Aldeer.com

Gobbling reports

Posted By: RacksnSpurs

Gobbling reports - 03/05/18 10:10 PM

Anyone got them gobbling yet? I went Saturday morning and didn’t have any gobble but I know the birds are in there.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/05/18 10:12 PM

Had gobbling Sunday morning and strutting Sunday afternoon
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/05/18 10:44 PM

I went Saturday morning and had a bunch of birds talking to each other but no gobbling.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 12:50 AM

Got a report from our neighbor in Clarke County and he said they have been gobbling good for the last week, Heck they were gobbling the last week of January when I was there. Come on 3/15!! Just nice to have birds again. We use to have an amazing turkey population but they have disappeared the last 10 yrs. Well a few showed up last year and now they are everywhere. I just hope the pigs don't run them off.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 01:14 AM

A buddy heard 6-7 this morning in st claire cnty.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 01:16 AM

Stood on the hill behind the house this morning. Heard 2 birds close and another across the road.
Posted By: Mike32

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 01:31 AM

Heard 7 on public land last Tuesday morning before I had to come back offshore. Not from the same spot though
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mike32
Heard 7 on public land last Tuesday morning before I had to come back offshore. Not from the same spot though

Must have been Skyline
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 10:32 AM

I heard 5 yesterday morning. One must have gobbled over 100 times by 7:30. Earliest to sound off was at 5:50. By 7:45 they had all gotten quite. Location, 3 miles north of I-10.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 10:59 AM

I aint heard shucks.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 11:29 AM

I've seen some birds and have been out at daybreak for the past two weeks and haven't heard anything
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 12:43 PM

Haven't heard anything in past two weeks either, still got 3 more mornings to find a dumb one for the kiddo. Good luck to everyone taking a kid this weekend.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 12:53 PM

Heard nothin on the club in franklin last saturday March 3rd.
Posted By: Mike32

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Mike32

Must have been Skyline

No. Covington county in south bama
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 04:15 PM

I spent a good part of my weekend walking around on Cahaba and Choccoloc looking for sign. Didn’t see a ton of sign but started crow calling and cutting on a box call mid morning and got several birds fired up!!!
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by n2deer
I aint heard shucks.

me either
Posted By: BC

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 06:11 PM

I aint heard shucks.

LMAO
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BrentM
I spent a good part of my weekend walking around on Cahaba and Choccoloc looking for sign. Didn’t see a ton of sign but started crow calling and cutting on a box call mid morning and got several birds fired up!!!

That was me gobbling back at you laugh
Posted By: BC

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 06:14 PM

Haven’t heard anything gobble but I haven’t listened either. Saw 5 strutting on my place last weekend with a couple of hens though.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 06:54 PM

I spent all weekend in lowndes management area, I heard several birds gobbling. Made me very excited, it’ll be sure better than here at home.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 07:04 PM

That's a good preseason strategy, most people don't know this but a PBT will remember where that hen was and when you come back next weekend and call there again he'll remember and come right in.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10

That's a good preseason strategy, most people don't know this but a PBT will remember where that hen was and when you come back next weekend and call there again he'll remember and come right in.

Shhhhhh!!!! Can’t tell everything
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 07:56 PM

Best gobbling I’ve heard in a long time on Skyline WMA the few mornings I’ve been out. Definitely need to be there opening morning. They ready - first week ought to be good.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 07:58 PM

I always blow my dog whistle on public land.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 09:04 PM

Wide open Perry Co.!!!
Posted By: dirtwrk

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 09:22 PM

gobble good in south montgomery sat morning.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by turkey247
Best gobbling I’ve heard in a long time on Skyline WMA the few mornings I’ve been out. Definitely need to be there opening morning. They ready - first week ought to be good.

Skyline is closed this year due to Auburn doing a research project.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/06/18 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13

Skyline is closed this year due to Auburn doing a research project.

Exactly thumbup
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/07/18 04:31 AM

It ain't turkey season why does it matter if they are gobbling? The crazy things gobble year round
Posted By: Bigtymer81

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/07/18 08:02 AM

To bad the season starts the 28th frown
Posted By: 202P&Y

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/07/18 05:59 PM

Been 2x under not so great conditions in Pickens Co and have heard zilch
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/07/18 06:21 PM

I haven’t heard shucks, If I did you shouldn’t believe me.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Gobbling reports - 03/07/18 06:42 PM

I haven’t heard shucks, If I did you shouldn’t believe me.

X2 I ain’t telling y’all nothing

My mama asked me if heard any turkeys and I told her I quit hunting laugh
© 2024 ALDEER.COM