Aldeer.com

Sam Murphy

Posted By: Goose11

Sam Murphy - 03/21/16 10:02 PM

I'm headed back to Sam Murphy tomorrow, anyone tried it out this year? How many gobblers taken so far?
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 08:35 AM

So how's it going at Sam Murphy? I haven't hunted there in probably 14 years.

Lonster
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 08:42 AM

I've got a spot I need to go to one weekend, used to always have birds in it.
Posted By: rumrunner

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 10:17 AM

You can PM me those coordinates and I will check on it for you.
Posted By: TR

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 08:45 PM

I was there opening day and again on Monday morning. I didn't hear a single gobble. I spoke with a game warden late morning and he said that they were gobbling last Saturday and 3 or 4 died. Of course, that's all that got reported. He said the numbers are down some. The spot I hunted had several birds last year and I'm sure there are several there now. Maybe I was there on the wrong days.
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 09:44 PM

There were only 3 birds on the check list. 2 of which were killed by the same guy a day apart. My brother & I heard one gobble once early, then headed to another gobbling bird in a holler. As we approached we heard what we both were convinced was a hunter working the bird, so we backed out real quiet. Never heard a shot, but dude left out of the in a hurry about 45 minutes later. We listened for a while but never could get on another vocal bird. It was a beautiful day!

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/22/16 10:23 PM

I don't mind sharing the location, I have no intent on hunting there again anytime soon.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/23/16 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
I don't mind sharing the location, I have no intent on hunting there again anytime soon.

I see how you are. I tell you TR and I were headed that way opening day and you never mentioned your honey hole. Cant help the rookies or what?

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/23/16 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryano
Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

I see how you are. I tell you TR and I were headed that way opening day and you never mentioned your honey hole. Cant help the rookies or what?

I figured y'all had a spot! I sent TR a map lastnight. I'll send it to you too. Dang! smile
Posted By: Ryano

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/23/16 10:50 AM

We did. We couldn't get them going though. Just messing with you.
Posted By: znix123

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/24/16 10:24 PM

Headed there in morning. Any idea where to start.
Posted By: Bankhead3471

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/25/16 12:03 PM

I went all over my spots on Sam Murphy this morning and never heard a turkey 1. Seen a bunch of hunters though. If 1 would have gobbled he would have been targeted by several.
Posted By: TR

Re: Sam Murphy - 03/27/16 09:24 PM

I've been twice and never heard a gobble.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM