Aldeer.com

Oct. Traditions

Posted By: bloodtrail

Oct. Traditions - 10/07/14 10:47 PM

Just like a bear instinctively prepares to hibernate in late fall, or the majestic large mouth bass moves shallow in the spring, I feel the "need" to re-fletch arrows the week before season starts. Don't know why, I just do. Before the outdoor channel I would watch a hunting DVD, tonight is a Jim Shockey Uncharted dvr marathon.

Tomorrow evening I'll wash my camo and hang them outside til I need them.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Oct. Traditions - 10/07/14 10:55 PM

I always change out all my broadheads the night before I hunt.. Even if they've never been shot.... I take five arrows when I go into the woods....three new broadheads...two used broadheads....I change all five out with three new ones....and two used ones.... Just something I do..... I don't throw them away....I just change em out.... Reuse them throughout the year if need be.... Mental I guess....
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Oct. Traditions - 10/07/14 11:15 PM

I have a tradition of regretting that I didn't do more to get ready for the season by practicing, like I said I would last year. slap
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Oct. Traditions - 10/08/14 10:13 AM

I like to shoot my bow a few times the evening before I go hunt
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Oct. Traditions - 10/08/14 11:12 AM

Usually have a get together with all the hunting buddies and have a little archery competition. Including lots of beer, grilling, and fire.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM