grin

Now thats a good warden!

Glad it worked out for you...I mean him.... thumbup

It wasn’t me, just a friend.

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/18/19 11:53 PM

I know buddy..Im pulling your leg! thumbup

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 12:12 AM

What’s the difference in shooting 5/day or 5 at a time vs 1/day Mon-Fri other than 1 being currently illegal and the other legal in AL? Why a bag limit?

And for the the record, yes, first 2 rio’s were a double.
Posted By: BC

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 12:25 AM

Many people don’t believe this but I killed 3 longbeards in one shot. I’ve actually done that twice.

Both times I had no idea any other turkeys were there. Just walked over to claim my bird and there were three laying there.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 12:36 AM

I believe you, may or may not have happened to someone I know.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 12:51 AM

I’ve seen it happen a time or two.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:15 AM

It can happen , even when you don't see #2.
Posted By: sw1002

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:20 AM

I know a fella that killed 3 in one shot several years back and only knew there was one bird there when he shot. All just hearsay of course.

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
It can happen , even when you don't see #2.

Or 3&4
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:46 AM

Happens frequently in early season. The challenge is not in killing more than one in one shot but in allowing them to separate and get a good clean shot at just one.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:52 AM

It happens
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 02:02 AM

I heard of one. Mcninja, you heard of that happening?
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 02:12 AM

Bet we know the same guy. Recently moved to the Huntsville area?? Crazy story from what I heard.
Posted By: BC

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Turkeyboy
Happens frequently in early season.

The first time it happened to me was on the second day of turkey season. The second time it happened was opening day. On the second one I could see two gobblers but the second one was 20 yards to the right of me and the bird I was shooting at. At the shot the second gobbler took off running and I watched him leave unharmed. Waked over there and there was the bird I shot and two more laying beyond him.

Both times happened over 15 years ago before I ever joined Aldeer. Hated that it happened.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 10:37 AM

There are hundred's of pellets in a shotgun shell and every war has innocent casualties. Glad to hear the warden used good old common sense.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 11:55 AM

Just pick out the one with the biggest Spurs and claim it. Put the other bird in the back of the nearest fellow piddlers truck and report it to the GW

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Johnal3

Bet we know the same guy. Recently moved to the Huntsville area?? Crazy story from what I heard.

Yes, from Geiger
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Johnal3

Yes, from Geiger

That’s him. Dang turkey killin fool!
Posted By: BrentM

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/19/19 02:42 PM

The only time I’ve ever got checked turkey hunting by a game warden in Alabama was March 15, 2013. I had 2 dead gobblers in my possession (accident) but I had one hidden under my coat in the back of my truck. I asked if he heard me shoot and he said “no” so I didn’t tell him. I was going to tell him about it if he had said yes.
We are pretty good friends. I ran into him at wal mart the other day and fessed up 6 years later. He said “hell yes” he would have written me a ticket if I had told him. grin
Posted By: mcninja

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/20/19 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
I heard of one. Mcninja, you heard of that happening?

I mean I may have heard of a dude who heard from another dude that it could be done...but that’s all hearsay so I can neither claim nor speculate on the actual events, if said events did in fact take place.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/20/19 03:58 AM

Who would do such a thing!?!? I’d most certainly call and report myself!
Posted By: Wade

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/22/19 10:19 PM

Had it happen before. Not intentional. Kinda blows your mind when you run over there and more than one turkey is flopping around.

Had a guy at the club kill two deer in one shot one time. Shot thru the doe and some how the bullet ended up in a spikes head, perfectly between the eyes. We were all signed out and hunting within earshot and there was definitely only one shot. The guy brought the spike in, explained what he thought happened, and paid the fine for the small buck. Definitely was an accident because the bullet didn't explode the head. Barely mushroomed....
Posted By: crocker

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/23/19 12:50 AM

2nd and 3rd bird I killed were with one shot. Think I was 14 at the time. I was so excited I didn’t think about the law until my dad mentioned it on the drive home. At the time I thought it was worth serving time for the crime.
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: 2 in 1 shot - 04/25/19 01:09 AM

I’d guess that for every 20 turkeys killed, there’s 1 accidental turkey death, be it hen, gobbler, or Jake. Some of that is excitement but even if everything’s well executed accidents happen. I’d bet the majority of the time the Hunter didn’t know about the second birds existence until it started flopping. It may be as high as 10-1 for newbies.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM