Aldeer.com

What camo are you running?

Posted By: Coosa1

What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:06 PM

I need to get me some new camo for turkey season this year and I'm tired of having my mossy oak cotton mill stuff fade to almost white every other season. What brand camo are you guys running?
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:22 PM

ASAT leafy suit
Posted By: tbest3

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:22 PM

Brand doesn’t matter. As long as you’re wearing green leaf or original bottomland you’re the real deal.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:33 PM

Drake in bottomland and Treklite in Obsession for warmer weather. Cotton in bottomland for early season.

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:49 PM

I did notice today that Academy has some screaming deals on lightweight browning and Nomad gear in OG bottomland. Anybody own any of that?
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:54 PM

Same old faded mix of camo I've had for years mostly. Lol besides my gray hair pics don't change much. grin.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BREEZE1
Same old faded mix of camo I've had for years mostly. Lol besides my gray hair pics don't still look the same.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Clearly those pictures are photoshopped.........there is NO POSSIBLE WAY you can kill a turkey in mismatched camo. Bottomland is the ONLY acceptable pattern. The only possible exception is maybe some Obsession really late in the season.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 03:00 PM

El Cheapo No Match. It's an old pattern that's been 'round for decades .

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 03:10 PM

I've killed a bunch of critters in mismatched and faded camo, I'm just wanting some newer possibly better quality stuff.

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 03:13 PM

I do like bottomland myself.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 03:30 PM

I quit buying anything that fades. Stopped years ago. The cost saving is not worth it over the long haul. I’m cheap and will gladly pay for material that doesn’t fade. I’ve had the same two treklite obsession shirts for many many years. I have a pullover for cool mornings that is MO duck blind.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 03:38 PM

Didn’t I read on here not long ago where someone was saying that one type of that mossy oak stuff was better than the others as far as fading and comfort? Maybe the tibbee II stuff?
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 05:32 PM

I kilt ine in blue jeans one time...izat aginn tha rules?
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 06:38 PM

If you don't wash it, it won't fade. Turkeys can't smell. Most my stuff is realtree AP. Wear miltary camo pants most times. Don't move and you are fine.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 06:38 PM

As others have said the Mossy oak cotton stuff fades terribly but I still like it. I buy a couple pairs when they’re on sale and just go with it. Last year I got on a roll and wore the same pair of pants all season. They were so faded they might as well have been blue jeans but it got the job done 😀
I get the long sleeve tech tees which are a polyester blend and they don’t fade at all.
Posted By: blade

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
If you don't wash it, it won't fade. Turkeys can't smell. Most my stuff is realtree AP. Wear miltary camo pants most times. Don't move and you are fine.

That's true, but I don't like spooking deer, etc with da funk or smelling myself, I have to wear clean ones haha !
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by blade

That's true, but I don't like spooking deer, etc with da funk or smelling myself, I have to wear clean ones haha !

Shoot......by the end of the season, I can take my turkey hunting clothes off and stand them up in the corner.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 07:50 PM

i've had decent luck w/Under Armour camo - the wicking, non-cotton stuff ... having said that, i've been using a Bass Pro leafy jacket & just putting it on over whatever shirt i'm wearing at the time ... i hardly ever wash that jacket, so it's been the same color for years ... woodland BDU bottoms that i rarely wash, but when i do it's cold water & air dried - they've faded some but not much
Posted By: Booger

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BREEZE1
Same old faded mix of camo I've had for years mostly. Lol besides my gray hair pics don't change much. grin.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cool! Did you kill that first one behind the local highschool football stadium?
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 09:05 PM

I very seldom run while wearing camo.

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Big Game Hunter

You must not have to work very hard for turkeys then cause I run almost every time I go rofl

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 10:02 PM

Cool! Did you kill that first one behind the local highschool football stadium?
[/quot
grin Yes I did. Our land boarders the High school property.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 10:24 PM

I picked up some scentlok old school bottomland in the fiasco sale last month, so I’m gonna give it a shot. Seems to be very well made.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 11:08 PM

I’ve bought a bunch of the mossy oak Bottomland new and old and green leaf, but every bit of it is faded to gray. I bought a bottomland outfit by Drake off camofire that I believe will keep it’s color and is water repellent. Not sure how hot it’s gonna be yet.
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 11:37 PM

If you have to wear camo to kill a turkey...you ain't a real turkey hunter.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/23/19 11:39 PM

can you not smell?

I cant stand to smell myself when it gets nasty. Most specifically a face mask
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 12:32 AM

The new Real Tree Edge is good pattern I'll be trying this spring
Posted By: red neck richie

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 12:51 AM

What ever I have bought on sale through the years. I just mix and match. Works out pretty good for me. smirk
Posted By: n2deer

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

You must not have to work very hard for turkeys then cause I run almost every time I go rofl

Before or after the shot?
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 02:39 AM

love my nomad bottomland shirt...has mesh on the back and on the backside of the sleeves...hasn't faded at all

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by n2deer
Originally Posted by Coosa1

Before or after the shot?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Carlos

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 04:47 AM

Summer weight bdu pants in woodland or tiger stripe and some generation of bottomland on top.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 01:59 PM

I’ve worn the same Old Tom button up since 2009 I think. Wore out all my treklite pants they are mostly just holes and patches now. Banded makes some turkey pants that I’m liking so far.
Posted By: Mully

Re: What camo are you running? - 01/24/19 02:15 PM

I have Ol Tom cotton pants(no longer made) and their tech shirt(probably 6-8yrs old) that I love and I also have Nomad pants that are a light weight pant that are great and they have not faded. I hunt a good bit but I don't wash my turkey camo too often. I hang my camo on my back porch during turkey season and it stays aired out. If it is real cold and I wear it for several days straight and just leave it in my hunting room it will not smell very pleasant. It's amazing how that fresh outside air keeps it clean smelling.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM