Aldeer.com

Mathews Chill R ?

Posted By: Hunter_mann

Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:00 PM

Thinking about getting a chill r I currently shoot a Maxxis 31 and thoughts on the chill?
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:05 PM

Im diggin my Chill X
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:06 PM

Got one in tree with me right now. Hands down the best shooting Mathews I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch of them.

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:13 PM

That's a sharpe looking bow there shaw I might just have to pick one up this week !! What speeds are you getting out of the bow?

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:29 PM

I haven't shot it through a chrono. It's quiet and accurate, that's all I'm worried about.

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 12:43 PM

That's really all I care about just was curious
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 01:15 PM

I shot the Chill R, Chill X and the No Cam this week...Loved 'em all! I thnk I liked the Chill X a little better, but it had the Rock Mods installed; were as the the Chill R didn't. Adding the Rock Mods to the Chill R might be the game breaker.
The No Cam HST has the smoothest draw cycle of an any bow I have ever shot and was extremely quiet through the shot even on a bare bow.
I wouldn't kick any of the three out of the tree. grin
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 01:17 PM

This bow would be PURDY with an Orange string.

Originally Posted By: Shaw

Got one in tree with me right now. Hands down the best shooting Mathews I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch of them.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

Shaw, what do you think of the HTR and Z2? Ive shot a DXT since 08 but im considering a new one next year. I like the Z7 and from my understanding that Z2 is the same thing.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 04:55 PM

I have the Chill and love it. I had the doc mods put on and it's great.

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 06:37 PM

Yes the Z2 is the same as the Z7 only the Z2 will come standard with the focus grip. I haven't seen the HTR in person yet.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 09:31 PM

I shot the HTR at Woods and Water today. It is a nice bow for sure but I didn't like it any better than my Chill R.
Posted By: Lil'D

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/12/14 09:37 PM

I fell in love with the chill r when I shot it two months ago but waited for the new releases to come out. I went back this past Saturday and shot the new Hoyt's & the htr, I have also shot some of the bowtechs, bears, and pse's this past month while trying to decide what to get.

This is what I came home with, it has the stock mods still but I plan on giving the 75% rock mods a try later on.

I also shot the sdx (which they are offering in 70lbs this year), it was a close second to the chill r for me, but, I felt that the extra 3"ata helped me hold steadier.
Posted By: Crimson Hunter

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/13/14 12:00 AM

What is the difference in the Monster Chill, Chill R and Chill X?
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/13/14 12:18 AM

Those are some helluva weights on that string shaw. Those come factory. I thought the ones on my insanity were big.

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/13/14 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Crimson Hunter
What is the difference in the Monster Chill, Chill R and Chill X?

Chill 30.5" axle to axle 7" brace height (Discontinued for 2015)

Chill SDX 30.5" axle to axle 6" brace height

Chill R 33" axle to axle 6 1/8" brace height

Chill X 35" axle to axle 7" brace height

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/13/14 08:46 PM

Mine is on its way!!!!
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Mathews Chill R ? - 11/14/14 08:30 PM

© 2024 ALDEER.COM