Aldeer.com

LFTW 3/31

Posted By: EarlPitts

LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 08:44 AM

About to start my 1:15 drive to my farm. Been on the same bird 2 mornings in a row. I’m going to wait him out this time. Good luck to everyone
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 09:18 AM

Today's the 31st buddy. But good luck nonetheless. I'm on my way out too

Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 09:23 AM

Eating good breakfast
Ready to go !
Good luck everyone

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 10:22 AM

Groundhog Day for me. Lol. Got it changed
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 10:28 AM

I’m out on a little parcel of public land on the river near the house. Had one gobble a hundred times or so last weekend when I was scouting, so maybe he will be looking for love this morning.
Posted By: Bama_Josh

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 10:31 AM

About to make the walk in on this public land looking for #4 if I don’t get blown away
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 10:39 AM

That’s some crappie catching music there Gomer!
Posted By: North40R

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 10:47 AM

Would've been a dam good morning to stay in bed!..... But we're at the camp getting ready to go anyway. Howling wind and more rain on the way.

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 11:05 AM

In my spot hoping he will want to come to his strut zone. It’s super windy.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by North40R
Would've been a dam good morning to stay in bed!..... But we're at the camp getting ready to go anyway. Howling wind and more rain on the way.

Hardcore!!

Ought to be going fishing!
Posted By: Spec

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 11:07 AM

Present
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 11:12 AM

I am sitting in my listening spot.....wet and windy. Little later than usual but hearing that wind I almost decided to stay in the bed. It is my anniversary today and my wife told me that my heart is in these woods anyway so I might as well hunt...till 12 then I got to go to dinner with her
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by North40R
Would've been a dam good morning to stay in bed!.....

Which is exactly what I did. I’m all henned up this morning! grin

Dr. B
Posted By: dBmV

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 12:12 PM

# 2 down. Can't believe I finally killed one of these dang clear cut birds. He gobbled hard on the roost in the head across the hill from me and I was able to call him across the cut to the head I was set up in. He must have pitched down half way to me, cause he came in quick. I hated hunting this property so bad last year this is the first time I've been here this year. Crappy weather almost made me stay home. [Linked Image]
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 12:16 PM

Heard 6 on the limb and knew 4 weren’t on this property. Went towards one and found out he was roosted just across the river. By the time I figured that out, they were all shut down. Gonna call for a little longer and then head home to get ready for church.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 12:33 PM

#3 down.
[Linked Image]

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 12:44 PM

Well it’s time for patience game now he answered 4 times in an hour, gonna see will win the waiting game.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 12:58 PM

Finally broke the slump.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: olemossy

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Today's the 31st buddy. But good luck nonetheless. I'm on my way out too

Thank yoiu Gomer!

also, congrats to all you guys on the kills.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 02:20 PM

Actual footage of me hunting in the howling wind this morning.....

[Linked Image]

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 02:21 PM

He’s gobbled about 20 times. Giving him the silent treatment now
Posted By: North40R

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 04:00 PM

Congrats on the kills! We didn't hear anything but the wind howl.
Posted By: 243Win

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 05:19 PM

Killed one about 830 on public land. Watched him whoop on my funky chicken for a while. I was waiting on him to move away and the excitement got the best of me and now there's holes in my decoy and a gobbler in the freezer
Posted By: jellyhead11

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 07:16 PM

#3 dead at 9:10. Doubled with my dad this morning!
Posted By: lances

Re: LFTW 3/30 - 03/31/19 07:16 PM

Congrats on birds!!
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 07:18 PM

All I can guess is most of you boys are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH younger than I am, not married (or don't care about being), and/or just the most stubborn hardcore sonofaguns on planet earth! laugh

Admittedly, I've just lost most of my interest in turkey hunting, but good Lord the wind was blowing 20+ here sustained this morning. I wouldn't have even considered going. Being on this site has given me a new perspective on just how selfishly I wasted most of my life worshiping hunting. Seriously, someone said it was their anniversary and they still got up and went in these lousy conditions!!! Man, I done got old and soft grin laugh
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 08:06 PM

Turkeys were alive and vocal this morning. Located several new to me gobblers. Hens took my gobbler away but that is the breaks. Quick hunt and made it to church.

I try not to miss the morning after a storm. Seems to make them frisky!
Posted By: sj22

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 08:40 PM

Congrats on the kills! Couldn’t go today but I’ll be back after them later in the week
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 09:26 PM

Congrats Killers
I’ve been alll henned up today
Posted By: Bama_Josh

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 03/31/19 10:42 PM

Gobbled good this morning called in a group of 4 longbeards for them to hang up in front of my brother and he didn’t shoot said it was too far and then i had to break the news to him that it was 50 yards and the gun is good for it
Posted By: Spec

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 12:04 AM

Saw 1 hen and didn’t hear a thing but wind

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
All I can guess is most of you boys are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH younger than I am, not married (or don't care about being), and/or just the most stubborn hardcore sonofaguns on planet earth! laugh

Admittedly, I've just lost most of my interest in turkey hunting, but good Lord the wind was blowing 20+ here sustained this morning. I wouldn't have even considered going. Being on this site has given me a new perspective on just how selfishly I wasted most of my life worshiping hunting. Seriously, someone said it was their anniversary and they still got up and went in these lousy conditions!!! Man, I done got old and soft grin laugh

Turkey hunting is my passion, deer hunting not so much. I am the one who said it was my anniversary, I hunted till 12:30 then drove home 2 hours and met her for dinner. Heck she knows that their is a lot worse places to be than out in the woods chasing turkeys. I was 3 hours late for our wedding, all of our families were there waiting on me to get out of the woods, my grandmother got up and took the microphone from the band and told everyone to calm down, that I must have one gobbling and can’t leave em. She also told my wife that if she wanted someone to stay home during turkey season that she better just marry someone else
Posted By: Ben2

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by hopper35005
Originally Posted by ikillbux

Turkey hunting is my passion, deer hunting not so much. I am the one who said it was my anniversary, I hunted till 12:30 then drove home 2 hours and met her for dinner. Heck she knows that their is a lot worse places to be than out in the woods chasing turkeys. I was 3 hours late for our wedding, all of our families were there waiting on me to get out of the woods, my grandmother got up and took the microphone from the band and told everyone to calm down, that I must have one gobbling and can’t leave em. She also told my wife that if she wanted someone to stay home during turkey season that she better just marry someone else

No way in hiatis I would make the people that mean the most to me wait on me for hours so I could chase a bird. I would dang sure hope my grandmother would have lit my butt up when I did arrive for being selfish.

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 01:28 AM

I wasn’t selfish, I paid for everything. It was kinda of a test of her family could put up with my family and vice versa then it had to be good. I must have did something right, been married now 17 years
Posted By: Ben2

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by hopper35005
I wasn’t selfish, I paid for everything. It was kinda of a test of her family could put up with my family and vice versa then it had to be good. I must have did something right, been married now 17 years

Being 3 hours late and making people wait in you is selfish but congrats in 17 yrs! Seriously that's awesome! Hope yall have a bunch more anniversaries!
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: LFTW 3/31 - 04/01/19 02:06 AM

Congrats fellas. Clear cut birds are special.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM